EoS Conference B chat 2018-19

5 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Yeah it meant promotion, which 9 teams can still achieve.

Sorry i meant finishing between 2nd - 5th has the same outcome whether you are 2nd or 5th

Next Season premier league will be a great league for all those involved 

Conference B

Bo'ness United v. Tranent Juniors
Bonnyrigg Rose v. Eyemouth United
Burntisland Shipyard v. Lothian Thistle HV
Crossgates Primrose v. Dalkeith Thistle
Dundonald Bluebell v. Tynecastle
Haddington Athletic v. Sauchie Juniors

image.png.ebcc708de9cad8ba96a6888b92973fcd.png

A full card for the last time in Conference B. Crossgates v. Dalkeith and Haddington v. Sauchie being the games of most importance. If the results go their way Crossgates could shore up their surprise season with a spot in the EoS Premier.

Then champions Bonnyrigg and bottom Eyemouth finish their contrasting seasons against each other.

Conference B

Bo'ness United 4-1 Tranent Juniors
Bonnyrigg Rose 9-0 Eyemouth United
Burntisland Shipyard 1-5 Lothian Thistle HV
Crossgates Primrose 2-0 Dalkeith Thistle
Dundonald Bluebell 5-1 Tynecastle
Haddington Athletic 2-3 Sauchie Juniors

image.png.403dac0e21035db39f58ff85034cc44c.png

Crossgates have secured their spot in the EoS Premier as they will finish no worse than best 6th place side. Dalkeith are the last side in the EoS that could still make the EoS Premier that are outwith a Top 6 place. But with Bo'ness to face twice it seems like it will be too much for them.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

If Cove get promoted and there is no promotion of the EoS champion due to licensing issues but Whitehill Welfare still get relegated due to Berwick or Albion Rovers arriving, and a non-EoS Premier eligible applicant other than Whitehill Welfare is accepted by the LL for the Selkirk vacancy no sixth placed teams are needed. Highly unlikely to happen but technically possible.

You have to say that the biggest story this season has been the transformation in Crossgates Primrose, what an achievement for them in the toughest Conference.

People forget, but in season 2014-15 they finished rock bottom of the East Junior South division with only 1 win and 7 points. The following season they had withdrawn from the league by Christmas with suggestions that was the end for them, but they came back for 2016-17 and have steadily improved since them to where they are now. What a turnaround.

You have to say that the biggest story this season has been the transformation in Crossgates Primrose, what an achievement for them in the toughest Conference.
People forget, but in season 2014-15 they finished rock bottom of the East Junior South division with only 1 win and 7 points. The following season they had withdrawn from the league by Christmas with suggestions that was the end for them, but they came back for 2016-17 and have steadily improved since them to where they are now. What a turnaround.

Totally agree. Great story and hope they continue to improve.

Thank f**k it’s over, what an absolute b*****d of a season 

I’m gutted I couldn’t make the game away to Eyemouth. Would’ve been nice to have had a blether, even though people tell me you’re a c**t, really disappointing in-person, and look like you’ve definitely been in jail for something.

21 hours ago, Marten said:
21 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Next season should be much better for you with the strongest teams gone. I bet you'll be happy to see the back of them...

It will be better obviously and not just Eyemouth will be happy. 

21 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
21 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

The main thing is they lasted the season. Next one will be better.

Hats off to them for turning out each/most weeks knowing you’re getting a severe pumping 

20 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Hopefully I get my trip to Eyemouth next season heed emoji106.png

I don’t want to see a premier club anywhere near the place again tbh :lol:

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I’m gutted I couldn’t make the game away to Eyemouth. Would’ve been nice to have had a blether, even though people tell me you’re a c**t, really disappointing in-person, and look like you’ve definitely been in jail for something.

Can’t argue with that, which is worrying :P