Broxburn Athletic 2018/19

No idea .  I just turn up for the games.  Only since they decided to move on did I take an interest.

What I will say is what has happened is sad.  

It is symptomatic of why Scottish football is still in the dark ages although we are beginning to see some light.  I've always believed in a pyramid system and we've had weak leadership from the SFA in that regard.  I would also include the amateurs in it.

There is nothing wrong with tradition, local leagues and teams you have had a long time rivalry with but when it stands in the way of progress it is not healthy.

It's like the people who like walking wanting to shun the development of the car.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Juniors over the past few years and am sure it will be the same in the new set up and teams who want to will progress.

On 09/06/2018 at 01:11, Blowin In the Wind said:

Looking forward to the new season in the seniors - tough draw away to Gretna in the cup. 

Social club outside ground has yer sky sports fitba on .

Social club inside club "the wee bar" is decent as well.

11 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Thanks guys - know where the Crematorium is so should be easy to find 

After passing the crem from the ferry road side it's on yer left hand side on the corner before right turn.

Great football surface wi grass banked views for the spectator. 

17 hours ago, HI HAT said:

Would say about Craigroyston,it's murder trying to get parked near the ground. Great playing surface though.

Yes unfortunately we have very limited parking at ground. Used to be able to park along footpath to Mcdonald road until council decided unsafe.

Hope won't put anybody coming though

22 hours ago, snowball said:

Yes unfortunately we have very limited parking at ground. Used to be able to park along footpath to Mcdonald road until council decided unsafe.

Hope won't put anybody coming though

Nae worries first league cup game is at home but will be at the league game later in the year.  Get the bus in I think and make a day of it.

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:38, Blowin In the Wind said:

No idea .  I just turn up for the games.  Only since they decided to move on did I take an interest.

What I will say is what has happened is sad.  

It is symptomatic of why Scottish football is still in the dark ages although we are beginning to see some light.  I've always believed in a pyramid system and we've had weak leadership from the SFA in that regard.  I would also include the amateurs in it.

There is nothing wrong with tradition, local leagues and teams you have had a long time rivalry with but when it stands in the way of progress it is not healthy.

It's like the people who like walking wanting to shun the development of the car.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Juniors over the past few years and am sure it will be the same in the new set up and teams who want to will progress.

Didn't you know our football leaders are icons to the Amish?

• 2 weeks later...

Some new faces arriving and some sad departures too.

Pity about not fielding an U20's side this season but fully understand the reasons.  Potentially a great youth set up which will help the senior club no end if it can be made to work.

Really getting excited for the new season to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...