• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Blowin In the Wind

Broxburn Athletic 2018/19

Hard fought win for Broxburn this weekend against a very determined Blackburn side.  

In the end I think Broxburn just deserved to win it but 5-2 definitely flattered them.

If Blackburn can find that consistency they might just sneak into the top 5/6.  A very competitive side with a couple of really decent players.

Good to see a decent crowd at Broxburn as well.  

Another trip to Dumfriesshire on Saturday to play SoSL opposition this time.  

Hopefully a good performance for the hardy souls making the trip.  Same as Gretna will do just fine (save the last 3 minutes of normal time).

Failing that I’ll settle for being in the draw for the next round.

10k in a crowd funding page seems extremely high.
Why don't they do what other clubs have had to do working towards licence and cut there cloth accordingly so this can be met. If that means reduction in playing staff quality to secure a licence short term pain for long term gain.
I'm sure other clubs applying for a licence are in the same boat.
I may be wrong but has all the work at Broxburn so far been council funded?

Why don't they do what other clubs have had to do working towards licence and cut there cloth accordingly so this can be met. If that means reduction in playing staff quality to secure a licence short term pain for long term gain.
Crowd funding was recently used by millionaires of Kelty for CCTV following damage to their pitch.

2 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:

You are wrong - BUSC raised a shed load of money towards the cost of the redevelopment of Albyn Park and were assisted by the council, SportsScotland lottery fund and various other charities to raise the rest. 

You are wrong - BUSC raised a shed load of money towards the cost of the redevelopment of Albyn Park and were assisted by the council, SportsScotland lottery fund and various other charities to raise the rest. 
So is BUSC different from the adult team ?
If so my point stands that they have had others build the infrastructure for there benefit and now crowd fundraising .So as a club not contributing to the licence or am I wrong?. They are a good side with good players who won't come cheap

12 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:

So is BUSC different from the adult team ?
If so my point stands that they have had others build the infrastructure for there benefit and now crowd fundraising .So as a club not contributing to the licence or am I wrong?. They are a good side with good players who won't come cheap

BUSC is the overall vehicle for the community club of which Broxburn Athletic are part of.  They own and maintain the ground and the Senior club pay to use the facilities.

There are two SYFA clubs and at least two amateur clubs involved in it.  It was a community project to which the Senior club fully committed more than their fair share of resources. 

The SYFA club gets more benefit as the Senior club only use it twice a week plus home games.  The SYFA clubs have up to 600 kids a week on it.

As for the license only the Senior club are involved in raising the cash (as the SYFA clubs and amateurs involved do not need to make the improvements) and not BUSC.  

Its the model that a number of progressive clubs have or are adopting.  They were at the forefront of it along with Spartans   and Petershill.

A large number of clubs have followed suit - Bo’ness is in the process of doing something similar.

BUSC is the overall vehicle for the community club of which Broxburn Athletic are part of.  They own and maintain the ground and the Senior club pay to use the facilities.
There are two SYFA clubs and at least two amateur clubs involved in it.  It was a community project to which the Senior club fully committed more than their fair share of resources. 
The SYFA club gets more benefit as the Senior club only use it twice a week plus home games.  The SYFA clubs have up to 600 kids a week on it.
As for the license only the Senior club are involved in raising the cash (as the SYFA clubs and amateurs involved do not need to make the improvements) and not BUSC.  
Its the model that a number of progressive clubs have or are adopting.  They were at the forefront of it along with Spartans   and Petershill.
A large number of clubs have followed suit - Bo’ness is in the process of doing something similar.

Thanks for clarifying