EoS Conference B chat 2018-19

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Everyone else forms a regionalised tier 7 alongside future applicants to the EOS.

No discussions about tier 7 for 2019-20 that I'm aware.  I wouldn't want regionalisation to be honest, I don't think there's any need as it currently stands and if the remaining clubs in the Juniors moved over, any tier 7 regionalised league covering West Lothian would probably consist mostly of West Lothian clubs, which doesn't stir the blood really.  I think there's plenty of scope for a region wide tier 7 league with Regionalisation at tier 8 (same as the Junior structure really, tier 6 = Superleague, tier 7 = Premierleague, tier 8 = District Leagues)

16 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

No discussions about tier 7 for 2019-20 that I'm aware.  I wouldn't want regionalisation to be honest, I don't think there's any need as it currently stands and if the remaining clubs in the Juniors moved over, any tier 7 regionalised league covering West Lothian would probably consist mostly of West Lothian clubs, which doesn't stir the blood really.  I think there's plenty of scope for a region wide tier 7 league with Regionalisation at tier 8 (same as the Junior structure really, tier 6 = Superleague, tier 7 = Premierleague, tier 8 = District Leagues)

I'd imagine rationalisation at tier 7 is going to be the simplest solution. It'll also be pretty easy to make it a region wide league longer term once things have settled.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'd imagine rationalisation at tier 7 is going to be the simplest solution. It'll also be pretty easy to make it a region wide league longer term once things have settled.

It could be the most difficult depending on new entrants and how to balance the leagues.  16 team EoS "Premier", 16 team EoS "First" and so on is the simplest. Once it settles down and if there is demand for it, then look at regionalisation at the lowest level.

Assuming Tayside wont ever fall into the EoS area, then Regionalisation isn't really necessary, most games will be fairly straightforward distance wise.

Edited by Burnie_man

There are 20 East Juniors left south of the Tay. It's likely that a lot of them, if not all, will move across next season. If all 20 move, there are 59 EOS clubs (obviously it can slightly differ through promotion/relegation with the LL). A 16 team EOS Premier & a 16 team EOS First division with 2 regional divisions of 13 and 14 underneath seems the easiest solution to me. The bottom tier can be filled up to 2x16 if any amateurs or new clubs move over.

Edited by Marten

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It could be the most difficult depending on new entrants and how to balance the leagues.  16 team EoS "Premier", 16 team EoS "First" and so on is the simplest. Once it settles down and if there is demand for it, then look at regionalisation at the lowest level.

Assuming Tayside wont ever fall into the EoS area, then Regionalisation isn't really necessary, most games will be fairly straightforward distance wise.

So far no one's mentioned Top 10 for EoS First and that because with only 23 current members likely to make up tier 7 they're likely approaching it with idea of rationalisation in mind for 2019-20.

Chances are in 2019-20 whatever's there will be regionalised, whether that's 2x or 3x conferences will depend on applicants.

What that leads to in 2020-21 who knows.

In qualifying it is often the best x place team. Simple.

If 1 team is required then team 6 with most points.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Would make sense. You can have a 6th placed team who’s missed out on GD and two who are 10 points off 5th.

I think I’ll try and get to a Haddington game at some point this season if I’m staying at my parent’s for a weekend. Only been once before but would be keen to take in a game or two in the pyramid. Tynecastle away would also be very handy for me.

Tranent won't be pushovers with there new signings Robert berry and Chris ingles alongside Ian black who now can play

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Chris gray also. 4 local lads. Ingles and Berry leaving haddington could be hard from them to replace. Will be hard to get top 5 but apart from Bonnyrigg I think the other 4 places could be anyone’s.

Chris gray also. 4 local lads. Ingles and Berry leaving haddington could be hard from them to replace. Will be hard to get top 5 but apart from Bonnyrigg I think the other 4 places could be anyone’s.
Getting Brian Johnson in to help good way to get boys in aswell was big part in the getting the 2 haddy boys