EoS Conference A chat 2018-19

Conference A

Hawick Royal Albert  (Lowland - 16 relegated) - Scottish Borders image.png.fcbe469962a081af07381385cae23234.png 

Leith Athletic  (EoS - 4) - Edinburgh image.png.c867937100fc87cd882101a85553f9c8.png 

Peebles Rovers  (EoS - 7) - Scottish Borders

Coldstream  (EoS - 10) - Scottish Borders

Tweedmouth  (EoS -13)  - Scottish Borders image.png.a762432e1818f9999b74e424579875ed.png 

Penicuik Athletic  (EJS - 3) - Midlothian image.png.cadb21976cc77bbdb7b45b4977a30fd9.png 

Hill of Beath Hawthorn  (EJS - 7) - Fife image.png.ba451be0a084c81c8cdba229f162c253.png

Newtongrange Star  (EJS - 11) - Midlothian image.png.66e636ba094034c52f1eb8ef5ecf8c14.png

Musselburgh Athletic  (EJP - 1) - East Lothian

Dunbar Utd  (EJP - 7) - East Lothian image.png.a84bf2578ba29c2eaee2cac53ab8e7d1.png

Arniston Rangers  (EJP - 12) - Midlothian

Oakley Utd  (EJSo - 4) - Fife

Easthouses Lily  (EJSo - 11) - Midlothian image.png.1e0d1a88a91c4c2cc320389c6164370f.png

image.png.411f8fe97dc2cb0d31f3e90a65382e13.png  =  Floodlights.  [It is assumed above that Tweedmouth will be playing at Berwick Rangers]

DfPtzrbWsAA6F0S.jpg

My top 5 for the Premier Division 2019/20 are:

1. Penicuik Athletic
2. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
3. Newtongrange Star
4. Dunbar Utd
5. Leith Athletic

For me Dunbar Utd will be the suprise package.

Edited by Pyramidic

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Conference A

Hawick Royal Albert
Leith Athletic
Peebles Rovers
Coldstream
Tweedmouth
Penicuik Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Newtongrange Star
Musselburgh Athletic
Dunbar Utd
Arniston Rangers
Oakley Utd
Easthouses Lily

My top 5 for the Premier Division 2019/20 are:

1. Penicuik Athletic
2. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
3. Newtongrange Star
4. Dunbar Utd
5. Leith Athletic

For me Dunbar Utd will be the suprise package.

For 2018-19; my top 5; is no particular order will be, HofBeath, Leith, Musselburgh, Newtongrange and Penicuik

Musselburgh Athletic had their EGM the other night and very little news has filtered out of the decisions made. However one change appears to be a more dynamic approach to seeking sponsorship.

Hope that some new signings are on the way following the departure of Ally Adams and Sean Murphy to Berwick Rangers, Steve MacDonald to Spartans, Chris Gray to Tranent and Calvin Shand.  At the moment it is difficult to envisage a top 5 place without some decent replacements.

Edited by Pyramidic

Does anyone have information on average attendances for Group A clubs over the last season in their respective leagues? Do Penicuik Athletic still average over 200 supporters a game? Newtongrange Star around 250 and Musselburgh Athletic around 180?  Hill of Beath Hawthorn around 100? These are old stats from 2 or 3 years ago.

Will Newtongrange be the best supported club in this Conference?

There is then the drawing power and interest created from the new competition.

Edited by Pyramidic

image.png.64ec11e7d87388937827c599b21aa63f.png

A musseygreen thread from the Juniors Forum.

On 6/7/2018 at 17:24, musseygreen said:

Just to confirm that Calvin Shand is the Musselburgh manager and is actively adding to his squad for the challenges that lie ahead next season in the EoS league. He has the full backing of the New committee and the supporters. Any outstanding players wages are currently being sorted and they are aware of this. Charlie has stepped down from his role at the club.  The debt figures quoted earlier in this thread are very overstated.  The new committee are working extremely hard to resolve any issues and supporters, manager and playing staff are being kept informed. Personally, I'm very optimistic about the future for Musselburgh athletic. 

Hopefully Musselburgh will sort their problems out and make a firm commitment towards EoS Premier Division football for 2019/20.

Edited by Pyramidic

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No idea but one groundhopper (might have been Marten that posts on here?) mentioned there were 250 at Hill of Beath v Jeanfield game a few weeks back. pretty decent attendance I thought.

Yes, that was me. It was a bit of a head count by myself, but it can't have been far off.

Guest brycey
On 09/06/2018 at 13:51, gogsy said:

Some one was quoted on here as saying Calvin Shand was staying  as well as the club having a new committee?

thats the news thats come out lately but you wont hear much there fans who normally post on pie and bovril have went missing very strange considering there now in eos -no points of view at all - no disrespect to them but do they really care about there club at all

Guest brycey
7 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Does anyone have information on average attendances for Group A clubs over the last season in their respective leagues? Do Penicuik Athletic still average over 200 supporters a game? Newtongrange Star around 250 and Musselburgh Athletic around 180?  Hill of Beath Hawthorn around 100? These are old stats from 2 or 3 years ago.

Will Newtongrange be the best supported club in this Conference?

There is then the drawing power and interest created from the new competition.

reckon penicuik r the biggest support 

42 minutes ago, brycey said:

thats the news thats come out lately but you wont hear much there fans who normally post on pie and bovril have went missing very strange considering there now in eos -no points of view at all - no disrespect to them but do they really care about there club at all

Maybe they talk about it elsewhere, there are other sites out there.

image.png.64ec11e7d87388937827c599b21aa63f.png

A musseygreen thread from the Juniors Forum.
Hopefully Musselburgh will sort their problems out and make a firm commitment towards EoS Premier Division football for 2019/20.
I'm sure that is what the committee will be seeking to achieve! As we move forward to this new set up, hopefully, lots of positives will out, both on the park and behind the scenes! MTB!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Couple of pics showing part of the crowd at Dunbar’s recent home games v St Andrews & Tranent
We do alright, prob about 200 at both games on headcount
Decent crowd v Tranent as we were up against Cup Final on tv and a big,and very worthy, charity event at same venue
IMG_0272.jpgIMG_0770.jpg

I am a self-confessed "paper-chaser"! Can you help me in establishing those clubs that will be issuing a regular programme for 2018/19 in Conference A? I can then add the info to the EOS clubs breakdown.
Penicuik have confirmed they will be and Newtongrange would be expected to do likewise.

On 11/06/2018 at 10:53, Pyramidic said:

I am a self-confessed "paper-chaser"! Can you help me in establishing those clubs that will be issuing a regular programme for 2018/19 in Conference A? I can then add the info to the EOS clubs breakdown.

Last season Hawick, Leith, Penicuik, Newtongrange and Peebles all issued programmes. Not sure about the rest.