Broxburn Athletic 2018/19

• 2 weeks later...

Hard fought win for Broxburn this weekend against a very determined Blackburn side.  

In the end I think Broxburn just deserved to win it but 5-2 definitely flattered them.

If Blackburn can find that consistency they might just sneak into the top 5/6.  A very competitive side with a couple of really decent players.

Good to see a decent crowd at Broxburn as well.  

Another trip to Dumfriesshire on Saturday to play SoSL opposition this time.  

Hopefully a good performance for the hardy souls making the trip.  Same as Gretna will do just fine (save the last 3 minutes of normal time).

Failing that I’ll settle for being in the draw for the next round.

• 4 months later...

10k in a crowd funding page seems extremely high.
Why don't they do what other clubs have had to do working towards licence and cut there cloth accordingly so this can be met. If that means reduction in playing staff quality to secure a licence short term pain for long term gain.
I'm sure other clubs applying for a licence are in the same boat.
I may be wrong but has all the work at Broxburn so far been council funded?

Why don't they do what other clubs have had to do working towards licence and cut there cloth accordingly so this can be met. If that means reduction in playing staff quality to secure a licence short term pain for long term gain.
Crowd funding was recently used by millionaires of Kelty for CCTV following damage to their pitch.

2 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:

You are wrong - BUSC raised a shed load of money towards the cost of the redevelopment of Albyn Park and were assisted by the council, SportsScotland lottery fund and various other charities to raise the rest. 

You are wrong - BUSC raised a shed load of money towards the cost of the redevelopment of Albyn Park and were assisted by the council, SportsScotland lottery fund and various other charities to raise the rest. 
So is BUSC different from the adult team ?
If so my point stands that they have had others build the infrastructure for there benefit and now crowd fundraising .So as a club not contributing to the licence or am I wrong?. They are a good side with good players who won't come cheap

12 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:

So is BUSC different from the adult team ?
If so my point stands that they have had others build the infrastructure for there benefit and now crowd fundraising .So as a club not contributing to the licence or am I wrong?. They are a good side with good players who won't come cheap

BUSC is the overall vehicle for the community club of which Broxburn Athletic are part of.  They own and maintain the ground and the Senior club pay to use the facilities.

There are two SYFA clubs and at least two amateur clubs involved in it.  It was a community project to which the Senior club fully committed more than their fair share of resources. 

The SYFA club gets more benefit as the Senior club only use it twice a week plus home games.  The SYFA clubs have up to 600 kids a week on it.

As for the license only the Senior club are involved in raising the cash (as the SYFA clubs and amateurs involved do not need to make the improvements) and not BUSC.  

Its the model that a number of progressive clubs have or are adopting.  They were at the forefront of it along with Spartans   and Petershill.

A large number of clubs have followed suit - Bo’ness is in the process of doing something similar.

BUSC is the overall vehicle for the community club of which Broxburn Athletic are part of.  They own and maintain the ground and the Senior club pay to use the facilities.
There are two SYFA clubs and at least two amateur clubs involved in it.  It was a community project to which the Senior club fully committed more than their fair share of resources. 
The SYFA club gets more benefit as the Senior club only use it twice a week plus home games.  The SYFA clubs have up to 600 kids a week on it.
As for the license only the Senior club are involved in raising the cash (as the SYFA clubs and amateurs involved do not need to make the improvements) and not BUSC.  
Its the model that a number of progressive clubs have or are adopting.  They were at the forefront of it along with Spartans   and Petershill.
A large number of clubs have followed suit - Bo’ness is in the process of doing something similar.

Thanks for clarifying

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, albynpark said:

It was surprisingly easy. I think that's down to the players attitude with an eye on the prize. They look very hungry. 

Yip - first class attitude from the start of the warm up to the end of the game.  

Wasn’t confident travelling up as St Andrews looked pretty handy at Albyn Park and with the crap weather who knew what would happen.

21 down 3 to play just needto continue with this attitude and take no one in the last three games lightly.

Strange game yesterday - Broxburn in total control for almost 80 minutes and then ended up hanging on.

Perhaps Coldstream gave them too much respect or that was the gameplan to defend until the last quarter then have a go.  Either way it almost worked.

Looking at the cup draws I think that is the last home fixture of the season unless Broxburn win Conference C.

Had a table of 11 for hospitality and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it.  First class meal and service.  Thanks to all the staff

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Strange game yesterday - Broxburn in total control for almost 80 minutes and then ended up hanging on.

Perhaps Coldstream gave them too much respect or that was the gameplan to defend until the last quarter then have a go.  Either way it almost worked.

Looking at the cup draws I think that is the last home fixture of the season unless Broxburn win Conference C.

Had a table of 11 for hospitality and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it.  First class meal and service.  Thanks to all the staff

I feel they'll be another home tie this season. I hope so anyway 

• 3 weeks later...