• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
HibeeJibee

East Copa del Rey 2018-19

Looks like there will be a bit of a wait for Bonnyrigg's section of the draw, they don't have a free Saturday until 11th May - lots of cup football for them to fit in during May!

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Looks like there will be a bit of a wait for Bonnyrigg's section of the draw, they don't have a free Saturday until 11th May - lots of cup football for them to fit in during May!

Perfect , they can wheel out the usual fixture congestion excuses when they do their usual bottle jobs. :)

I'll not lie, I'd have wanted something kinder than away at Penicuik. It'll be a game.

Potentially interesting tie in LTHV v Camelon, with the Mariners looking for revenge for being knocked out of... yon other cup on penalties.

Third Round
Tranent/Hill of Beath v Broxburn/Coldstream
Oakley United v Ormiston
Penicuik Athletic v Linlithgow Rose
Easthouses/Hawick/Sauchie v Newtongrange Star
Crossgates Primrose v Arniston Rangers
Heriot-Watt University v Bo'ness United
Bonnyrigg/Edinburgh Utd v Jeanfield
LTHV/Musselburgh v Camelon

Fourth Round
LTHV/Musselburgh/Camelon v Penicuik/Linlithgow
Easthouses/Hawick/Sauchie/Newtongrange v Tranent/Hill of Beath/Broxburn/Coldstream :wacko:
Bonnyrigg/Edinburgh Utd/Jeanfield v Heriot-Watt Uni/Bo'ness
Oakley/Ormiston v Crossgates/Arniston

Favourable for Oakley / Ormiston / Crossgates / Arniston: one guaranteed to make SF.

Otherwise every QF could see big match-ups.

This cup is the last chance for a Bo'ness-Linlithgow derby.

Hawick 0-4 Sauchie

Broxburn 2-1 Coldstream
Tranent 1-0 Hill of Beath

Crossgates 3-0 Arniston
Musselburgh 3-2 Camelon (aet, FT 2-2)
Oakley 0-1 Ormiston
Heriot-Watt Uni 1-4 Bo'ness

Coldstream ran Broxburn very close while only 2 late goals put Bo'ness out of sight at Heriot-Watt University. Musselburgh and Camelon required an extra 30 mins to separate them whilst a good away win for Ormiston put them into QFs where they'll host Crossgates.

That leaves the remainder of the competition looking like this:

Second Round
Easthouses Lily v Sauchie (Sat 13 Apr)
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Edinburgh United (Wed 24 Apr)

Third Round
Tranent v Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic v Linlithgow Rose
Easthouses/Sauchie v Newtongrange Star
Bonnyrigg/Edinburgh Utd v Jeanfield

Fourth Round
Musselburgh Athletic v Penicuik/Linlithgow
Easthouses/Sauchie/Newtongrange v Tranent/Broxburn
Bonnyrigg/Edinburgh Utd/Jeanfield v Bo'ness United
Ormiston v Crossgates Primrose

I took in Musselburgh - Camelon game yesterday and it was well worth it.

Mussey were largely outplayed by a better organised Camelon side with Anderson and the number 9 (Alan ?) both standouts.

Musselburgh got back in the game with a soft looking penalty and then a cracking goal from King who cushioned a header out wide and made his way into the box to bullet a header in to the corner.

The ref never looked in control of the game often reacting to what players and coaches were saying rather than what went on in front of him. Musselburgh took the lead and then The ref subbed himself after 1 to many mistakes with I believe a club official taking over on the stand side. I don't know what the rules are about this but I thought when there was no linesman a committee member just flags when the ball goes out of play? This guy seem to think that he was running the line and gave a few controversial looking decisions so it was no wonder the Camelon players we're going daft at the end! I've no idea what Matty King was sent off for though?

3 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

I took in Musselburgh - Camelon game yesterday and it was well worth it.

Mussey were largely outplayed by a better organised Camelon side with Anderson and the number 9 (Alan ?) both standouts.

Musselburgh got back in the game with a soft looking penalty and then a cracking goal from King who cushioned a header out wide and made his way into the box to bullet a header in to the corner.

The ref never looked in control of the game often reacting to what players and coaches were saying rather than what went on in front of him. Musselburgh took the lead and then The ref subbed himself after 1 to many mistakes with I believe a club official taking over on the stand side. I don't know what the rules are about this but I thought when there was no linesman a committee member just flags when the ball goes out of play? This guy seem to think that he was running the line and gave a few controversial looking decisions so it was no wonder the Camelon players we're going daft at the end! I've no idea what Matty King was sent off for though?

Alan docherty. I wasn't at the game but heard their was a goal disallowed what was that like?

Alan docherty. I wasn't at the game but heard their was a goal disallowed what was that like?
Camelon should have scored on a few occasions and were wasteful of their chances. The not a linesman flagged for something which looked incorrect and probably biased and to be honest I was too riled with the injustice to notice if the ball went in or not. I really thought that in the absence of linesman that committee men just flagged for throw ins and nothing else. Meanwhile on the dug out side their was a functioning linesman it just seemed totally unfair

Just now, calmac25 said:
27 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon should have scored on a few occasions and were wasteful of their chances. The not a linesman flagged for something which looked incorrect and probably biased and to be honest I was too riled with the injustice to notice if the ball went in or not. I really thought that in the absence of linesman that committee men just flagged for throw ins and nothing else. Meanwhile on the dug out side their was a functioning linesman it just seemed totally unfair

They are only permitted to flag for the ball going out.

The referee to blame if he let him do anything else.  Very strange.

They are only permitted to flag for the ball going out.
The referee to blame if he let him do anything else.  Very strange.
Thanks for clearing that up, the referee at that point had been one of the linesman but you would think would still no the rules. He's quite an experienced guy as I've seen him as a lino at plenty games before

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Hawick 0-4 Sauchie

Broxburn 2-1 Coldstream
Tranent 1-0 Hill of Beath

Crossgates 3-0 Arniston
Musselburgh 3-2 Camelon (aet, FT 2-2)
Oakley 0-1 Ormiston
Heriot-Watt Uni 1-4 Bo'ness

Coldstream ran Broxburn very close

Was at this game and Coldstream offered nothing until Broxburn went 2-0 up late on.  After that they were like a different team.  Got back into it from the rebound of a wonder strike which hit the bar.  Then the Broxburn keeper pushed two late efforts onto the woodwork which would have forced extra time. Having seen the way the last 10 minutes or so went, they would have fancied their chances in ET of pulling off a cup shock.

Musselburgh v Camelon had assistant referees. Do you mean the referee swapped places with his assistant or withdrew entirely? If an official is badly injured / otherwise unable to go on they can find a replacement on the spot - to flag throws or to officiate fully - providing they believe they're suitable (IIRC). At least that's how it used to work.

Some years ago at a Berwick v Morton game the ref pulled-up, an assistant took-over, an appeal went over the tannoy and a retired official came from the Ducket and ran the line. He was given a jumper to cover his Morton shirt...

Musselburgh v Camelon had assistant referees. Do you mean the referee swapped places with his assistant or withdrew entirely? If an official is badly injured / otherwise unable to go on they can find a replacement on the spot - to flag throws or to officiate fully - providing they believe they're suitable (IIRC). At least that's how it used to work.

Some years ago at a Berwick v Morton game the ref pulled-up, an assistant took-over, an appeal went over the tannoy and a retired official came from the Ducket and ran the line. He was given a jumper to cover his Morton shirt...
The ref withdrew entirely so a guy was called over from the clubhouse and ran past the enclosure waving his flag and geeing up the fans!

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:39, calmac25 said:
On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:26, HibeeJibee said:

The ref withdrew entirely so a guy was called over from the clubhouse and ran past the enclosure waving his flag and geeing up the fans!

Great to see officials so motivated, IMO.

Friday night football tonight with Easthouses v Sauchie.

Schedule:

Wednesday 24th April
Second Round

Bonnyrigg v Edinburgh Utd

Saturday 4th May
Third Round

Penicuik v Linlithgow
Sauchie v Newtongrange

Saturday 11th May
Third Round

Bonnyrigg/Edinburgh Utd v Jeanfield       (Wed 15th May if Bonnyrigg and/or Jeanfield in LC Final)
Tranent v Broxburn                                              (Wed 15th May if Tranent in LC Final)
Fourth Round
Ormiston v Crossgates

Saturday 18th May
Fourth Round

Bonnyrigg/Edinburgh Utd/Jeanfield v Bo'ness       (Wed 22nd May if Bonnyrigg in EQC Final on this date)
Sauchie/Newtongrange v Tranent/Broxburn
Musselburgh v Penicuik/Linlithgow

Friday 24th May
Semi-Finals
       (1 tie Wed 29th May if involves Bonnyrigg)

Saturday 1st June
Final

Edited by HibeeJibee