EoS Conference B chat 2018-19

Top 4 will be Bonnyrigg, LTHV, Boness and Dundonald

I think Tranent, Haddington and Sauchie will contest for 5th spot, not seen much of Tynecastle so not sure if they have enough to finish above a Tranent who seem to have made a raft of signings. 

Very hard league but my top 5 are 

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic  (EJS - 1) - Midlothian

Tranent Juniors  (EJP - 8.)- East Lothian

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale  (EoS - 2) - Edinburgh 

Bo'ness Utd  (EJS - 8.) - Falkirk 

Tynecastle  (EoS - 5) - Edinburgh 

Anyone who underestimates Lothian Thistle HV or Tynecastle will be punished. The winners for me will come from LTHV or Bonnyrigg, however it won’t be who loses a single game this season, looks much more competitive throughout the league with Bo’ness and others likely to take points off teams. Going to be one or two disappointed teams at the end of the season given the strength of this conference! 

5 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

What do teams get for making top 5? 

See a lot of people post their top 5?

EoSFL looks the most exciting non-league in Scotland.

The West should absolutely replicate this.

The expectation is that top 5 in each conference will make up the tier 6 EoS Premier in 2019-20.

Anything lower will more than likely see a club in a tier 7 league for 2019-20.

18 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Top 5s in each conference to form new Premier Division. Obviously it'd be 16 not 15 but the exact number of slots would vary depending who went up/down e.g. this season Kelty up/Hawick down would mean no difference and 1 space left for a 6th-place finisher, whereas last season Edusport up/Preston down would've filled the last space.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Top 5 from each form the EOS top division for season 19-20. I assume the best 6th place team joins to make a top division of 16. Everyone else forms a regionalised tier 7 alongside future applicants to the EOS.

Also the top team from each conference go into a playoff for the EOS title.

image.png.69aea9fdb386d227e9b361c459ae782e.png

Scenario One seems the least likely to happen. In which case at least one 6th placed side will be required to make up the numbers for the 2019-20 EoS Premier. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with as no one will know what's happening until very late in the season.  

Your "Scenario One" looks very unlikely.

Could only happen if:
* EOSL champion wasn't licensed and SOSL champion was (or both were but SOSL champion won playoff...!)
and

* Highland League champion won promotion and 10th in SPFL2 was a club south of the Tay
and

* both 15th and 16th in Lowland League were east of the salt & sauce line

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Your "Scenario One" looks very unlikely.

Could only happen if:
* EOSL champion wasn't licensed and SOSL champion was (or both were but SOSL champion won playoff...!)
* Highland League champion won promotion and 10th in SPFL2 was a club south of the Tay
* both 15th and 16th in Lowland League were east of the salt & sauce line

Penicuik or Bonnyrigg win the EoS but don't get their licence sorted in time, Threave win again?

Cove gain revenge on Cowdenbeath or one of the 8/10 clubs in LL territory?

11, 12, 13, and 15th in the LL last year were east clubs.

Close to happening last year :P

5 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Anyone who underestimates Lothian Thistle HV or Tynecastle will be punished. The winners for me will come from LTHV or Bonnyrigg, however it won’t be who loses a single game this season, looks much more competitive throughout the league with Bo’ness and others likely to take points off teams. Going to be one or two disappointed teams at the end of the season given the strength of this conference! 

Depends on how strong LTHV are this season, I may be wrong but I think they have lost a few of their better players. It’s however fair to say they have an obvious conveyor belt of talent coming through their system which is the benchmark for any senior club.

39 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Penicuik or Bonnyrigg win the EoS but don't get their licence sorted in time, Threave win again?

Cove gain revenge on Cowdenbeath or one of the 8/10 clubs in LL territory?

11, 12, 13, and 15th in the LL last year were east clubs.

Close to happening last year :P

Vale of Leithen were 1pt, 7 goals, or a successful protest away from none of it happening!

8 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.69aea9fdb386d227e9b361c459ae782e.png

Scenario One seems the least likely to happen. In which case at least one 6th placed side will be required to make up the numbers for the 2019-20 EoS Premier. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with as no one will know what's happening until very late in the season.  

Scenario one is the only one where finishing fifth in 18/19 isn’t enough to secure a place in the EOS Premier 19/20. Only two of the fifth places would make it. In scenario six, two sixth placed sides from 18/19 would make it.

35 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Scenario one is the only one where finishing fifth in 18/19 isn’t enough to secure a place in the EOS Premier 19/20. Only two of the fifth places would make it. In scenario six, two sixth placed sides from 18/19 would make it.

Scenario 1 - 17 team league and then the next year fix it at the relegation end

When the EOS finishes, the numbers 6 should just play a round robin. Of those, 0, 1 or 2 will be in the LL depending on the EOS/SOS and LL/HL/SPFL play-offs. It's very unlikely scenario 1 will happen, but if you want to be entirely sure you don't end up with 17 the numbers 5 can also be in a round robin if the bottom 2 LL teams are both East teams & the bottom SPFL2 team is a LL team.

Edited by Marten

20 minutes ago, Marten said:

When the EOS finishes, the numbers 6 should just play a round robin. Of those, 0, 1 or 2 will be in the LL depending on the EOS/SOS and LL/HL/SPFL play-offs. It's very unlikely scenario 1 will happen, but if you want to be entirely sure you don't end up with 17 the numbers 5 can also be in a round robin if the bottom 2 LL teams are both East teams & the bottom SPFL2 team is a LL team.

I'd just use the overall Championship playoff to backfill any spots instead of a potentially unnecessary playoffs for 6th placed teams.

EoS Champion is from Conference A = 6th in Conference A is team 16

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'd just use the overall Championship playoff to backfill any spots instead of a potentially unnecessary playoffs for 6th placed teams.

EoS Champion is from Conference A = 6th in Conference A is team 16

I don't really like that idea tbh, that's a bit unfair on the other 6th placed teams. I think it's easier to just let the 6th placed teams play each other and fill any extra spots that way.

54 minutes ago, Marten said:

I don't really like that idea tbh, that's a bit unfair on the other 6th placed teams. I think it's easier to just let the 6th placed teams play each other and fill any extra spots that way.

I don't mind the idea of 6th placed playoff. It's a timing issue I suppose.

Play them at the same time as the Championship playoff they potentially become redundant due to the promotion playoffs.

Wait until you know what you're playing for & there's a couple of weeks sat around twiddling thumbs just in case you're needed.