FIFA 19

FifeArab

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Go on WebApp, pick the option to get more Spanish players out packs, and get a raft of reward packs thanking me for returning. 

Open first pack, Gary Cahill and a bunch of shite Spaniards. 

Welcome back to Ultimate Team. 

I think they've added more EPL players to packs than anyone else.  I've managed to get a lot of low 80s players from packs despite having no interest (I picked Italy, got f**k all).

Total anti-climax with the web app.  Was really looking forward to getting involved from the start again, but when it's just that and no game, and then you get the same old pack shenanigans...it's just a bit shit.  Expect me to change my mind the minute I get anyone decent, or win a game.

4 hours ago, forameus said:

I think they've added more EPL players to packs than anyone else.  I've managed to get a lot of low 80s players from packs despite having no interest (I picked Italy, got f**k all).

Total anti-climax with the web app.  Was really looking forward to getting involved from the start again, but when it's just that and no game, and then you get the same old pack shenanigans...it's just a bit shit.  Expect me to change my mind the minute I get anyone decent, or win a game.

See someone's got Rivaldo already, doubt he'll manage to sell him anytime soon though. 

My Serie A side taking shape, mix of pack luck gained from SBCs and selling folk have helped me, got a full transfer list to sell which should build my first squad. 

Screenshot_20180920-170652.thumb.png.c8879ea0081222dfae099070897d7f23.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just noticed they've made next to no difference to career mode which is massively disappointing. I enjoy FUT as much as the next guy but like the career modes just as much. Main things being a player career and not being able to get a transfer anywhere, and the manager career where negotiations are just fucking mental (i.e. team wants £1m for a player, you get them down to £800k, then out of nowhere they're wanting £2.9m).

Haven't pre-ordered it this year, will still get it like the mug I am but probably see if the price goes down over a couple of months or get it pre-owned.

Anyway, thought I'd get a Livi team when the web app went up. Pittman being a striker is a pain, means I'll probably need to use modifiers to get him through to a CM. McMillan being a LB is even worse, can't change him to the other side. Going to be a good laugh using Gary Maley and Matthew Knox online.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

See someone's got Rivaldo already, doubt he'll manage to sell him anytime soon though. 

My Serie A side taking shape, mix of pack luck gained from SBCs and selling folk have helped me, got a full transfer list to sell which should build my first squad. 

Screenshot_20180920-170652.thumb.png.c8879ea0081222dfae099070897d7f23.png

Do yourself a favour and get Simone Verdi.

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Do yourself a favour and get Simone Verdi.

I'll stick him on my wishlist, cheers. 

Building quite a decent team tbh, although I'll run out of ways to make money soon.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180921-115505.thumb.png.d720d51f59d35c4d51a6ca1449f9a1e2.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

All the log-in bonus packs so far have been Premier League branded Premium Gold Packs.  What's that?  You don't want to play with PL players?  Why don't you f**k off

I'd have been happy with that. I've had one Ligue One pack, plus 500 and 1000 coins so far.

Pieced together this squad so far. Also tried to buy a few investments for once the game is out - Bacca (82) for 400 coins and Kagawa (83) for 800 coins is dirt cheap.

Prem.png

Packed Buffon in a Premium Gold Pack, think I only managed an 88-rated once in the entirety of 18 (outside of TOTS etc).  Going for 14k now, but will sit on him for a little while and sell him once he rises.  Decent money source to be sitting on at this stage, even though I've yet to actually get a team I could play a game with.

Using my 10 hours on the Journey as I can't stand FUT. Was planning on using it on Pro Clubs but the forum I play on seems to be a little slow and everyone's just waiting for full release. Since not everyone has played Journey, I'll post them in spoilers

Spoiler

Not sure what to make of this Mentor system. Basically a continuation of last games thing where you had to try and form a partnership.. now you get a choice between 2 groups at Real Madrid, groups made up of about 5 players. Different players can help different attributes. Currently trying to form at partnership with Isco but the guy is fucking useless

image.thumb.png.3bddd5916bdc9569fd794cd796b36c5f.png

My team from packs. Sold Kondogbia for the coins balance. good starting amount.

Buying in a Giroud or Andy Carroll striker as after the demo these types of player will bully the defenders in the air for they pick the more pacey less physical.

EA have already stopped the daily rewards for logging into the Web App. It means there isn;t a huge amount of interest in logging in each day if you aren't getting anything for it (even if it was 500 coins or a bronze pack). Just waiting until the middle of the week until I can play the actual game.

36 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

EA have already stopped the daily rewards for logging into the Web App. It means there isn;t a huge amount of interest in logging in each day if you aren't getting anything for it (even if it was 500 coins or a bronze pack). Just waiting until the middle of the week until I can play the actual game.

They said they'd bring it back once a "bug was fixed" but probably find that's it until the games released. 

This is my team until I can play some matches, probably be a few weeks until I bother buying. 

Screenshot_20180923-120023.thumb.png.f7173e20e4de3dde19b2150af2d04129.png

Yeah, the daily rewards stuff is apparently a bug on their end.  One they don't seem to be too arsed about fixing, but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I spent the coins I had on getting an all-Scottish XI to start the game with, so not much I can do with my 200 odd coins without reward packs to sell.  Did manage to pick up the TOTW Fraser card to play on the left, other than that the team is fairly obvious.  Gordon, Griffiths, Forrest, Brown, Tierney (Robertson to replace him once I get the coins), Berra, Souttar, Shinnie, Naismith.  And O'Donnell because he's a wee ride.

Bit worried that my pre-order didn't go through though.  Think I ordered it through FIFA 18, and I've got emails saying PSN took the money, but looks like I can still pre-order, as though I never did.  Hoping I don't get to Wednesday (paid for the early access) and find I've had it bumped.

I've just ordered it from that ao.com for £44, they reckon it'll be here Thursday. 

Scrap that, be Friday or Saturday 

Edited by RandomGuy.