EoS Conference B chat 2018-19

And next season the EOS Premier will be bringing all the best teams together. Should be an exciting year, even if most of the teams are used to playing in the same league from the East Juniors. 

Edited by lowenan

Conference B

Dunipace v. Dundonald Bluebell
Eyemouth United v. Haddington Athletic
Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v. Tranent Juniors
Sauchie Juniors v. Burntisland Shipyard

image.png.aeac4383fdb2cb45b130538ec294f576.png

LTHV v. Tranent looks to be the game of the day. LTHV will still aspire to be in next season's EoS Premier and a loss here could well consign them to the EoS First as rivals Haddington and Sauchie look good for wins today.

Conference B

Dunipace 1-3 Dundonald Bluebell
Eyemouth United 1-11 Haddington Athletic
Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale 2-1 Tranent Juniors
Sauchie Juniors 5-2 Burntisland Shipyard

image.png.498525744c05543bacd648ae9ae35925.png

The battle for the last couple of spots in the EoS Premier has heated up with Sauchie, LTHV and Haddington all winning. Sauchie rise to 6th, Haddington have the best goal difference out of the chasing pack and LTHV will be happy to still be in contention.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:49, Jambo'ness said:

Whoever you support, I think we must all agree that Conference B has been the most interesting of the three.  Okay, Bonnyrigg had it sewn up early but for there still to be five teams chasing one guaranteed spot says a lot.  As said earlier, the likelihood of the sixth placed team making it too is adding to the end of season excitement.

If Carlsberg did end-of-season run-ins...

Tranent's stuttering March also leaves them work-to-do. In the last couple of weeks Bo'ness and Burntisland could become effective kingmakers, too:

Tranent             38pts     5 games left
Crossgates      34pts     4 games left
==========================
Sauchie              33pts     3 games left
--------------------------------------------
Dalkeith            32pts     3 games left
Haddington     30pts     3 games left
LTHV                   30pts     4 games left

Tuesday 9th April
Sauchie v Dunipace

Wednesday 10th April
Bonnyrigg v LTHV

Saturday 13th April
Haddington v Crossgates
Tranent v LTHV

Tuesday 16th April
Bo'ness v Crossgates
Tranent v Tynecastle

Saturday 20th April
Bo'ness v Tranent
Burntisland v LTHV
Crossgates v Dalkeith
Haddington v Sauchie

Tuesday 23rd April
Bo'ness v Dalkeith

Saturday 27th April
Burntisland v Tranent
Crossgates
v Haddington
Dalkeith v Bo'ness
LTHV v Sauchie

This year's eos has been financially beneficial for pretty much every team. Most have seen regular crowd sizes grow as opposed to one off fixtures im pretty sure. I'm not sure the Premier league will make any of the clubs that moved over more 'financially secure' as every club will most likely be working within the confines of a budget regardless of income... I certainly haven't heard much about a fall in income since the move. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

This year's eos has been financially beneficial for pretty much every team. Most have seen regular crowd sizes grow as opposed to one off fixtures in pretty sure. I'm not sure the Premier league will make any of the clubs that moved over more financially secure.... Certain ly haven't heard much about a fall in income since the move. 

Certainly Camelon look pretty happy with it

This year's eos has been financially beneficial for pretty much every team. Most have seen regular crowd sizes grow as opposed to one off fixtures im pretty sure. I'm not sure the Premier league will make any of the clubs that moved over more 'financially secure' as every club will most likely be working within the confines of a budget regardless of income... I certainly haven't heard much about a fall in income since the move. 
I don't think Sauchie would agree with this Screenshot_20190409-222949_Twitter.jpg

19 minutes ago, guinness said:

I don't think Sauchie would agree with this Screenshot_20190409-222949_Twitter.jpg

Sauchie have been moaning all year about the EOS and yet no one forced them to move leagues.

Its clear they would be happier back in the backwaters of the Juniors.

Sauchie have been moaning all year about the EOS and yet no one forced them to move leagues.

Its clear they would be happier back in the backwaters of the Juniors.

I'm not to sure I've not been for a few years. I know the manager was saying in the local paper that Ian Black was on more than his whole squad[emoji848][emoji5]. Plus they are still wearing the same strips from the previous season[emoji3]

55 minutes ago, buboy said:
1 hour ago, guinness said:
I don't think Sauchie would agree with this Screenshot_20190409-222949_Twitter.thumb.jpg.c281be6c551bc7f24a26a0028455e9b9.jpg

Don't think boness would agree either .

Yep the stand isnt full in the picture, although if there were other pictures we would see that there were fans based all around the park last night. It was also a Tuesday night to be fair. Enjoyed my night, the game was very much a ding dong battle by the end.....

As I said, I haven't heard anyone specifically suggest they have experienced an exceptional downturn this season. Most have publicly stated they have been happy with their season. Not everyone will say that though, i get that. 

Next seasons leagues will be really interesting. Both the premier league and conferences/divisions (hopefully conferences under the Premier league) will be very competitive and should bring some old and new rivalries to the fore, looking forward to it already to be honest. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

I don't think Sauchie would agree with this

Sauchie's average attendances at the start of this month was 118, this was their final home game and it got 132 against the third-bottom side in midweek. Wonder what those figures were last season?