FIFA 19

FifeArab

All the modes would be good for couch play when you've got a few people playing on the one screen, but given that the entire industry seems desperate to destroy that practice, it does seem a bit pointless.  Could have seen it be quite popular for online games, but of course they decided not to do that.  Good plan.

On 9/6/2018 at 14:40, Tartan Dave said:

See the game is released 28th or so, but if u have origin access??? You can access on 20th, I have a ps4, can i get this? I’m a bit clueless on it all

If you currently own Fifa 18 you should have the option of accessing early release, likely extra £'s though so depends how much you value an extra weeks game play before everyone else. 

Personally, I can wait.

Every year I claim I'm done and yet every year I get sucked back in. Pre-ordered last night with the 10% discount via FIFA 18 and because I had a PS Store voucher. Ended up going for the Ultimate edition purely because I won't have as much time to play it this year and I would like the additional packs to help me build up my club for SBCs etc.

Got a hold of the demo last night.  Bottom line, it's just more FIFA really.  Not a whole lot changed, and still the same problems.  In the space of the one demo game I played (Juventus vs Man City) the commentary is still absolutely dreadful (every shot is now accompanied by the guy extending the last letter, so RonaldoooOOOOOOO...every, fucking, shot), a penalty was given for me for absolutely nothing (Kompany slides in, takes the ball cleanly, and gets given), 2 penalties missed thanks to the twitchy penalty mini-game, and a whole lot of Ronaldo wanking in coverage and commentary.

Still, pre-ordered it ages ago.  I got on quite well with 18, so expect it'll be the same this time.  I'll be a FUT mug.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Got a hold of the demo last night.  Bottom line, it's just more FIFA really.  Not a whole lot changed, and still the same problems.  In the space of the one demo game I played (Juventus vs Man City) the commentary is still absolutely dreadful (every shot is now accompanied by the guy extending the last letter, so RonaldoooOOOOOOO...every, fucking, shot), a penalty was given for me for absolutely nothing (Kompany slides in, takes the ball cleanly, and gets given), 2 penalties missed thanks to the twitchy penalty mini-game, and a whole lot of Ronaldo wanking in coverage and commentary.

Still, pre-ordered it ages ago.  I got on quite well with 18, so expect it'll be the same this time.  I'll be a FUT mug.

Bizarrely i think I'm the exact opposite. Found 18 garbage and barely touched it the past three months.

Found the demo pretty enjoyable and have felt a difference. Passing feels better to me and through balls through tight spaces seem a bit harder to me which is good.

The shooting is going to take time to get used to but scored a couple of belters with the timed finishing.  Low driven is lb + rb and b on Xbox which will take some getting used to.

I floated between division 1 and 2 on ultimate team as usual last year. Spent about £30 On fifa points over the year. Not going to bother at all this year, really is a waste of money.

From the demo. Looks like pace isn't quite the be all and end all so hopefully it stays that way.  Think players like Kroos and Busquets might be a bit more useable with passing the way it is.

First touches are great too.

1 hour ago, robosaintee said:

Found the demo pretty enjoyable and have felt a difference. Passing feels better to me and through balls through tight spaces seem a bit harder to me which is good

From the demo. Looks like pace isn't quite the be all and end all so hopefully it stays that way.  Think players like Kroos and Busquets might be a bit more useable with passing the way it is.

First touches are great too.

Demo last year was the same, then all the folk playing online started crying on twitter about it, so they reverted to making it all about pace again. 

It'll be the same this year.

Finally got into the webapp late last night after EA's email system went screwy and refused to send any security codes out.  I got some pretty decent pulls from the returning player packs, going to hold on to them a little while then see what I can get for them.  Not really trying to build up a team yet, suspect I'll have nowhere near the trading nous to actually build anything decent without wasting coins.  I'll start building seriously once the game's out.

Go on WebApp, pick the option to get more Spanish players out packs, and get a raft of reward packs thanking me for returning. 

Open first pack, Gary Cahill and a bunch of shite Spaniards. 

Welcome back to Ultimate Team.