FIFA 19

FifeArab

30 minutes ago, Yonas said:

Packed Lloris from basic Nations SBC.. decent 70k

stuck Depay and Fekir in the team replacing Lanzini and Arny. Anyone use them and know if good? 16k was costly for Fekir.

If he’s anything like his blue card was on ‘17 then Fekir will be an absolute baller

I'm not really sure what to make of this year's edition. I didn't really play Ultimate Team last year, particularly in the early stages, but what I noticed very quickly (within a day of release) was that 95% of players have teams which cost 1m coins and upwards. I've no idea how so many people can amass such wealth in a short space of time, and furthermore why EA's matchmaking has regressed to the point that anything other than using the very best team you can afford to assemble results in a mismatch. I've played a fair bit of UT so far (taking care to avoid FUT Champs), and enjoyed it in spells, but I can see my interest waning as the wealth gap widens and EA flood the game with special cards. I have 730k in the bank at the moment (the result of web app trading, coin boosts and uncharacteristically good pack luck), but am seriously considering just selling them so that I can put the proceeds towards an external hard drive for my PS4.

I'm frustrated with the game as I think the gameplay is generally the best it's been in years, but a few things are really letting the game down at the moment. Kick off goals and the heavy momentum swings are ridiculous and need toned down, if not removed completely in a game which is going down a competitive route. Goals from corners are far too easy to score for the kind of folk who watch YouTube tutorials and abuse the somewhat broken overhead kick mechanic in the game, also. I like that they've added a bit more skill to shooting but before long folk will have timed shooting nailed down and just about anything will be flying in with high-rated cards. If they can iron out some of the game's issues then I think it'll be my favourite one in some time.

This is the team I'm rocking at the moment. It's quite funny looking at this merry band when there are 730,000 coins sitting there available, but they're all holding up quite well against the insane squads I'm facing up against. Kondogbia is an absolute animal, if he manages to get an in form it'll be one of the best cards for its rating in the game. A wee bit sluggish for me, even with engine applied, but he's a complete bully. I would advise every single person on the planet against Sergio Asenjo in goals, but I'm too tight to splurge on a noticeable upgrade for him. Also, if you don't have Keita Baldé Diao as a super sub, you're playing this game wrong. Some boy.

Screenshot_20181019-014540_Companion.jpg

Got a couple of games in before I head to work so started WL 3-2. 

Van Dijk is a total monster at the back. Absolute game changer.

345F5EEE-5CF3-4C8E-A643-2803C854A68A.thumb.jpeg.7bc4e213ec3b3349d860fa8aad074c91.jpeg

I see prices are starting to come down because of the hype for the Scream promo, so hoping Kyle Walker will be below 100k before the end of the day.

Edited by Sauzee#4

Not played for two fucking days and I've been left behind in terms of squad. Every game ive played tonight has a squad featuring at least one Icon and Mbappe. It's insane.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not played for two fucking days and I've been left behind in terms of squad. Every game ive played tonight has a squad featuring at least one Icon and Mbappe. It's insane.

Yeah, this is the yearly point where I just sack the game for a few months. Every squad I've played tonight has an individual cost of over 2m coins, absolutely zero chance I can compete with that, so I'm literally just playing to get pumped. Hopefully the divisions settle a bit like they do usually.

Finding Squad Battles vey very inconsistent with my team producing good performance the next they are absolute useless plus the goals the CPU score are pure bullshit one before was a cross behind Andres Guardardo at the edge of the box to side over head kick over my goalie perfectly.

Adding the volleys has ruined it for me fun at the start but now its just unrealistic.

Got to eleven wins on weekend league again. Five games left to get three wins for gold three.

Seriously considering sacking this off until the patch comes out when I’m done because I’m not finding this game enjoyable in the slightest.

How is everyone against the CPU?  I only really play career, but I know you can do squad battles against the AI, albeit a bit different to standard AI. I’m conceding around a goal a game from a cross, with my defenders just blatantly moving out the road for a free header, or sometimes not there at all. I think I hit the frame of the goal at least once per match also.

I started Fifa 19 on ultimate but I was pretty close to snapping my controller with the utter bullshit that was happening before my eyes. I moved down to legendary, but the same bullshit happens from crosses and don’t get me started on overhead kicks and acrobatic volleys. It’s just a bit more toned down than ultimate. I’m guessing squad battles is similar? 

The other thing I’m noticing is the CPU Sittinf really really deep and just blocking all your shots, even clean through, their defenders will catch up and time a slide to perfection to deflect your shot out for a corner. It happens waaaay to often. Enjoying it enough though, career mode with Deportivo at the Raizor is cool. 

9 minutes ago, Wardy said:

How is everyone against the CPU?  I only really play career, but I know you can do squad battles against the AI, albeit a bit different to standard AI. I’m conceding around a goal a game from a cross, with my defenders just blatantly moving out the road for a free header, or sometimes not there at all. I think I hit the frame of the goal at least once per match also.

I started Fifa 19 on ultimate but I was pretty close to snapping my controller with the utter bullshit that was happening before my eyes. I moved down to legendary, but the same bullshit happens from crosses and don’t get me started on overhead kicks and acrobatic volleys. It’s just a bit more toned down than ultimate. I’m guessing squad battles is similar? 

The other thing I’m noticing is the CPU Sittinf really really deep and just blocking all your shots, even clean through, their defenders will catch up and time a slide to perfection to deflect your shot out for a corner. It happens waaaay to often. Enjoying it enough though, career mode with Deportivo at the Raizor is cool. 

I play Squad Battles on Legendary win some lose some. CPU average a overhead goal every game. Finished Elite 2 last week and opend the rewards with were x2 Mega Packs and a Premium Players Pack. All three were shit with best player bing 83 Laporte and 80s being highest in other two packs.

Its not gave me the urge to battle away with the games again this week. Just muck about on Rivals now and then.

IMG_1540227400.105392.thumb.jpg.807e324e4bda231a2b7ea146f64f4f7c.jpg

Just played a boy on rivals who had this team. That’s well over 2 mill and in division 5 as well. Team name says it all.

Beat the c**t 3-1 tae.

Edit: you can’t see the team name in the photo but it’s FC MasterCard.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

IMG_1540227400.105392.thumb.jpg.807e324e4bda231a2b7ea146f64f4f7c.jpg

Just played a boy on rivals who had this team. That’s well over 2 mill and in division 5 as well. Team name says it all.

Beat the c**t 3-1 tae.

Edit: you can’t see the team name in the photo but it’s FC MasterCard.

Division 5 ffs :lol: definition of all the gear and no idea right there

Same as last years I find playing Online that I’m getting beat by counter attacks too often.

I like to keep possession and pass the ball around but quite often come up against teams who’ll hammer the ball up to their pacy forwards as some as they get the ball.

Any tips on how to set up your teams to stop this?

Frustrating having 2/3 possession in games and failing to win against these types of teams