EoS Conference A chat 2018-19

Conference A

Hawick Royal Albert 0-7 Penicuik Athletic

image.png.db511c1dc03138f5fafe5e2ac9740938.png

Penicuik go back to the top of the table. They have also cancelled out the GD advantage that Hill of Beath had over them as they are now both on +71.

Wednesday 10th April

Coldsteam v. Penicuik Athletic

Saturday 13th April

Peebles Rovers v. Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Sunday 14th April

Tweedmouth Rangers v. Penicuik Athletic

Tuesday 16th April

Newtongrange Star v. Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Saturday 20th April

Easthouses Lily v. Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Penicuik Athletic v. Musselburgh Athletic

25 minutes ago, marcelo said:

Massive win last night for Penicuik after saturdays draw and as you guys said wipes out the goal difference they had which it may well come down to 

Hawick had no goalkeeper for the game a couple days ago which is a pity maybe wouldn't have had much baring on the score mind you.

1 hour ago, Hertz1874 said:

Hawick had no goalkeeper for the game a couple days ago which is a pity maybe wouldn't have had much baring on the score mind you.

why did you not volunteer, you like touting yourself about the teams in need of help?

4 minutes ago, Mystery Jet said:

why did you not volunteer, you like touting yourself about the teams in need of help?

I was advised they didn't have one. But I am signed elsewhere. I am of the illusion that I'd need to have been signed by a certain date also? 

14 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

I was advised they didn't have one. But I am signed elsewhere. I am of the illusion that I'd need to have been signed by a certain date also? 

I think, as with a lot of things, March 31st may have been the end date for player registrations this season.

17 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Waterlogged pitch according to Newtongrange twitter.

They say it was a waterlogged pitch but there wasnt that much rain yesterday amateur games still survived, nittens pitch rarely gets waterlogged..... Rumours they were just saying this and the real reason was down to some sort of floodflight failures :shutup

Edited by Krul and The Gang

Conference A

Oakley United v. Coldstream
Peebles Rovers v. Easthouses Lily Miners Welfare

image.png.4c9eae93c94d387a2bab2025ba714d4b.png

With Leith having finished their Conference schedule last week, Coldstream know exactly what they have to do to make at least 6th. Today's game against Oakley is their easiest on paper opponent. If they can't get the win here all their games in hand might count for naught.

Easthouses still have a chance at 6th placed but need to win their last two games and dramatically improve their goal difference. As their last game of the Conference season will be against Hill of Beath it's already looks like an impossible task. But they can't afford to look that far ahead as in the reverse fixture of today's game they lost 1-4 to Peebles.

Conference A

Oakley United 3-2 Coldstream
Peebles Rovers 2-1 Easthouses Lily Miners Welfare

image.png.b533d3e414d5d7ed1480268da96865bd.png

The big winners today = Leith Athletic!

Coldstream are the only team that can catch them in 6th now but to do it they got to get 8 or more points from: v. Penicuik, @ Newtongrange, @ Musselburgh and @ Peebles. 

3 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Mostly, but also Heriot-Watt.

Much like I don't expect Coldstream to get enough points, I don't see Heriot-Watt winning their last two games. They've got Edinburgh Utd and Camelon to play. While not impossible the students have been very hit an miss.

I think it's almost inconceivable that none of Sauchie (33pts), Dalkeith (32pts), Haddington (30pts) or LTHV (30pts) will reach 35pts... or indeed 34pts with GD above -10. There are numerous head-to-heads left and some other eminently winnable games. By the same token if Heriot-Watt reach such totals they'll finish 5th and that would bump Preston, St Andrews or Blackburn to 6th on 32pts.

Accordingly it's a simple matter for Leith of hoping Cove don't get promoted to SPFL2. Unless you expect some left-field occurrence like a club outwith top 16 taking LL vacancy.