EoS Conference A chat 2018-19

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

That's a cracking result for Tweedmouth... not only their first win, but all season until today Peebles had only lost at home to Penicuik, Leith and Dunbar (plus Dunipace in a cup-tie).

That's one way of interpreting the stats, but Peebles have only taken points off Hawick, Arniston and Oakley, plus they have to play HOB, Musselburgh, Nitten, Easthouses and Coldstream at home. :) Still, a great result for Tweedmouth to get revenge for the 4-3 game.

Edited by Ginaro
a word

You're a hard, cruel man :lol:... as well as beating Hawick and Arniston, plus drawing with Oakley - they were leading Easthouses before it was abandoned late on, plus have defeated Dunipace and Inverkeithing in cup-ties. Leith and Dunbar defeats were narrow.

Not a bad wee home record, nor the most obvious place for Tweedmouth's first league win in 10 months and only second in 2yrs.

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

That's one way of interpreting the stats, but Peebles have only taken points off Hawick, Arniston and Oakley, plus they have to play HOB, Musselburgh, Nitten, Easthouses and Coldstream at home. :) Still, a great result for Tweedmouth to get revenge for the 4-3 game.

The 4-3 game there was 2 penalties against, but peebles are not the best. Since prof took over and with the same players and a bit graft and hardwork they've done well. Seems to have continued since he left and I see Karl who was at Duns is there.

17 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

Great win for Coldstream, hopefully that's them back on for their slim chance of making top 5 and possibly best 6th place finish.

I'd like to see Coldstream do it but it's a massive ask.  7 matches left.  H v Penicuik (1st), A v Hill of Beath (2nd), H & A v Musselburgh (3rd), A v Newtongrange (4th) with only Oakley and Peebles away being against teams outwith the top four.

Edited by stanley

3 hours ago, Hertz1874 said:

Great win for Coldstream, hopefully that's them back on for their slim chance of making top 5 and possibly best 6th place finish.

They were terrific yesterday but with an apparent 3 point deduction still to come off - they are going to need to win 5 or maybe 6 of that remaining 7 games to get 5th place I’d imagine. 

31 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

What's the deduction for?

Fielded a player without international clearance I believe. In a game they won at a canter just after Christmas I think.

But it’s not been deducted yet. 8 wins, 7 defeats and 2 draws from the 17 games is 26 points - the current league total. So a 3 point deduction would take them back to 23 points, and 10 points behind fifth place but still with 3 games in hand. 

Edited by TheGeneral10

13 hours ago, TheGeneral10 said:

Fielded a player without international clearance I believe. In a game they won at a canter just after Christmas I think.

But it’s not been deducted yet. 8 wins, 7 defeats and 2 draws from the 17 games is 26 points - the current league total. So a 3 point deduction would take them back to 23 points, and 10 points behind fifth place but still with 3 games in hand. 

Have been updated, wrong date of birth on team-lines. 

1 hour ago, Hertz1874 said:

Have been updated, wrong date of birth on team-lines. 

That’s a sore one. A harsh punishment for such a small error. Was that in the Peebles game that you won 5-0?

When do the points come off? Are they deducted at the end of the season? 

1 hour ago, TheGeneral10 said:

That’s a sore one. A harsh punishment for such a small error. Was that in the Peebles game that you won 5-0?

When do the points come off? Are they deducted at the end of the season? 

I don't play for them, and not entirely sure when the points come off.

Just the one game in the East of Scotland tonight.

Conference A

Penicuik Athletic v. Peebles Rovers

A win for Penicuik gives them an even greater advantage in their chase for the Conference Championship. A win for Peebles keeps their very faint chances of a Top 6 going for another round of fixtures.

image.png.ecf75feba0c8eacd6de19ae1f3ba1bd5.png

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looking at the EoS tables and Coldstream's 3 pts have been taken off. Real blow to their EoS Premier chances.

It’s not over by any stretch. Dunbar and Easthouses play this weekend so points being dropped there. No doubting the streamers are the form team in the league at the minute. One slip up from either and Coldstream right back in the hunt. 

Bearing in mind that currently best placed 6th team coming from the A division. 

Edited by TheGeneral10

1 hour ago, TheGeneral10 said:

It’s not over by any stretch. Dunbar and Easthouses play this weekend so points being dropped there. No doubting the streamers are the form team in the league at the minute. One slip up from either and Coldstream right back in the hunt.

Bearing in mind that currently best placed 6th team coming from the A division. 

Dunbar have winnable games against Hawick and Tweedmouth, while Coldstream have winnable games against Oakley and Peebles - but also have to get at least 10 points from their five games against the top 4 sides.

To even get 6th means they will need to take some points from the top 4. However the best 6th place will come from Conference B, Sauchie already on 30 pts and likely to finish on at least 36.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 17:41, FairWeatherFan said:

Looking at the EoS tables and Coldstream's 3 pts have been taken off. Real blow to their EoS Premier chances.

image.png.3f262c974da8699c19e11b48fca9d3d1.png

My understanding is it was for fielding a triallist last registered abroad without obtaining international clearance.

Given the respective run-in's that's a blow to their top 5 hope and maybe top 6.