EoS Conference B chat 2018-19

Conference B

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale  (EoS - 2) - Edinburgh image.png.77128dd5200f9102555d94cab9279d5e.png

Tynecastle  (EoS - 5) - Edinburgh image.png.df196bec0b3670d1ff926e15a5aa7b15.png

Burntisland Shipyard  (EoS - 8.) - Fife

Eyemouth Utd  (EoS - 11) - Scottish Borders

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic  (EJS - 1) - Midlothian

Dundonald Bluebell  (EJS - 4) - Fife

Bo'ness Utd  (EJS - 8.) - Falkirk image.png.c6da1a7cfd5fd72943f16221de6315c5.png

Sauchie Juniors  (EJS - 13)  - Clackmannanshire image.png.c6da1a7cfd5fd72943f16221de6315c5.png

Haddington Athletic  (EJP - 3) - East Lothian

Tranent Juniors  (EJP - 8.)- East Lothian

Dalkeith Thistle  (EJP - 14) - Midlothian image.png.f77d72f635fe994086490cc054e540e0.png

Crossgates Primrose  (EJSo - 11) - Fife

Dunipace  (WJC2 - 11) - Falkirk image.png.c6da1a7cfd5fd72943f16221de6315c5.png

image.png.bb72048d935d660efe4c37f97292d873.png  = Floodlights.

?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F871662%2Fimage_5b19b2b629144.jpg&w=820&t=fit&q=85

This is the strongest Conference on paper with Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic being the firm favourites imo.  I suppose that Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale will also be therabouts for the B Conference championship dependent on whether their squad has been weakened over the Summer. Also in the running for a Premier Division 2019/20 place should be Dundonald Bluebell, Bo'ness Utd, Sauchie Juniors and Haddington Athletic. But what about Tynecastle at their new ground and the strengthened Tranent Juniors?

It looks a great group and is hard to pick a top 5.

Edited by Pyramidic

It's definitely looking like the most competitive conference at the top. Linlithgow, Bo'ness, LTHV and Bonnyrigg would be the teams to avoid so getting 3/4 in one group is tough as well as Dundonald.

I think it will be a good league though and teams fighting to get in the top 4 or 5 will keep it interesting. Hopefully Bonnyrigg start well and can come out on top. Looking forward to Burntisland and Eyemouth for a day out and a good chippy! Playing Tynecastle at Meggetland and most games being within 30-40 minutes drive

Season tickets reduced to £60 so works out at £5 per game. Good to hear that the licence application will be in as soon as the embargo is stopped.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Kernovian said:

My top 5 for the Premier Division 2019/20 are:

1. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
2. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
3. Dundonald Bluebell
4. Tynecastle
5. Bo'ness Utd

I was kind of thinking that but in no particular order.  Certainly, if LTHV couldn't stop Kelty last year, I can't see them being ahead of Bonnyrigg.

Most definitely not taking anything for granted though.  A very tough league and Bo'ness will have to be out of the blocks early this year to avoid disappointment.

League only drawn 2 days ago and already I have pals from work saying they want to see their locals up against Bo'ness.  One a guy who does not normally go to any game and another who regularly attends his SFL side's matches.

Evidence enough to me that the interest in this League is growing all the time.

Iain Diack is the new Sauchie manager.

18 hours ago, Kernovian said:

My top 5 for the Premier Division 2019/20 are:

1. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
2. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
3. Dundonald Bluebell
4. Tynecastle
5. Bo'ness Utd

Bonnyrigg last season were a strong side who deservedly won the title.       Lothian Thistle we played in friendlies twice last season.   First game we were a weak side and were well beat. Second game we played a stronger team and although it ended a draw I reckon we should have won.     The BU's beat Dundonald twice in April 2018 and Dundonald to be honest looked a shadow of the side that the BU's played  much earlier in the season.    Tynecastle are a mystery to me.  They had a mixed bag of results last season but if the BU's get the right players in over the next few weeks a top 3 finish is achievable.  Mon the BU's !!!

Lothian get a lead , they shut up shop against good teams and very difficult to break down , them or Bonnyrigg for title , tyncastle a decent outfit who will hold their own in league top 5 is a lottery so gotta hit the ground running

10 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Lothian get a lead , they shut up shop against good teams and very difficult to break down , them or Bonnyrigg for title , tyncastle a decent outfit who will hold their own in league top 5 is a lottery so gotta hit the ground running

This.  Clubs should forget where their opponents were last season.  No game will be easy, especially at the start of the season.

Going to be interesting to see how it pans out. Dunipace have been busy signing players in the last few weeks, so look for an improvement there. It may be that with the East of Scotland League being a more attractive place to be, that some of last season's sides might find it easier to attract players.