East Copa del Rey 2018-19

Definitely isn't prizemoney in this cup.

Previously there was prizemoney for top 4 in the league... with the conference setup apparently only the 3 conference winners get something, as paying the top 4 in each conference would mean trifling amounts.

Most money goes on paying for club insurance and balls, subsidising defibrillators, funding ground grants, first aid/coaching courses etc.

Thanks

I don't know if there has ever been King Cup prizemoney - maybe back years ago when it was sponsored by Tennent's Special.

There are also different arrangements in the cups depending on what body runs then (mostly by EOSFA - but League Cup by EOSFL plus South Challenge Cup by its own Joint Committee). In most both finalists halve the gate, after ground rental and match official fees, but I think there is one where the organising body receive a third to cover other costs. None of the cups have entry fees, and away travel is subsidised in the South Challenge Cup.

Tranent 2-1 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic (aet, FT 1-1)

D7_X295WsAAfaUy.jpg

Tranent came back from behind to win this enthralling King Cup Final in the traditional curtain call to the East season - maybe the last time it will be contested by all EOS clubs. Over the piece I thought it was probably the right result although Bonnyrigg had chances to win the tie - and later to get themselves back into it. I also recall Hoskins or Brett striking the bar but unsure when. Tranent's winner was delightfully taken and they could have wrapped-up it as a contest given they'd penalties saved in each half of ET. Each side was reduced to 10-men during the additional 30mins... Tranent for a heavy tackle and Bonnyrigg for an alleged elbow.

Good crowd at the ever-excellent Prestonfield who saw a cracking contest.

Edited by HibeeJibee

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tranent 2-1 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic (aet, FT 1-1)

D7_X295WsAAfaUy.jpg

Tranent came back from behind to win this enthralling King Cup Final in the traditional curtain call to the East season - maybe the last time it will be contested by all EOS clubs. Over the piece I thought it was probably the right result although Bonnyrigg had chances to win the tie - and later to get themselves back into it. I also recall Hoskins or Brett striking the bar but unsure when. Tranent's winner was delightfully taken and they could have wrapped-up it as a contest given they'd penalties saved in each half of ET. Each side was reduced to 10-men during the additional 30mins... Tranent for a heavy tackle and Bonnyrigg for an alleged elbow.

Good crowd at the ever-excellent Prestonfield who saw a cracking contest.

It was Brett who hit the bar sure it was still goal less when he done so in the 2nd half if I remember rightly. The 90  minutes wern't the most entertaing for the neutral but the extra time certainly made up for it ,3 goals, 2 sendings off and two penaltys saved by the Bonnyrigg keeper.

Seen Gary Locke there with his Bonnyrigg scarf on 2nd cup final defeat for him on successive Saturday's:lol:

Did you hear of an official crowd?

Edited by cowdenbeath

10 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

First half dean hit the bar. 2nd half Tranent hit the post of a deflection.

Crowd guess 500.
Ladies day and tranent colts football competition on probably kept a few away.

Cheers just mind of him hitting the bar shows how good my memory is:lol: Aye I would say 500 or so probably similar to the crowd at Meggatland last Sunday. Imagine it may have been a wee bit more if it had been held at Nitten.

I went over with the wee yin for the last 20 minutes and got two red cards, two saved penalties, a manger sent off, a crossbar hit, an equaliser, a winner and a cup final upset. Great entertainment. From what I saw Tranent deserved it, maybe Bonnyrigg ran out of steam a little but Tranent definitely seemed hungrier.

I think I saw elsewhere that the crowd was 570.

At least I saw one entertaining game of football today.

I've just watched the highlights of the final.  Both red cards were shocking decisions. The "foul" on the keeper was a nothing challenge as Devlin(?) was rightly following in on a short passback. Moyes' alleged leading elbow was a strong but fair challenge and was actually below Black's arm, far less close to the head or neck area.

I thought that Bonnyrigg pretty much controlled the game up until the equaliser and were just trying to see the game out. Thereafter, Tranent was the better side as Bonnyrigg seemingly lost heart as well as a bit discipline. I don't think they fancied the exertions of extra time for the second time in a week. Black's substitution probably swung it in Tranent's favour. 

I've just watched the highlights of the final.  Both red cards were shocking decisions. The "foul" on the keeper was a nothing challenge as Devlin(?) was rightly following in on a short passback. Moyes' alleged leading elbow was a strong but fair challenge and was actually below Black's arm, far less close to the head or neck area.

I thought that Bonnyrigg pretty much controlled the game up until the equaliser and were just trying to see the game out. Thereafter, Tranent was the better side as Bonnyrigg seemingly lost heart as well as a bit discipline. I don't think they fancied the exertions of extra time for the second time in a week. Black's substitution probably swung it in Tranent's favour. 

The Moyes challenge happened right in front of me, in fairness to Black he said to both the ref and linesman they were making the wrong decision.

It sure was a tough match the Tranent boys in the Bonnyrigg team were sure subject to some over exuberant tackles. The red cards were poor. Goodness knows how many players were booked over the 120 minutes.

Does anybody know if referees get disciplined for poor performance So?

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It may have been a soft second yellow but the Tranent boy didn't go for the ball and just took the keeper out. As for the red, no idea what the referee thought he saw, surely would be overturned on appeal.

The Bonnyrigg goal disallowed at 14:19 for offside though... :unsure2:

bjbiuygui.JPG

Think that’s a fair assessment.

Deserved winners for me. Bonnyrigg controlled the game to start with but Tranent could have won by 2 or 3 with the penalties missed.

Fair summary  of the game. The youthfulness of the Tranent team told in the end and the ex-Bonnyrigg player Dean Whitson would of edged it for me as Man of the Match.  But that is only my opinion on a glorious day to watch football in an exceptional venue.

Young ciaran and dean were both excellent. Hard to chose between the 2

30 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It may have been a soft second yellow but the Tranent boy didn't go for the ball and just took the keeper out. As for the red, no idea what the referee thought he saw, surely would be overturned on appeal.

The Bonnyrigg goal disallowed at 14:19 for offside though... :unsure2:

bjbiuygui.JPG

I hadn't picked that up as controversial at the time as there was no protest, but as you say it was another shocker from the officials.

I hadn't picked that up as controversial at the time as there was no protest, but as you say it was another shocker from the officials.

Same with dean whitson being offside 1 on 1 with the keeper. I thought that was tight. Just looked at the highlights there.
Don’t think devlin was a 2nd booking. Clearly going for the ball and had no malice in the tackle on the keeper. Had his back turned in the end. Also don’t think the red card for Bonnyrigg was right either but hard to see from the video footage. Didn’t think it was a red at the time. Think the ref evened it up a bit