• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Pyramidic

EoS Conference A chat 2018-19

Conference A

Hawick Royal Albert  (Lowland - 16 relegated) - Scottish Borders image.png.fcbe469962a081af07381385cae23234.png 

Leith Athletic  (EoS - 4) - Edinburgh image.png.c867937100fc87cd882101a85553f9c8.png 

Peebles Rovers  (EoS - 7) - Scottish Borders

Coldstream  (EoS - 10) - Scottish Borders

Tweedmouth  (EoS -13)  - Scottish Borders image.png.a762432e1818f9999b74e424579875ed.png 

Penicuik Athletic  (EJS - 3) - Midlothian image.png.cadb21976cc77bbdb7b45b4977a30fd9.png 

Hill of Beath Hawthorn  (EJS - 7) - Fife image.png.ba451be0a084c81c8cdba229f162c253.png

Newtongrange Star  (EJS - 11) - Midlothian image.png.66e636ba094034c52f1eb8ef5ecf8c14.png

Musselburgh Athletic  (EJP - 1) - East Lothian

Dunbar Utd  (EJP - 7) - East Lothian image.png.a84bf2578ba29c2eaee2cac53ab8e7d1.png

Arniston Rangers  (EJP - 12) - Midlothian

Oakley Utd  (EJSo - 4) - Fife

Easthouses Lily  (EJSo - 11) - Midlothian image.png.1e0d1a88a91c4c2cc320389c6164370f.png

image.png.411f8fe97dc2cb0d31f3e90a65382e13.png  =  Floodlights.  [It is assumed above that Tweedmouth will be playing at Berwick Rangers]

DfPtzrbWsAA6F0S.jpg

My top 5 for the Premier Division 2019/20 are:

1. Penicuik Athletic
2. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
3. Newtongrange Star
4. Dunbar Utd
5. Leith Athletic

For me Dunbar Utd will be the suprise package.

Edited by Pyramidic

Hope you’re right Pyramidic but it’s a very hard league to get out of, in fact they all are. Who knows how it will unfold but it’s exciting times that’s for sure. Can’t wait for it to start

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Conference A

Hawick Royal Albert
Leith Athletic
Peebles Rovers
Coldstream
Tweedmouth
Penicuik Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Newtongrange Star
Musselburgh Athletic
Dunbar Utd
Arniston Rangers
Oakley Utd
Easthouses Lily

1. Penicuik Athletic
2. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
3. Newtongrange Star
4. Dunbar Utd
5. Leith Athletic

For me Dunbar Utd will be the suprise package.

For 2018-19; my top 5; is no particular order will be, HofBeath, Leith, Musselburgh, Newtongrange and Penicuik

1. Penicuik Athletic
2. Leith Athletic
3. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
4. Musselburgh Athletic
5. Peebles Rovers

Musselburgh Athletic had their EGM the other night and very little news has filtered out of the decisions made. However one change appears to be a more dynamic approach to seeking sponsorship.

Hope that some new signings are on the way following the departure of Ally Adams and Sean Murphy to Berwick Rangers, Steve MacDonald to Spartans, Chris Gray to Tranent and Calvin Shand.  At the moment it is difficult to envisage a top 5 place without some decent replacements.

Edited by Pyramidic

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

Hope that some new signings are on the way following the departure of Ally Adams and Sean Murphy to Berwick Rangers, Steve MacDonald to Spartans, Chris Gray to Tranent and Calvin Shand.  At the moment it is difficult to envisage a top 5 place without some decent replacements.

Some one was quoted on here as saying Calvin Shand was staying  as well as the club having a new committee?

20 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Conference A

Hawick Royal Albert  (Lowland - 16 relegated) - Scottish Borders :thumsup2  Good guys

Leith Athletic  (EoS - 4) - Edinburgh :thumsup2  Good guys

Peebles Rovers  (EoS - 7) - Scottish Borders :whistle:whistle

Coldstream  (EoS - 10) - Scottish Borders Good guys

Tweedmouth  (EoS -13)  - Scottish Borders :thumsup2  Good guys

Penicuik Athletic  (EJS - 3) - Midlothian :thumsup2  Good guys

Hill of Beath Hawthorn  (EJS - 7) - Fife :thumsup2 Good guys

Newtongrange Star  (EJS - 11) - Midlothian :thumsup2 Good guys

Musselburgh Athletic  (EJP - 1) - East Lothian Good guys

Dunbar Utd  (EJP - 7) - East Lothian :thumsup2 Good guys 

Arniston Rangers  (EJP - 12) - Midlothian Good guys

Oakley Utd  (EJSo - 4) - Fife Good guys 

Easthouses Lily  (EJSo - 11) - Midlothian :thumsup2 Good guys

:):)

Does anyone have information on average attendances for Group A clubs over the last season in their respective leagues? Do Penicuik Athletic still average over 200 supporters a game? Newtongrange Star around 250 and Musselburgh Athletic around 180?  Hill of Beath Hawthorn around 100? These are old stats from 2 or 3 years ago.

Will Newtongrange be the best supported club in this Conference?

There is then the drawing power and interest created from the new competition.

Edited by Pyramidic

image.png.64ec11e7d87388937827c599b21aa63f.png

A musseygreen thread from the Juniors Forum.

On 6/7/2018 at 17:24, musseygreen said:

Just to confirm that Calvin Shand is the Musselburgh manager and is actively adding to his squad for the challenges that lie ahead next season in the EoS league. He has the full backing of the New committee and the supporters. Any outstanding players wages are currently being sorted and they are aware of this. Charlie has stepped down from his role at the club.  The debt figures quoted earlier in this thread are very overstated.  The new committee are working extremely hard to resolve any issues and supporters, manager and playing staff are being kept informed. Personally, I'm very optimistic about the future for Musselburgh athletic. 

Hopefully Musselburgh will sort their problems out and make a firm commitment towards EoS Premier Division football for 2019/20.

Edited by Pyramidic

26 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Does anyone have information on average attendances for Group A clubs over the last season in their respective leagues? Do Penicuik Athletic still average over 200 supporters a game? Newtongrange Star around 250 and Musselburgh Athletic around 180?  Hill of Beath Hawthorn around 100? These are old stats from 2 or 3 years ago.

No idea but one groundhopper (might have been Marten that posts on here?) mentioned there were 250 at Hill of Beath v Jeanfield game a few weeks back. pretty decent attendance I thought.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No idea but one groundhopper (might have been Marten that posts on here?) mentioned there were 250 at Hill of Beath v Jeanfield game a few weeks back. pretty decent attendance I thought.

Yes, that was me. It was a bit of a head count by myself, but it can't have been far off.

On 09/06/2018 at 13:51, gogsy said:

Some one was quoted on here as saying Calvin Shand was staying  as well as the club having a new committee?

thats the news thats come out lately but you wont hear much there fans who normally post on pie and bovril have went missing very strange considering there now in eos -no points of view at all - no disrespect to them but do they really care about there club at all

7 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

reckon penicuik r the biggest support 

42 minutes ago, brycey said:

thats the news thats come out lately but you wont hear much there fans who normally post on pie and bovril have went missing very strange considering there now in eos -no points of view at all - no disrespect to them but do they really care about there club at all

Maybe they talk about it elsewhere, there are other sites out there.

I am a self-confessed "paper-chaser"! Can you help me in establishing those clubs that will be issuing a regular programme for 2018/19 in Conference A? I can then add the info to the EOS clubs breakdown.

Looks the weakest league by some distance

1. Penicuik Athletic  by a large margin

Looks the weakest league by some distance
1. Penicuik Athletic  by a large margin

Apart from Linlithgow, I would have said conf C is weakest league, but it's just an opinion!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

image.png.64ec11e7d87388937827c599b21aa63f.png

A musseygreen thread from the Juniors Forum.
Hopefully Musselburgh will sort their problems out and make a firm commitment towards EoS Premier Division football for 2019/20.
I'm sure that is what the committee will be seeking to achieve! As we move forward to this new set up, hopefully, lots of positives will out, both on the park and behind the scenes! MTB!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I am a self-confessed "paper-chaser"! Can you help me in establishing those clubs that will be issuing a regular programme for 2018/19 in Conference A? I can then add the info to the EOS clubs breakdown.

Penicuik issue for every home game.