Alex Jack Cup 2018-19

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

That was for me anyway a surprise result as I fully expected HoB's to grind out a win tonight.       

So it's BU's v Haddington in the league on the 6th October ...............with the semi final tie 2 weeks later in Haddington.  Bring it on !!  Mon the BU's !!! 

Me aswell but I think any of the four teams could win this

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOSL website says 'Alba' Cup Final takes place at 3pm on Saturday 17th November (venue tbc), so the Alex Jack Cup finalists - playing the following Sunday 25th November - will know in advance whom the victor faces for the Scottish Cup slot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2018 at 23:22, HibeeJibee said:

SOSL website says 'Alba' Cup Final takes place at 3pm on Saturday 17th November (venue tbc), so the Alex Jack Cup finalists - playing the following Sunday 25th November - will know in advance whom the victor faces for the Scottish Cup slot.

SOS Alba Cup Final on 17th 3pm will be played @  Harriet Road, Kilmarnock ...... Bonnyton Thistle v Mid Annanadale

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Brox burn 0-1 camelon Ross Cameron 65 mins. What a result and will meet boness in the final on 25th November 

Great result for Camelon, felt that Broxburn would win this one but credit to the Camelon goalie Dean Shaw who saved a penalty. 

Two of the teams people would've tipped for the Final when the cup started and they've got there dispatching the like of Sauchie and Tranent along the way before Broxburn and Haddington today. Should be a great final and a good crowd.

With the winner meeting Bonnyton / Mid Annandale in the SESCWS for the Scottish Cup place both will feel it's within touching distance now.

41 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Two of the teams people would've tipped for the Final when the cup started and they've got there dispatching the like of Sauchie and Tranent along the way before Broxburn and Haddington today. Should be a great final and a good crowd.

With the winner meeting Bonnyton / Mid Annandale in the SESCWS for the Scottish Cup place both will feel it's within touching distance now.

Is the playoff one game or 2 ??

1 minute ago, boness4ever said:

That’s true,hopefully the final is at Linlithgow,although I heard that Falkirk was mentioned,but can’t see that

Why the f**k would it be there and line there pockets Falkirk stadium for me 

2 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Would the cost not be covered by  eosfl association? 

Don't know Wullie it will probably take a season to get the hang of whats what with EOSFL. Have to say impressed by the professionalism so far.

10 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Don't know Wullie it will probably take a season to get the hang of whats what with EOSFL. Have to say impressed by the professionalism so far.

Even if the cost for the park and officials are taken, I would reckon it would be a pretty large crowd on a Sunday. 

2 hours ago, boness4ever said:

Is the playoff one game or 2 ??

One-off cup final with extra-time and penalties if required, arrangements alternate between the East and South leagues each year. Two seasons ago it was Lochar v LTHV played at Lockerbie in about March or April, and last season it was Tynecastle v Mid Annandale played at Oriam in November. There is actually a trophy for it (hence name South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield) but I think everyone would accept that qualifying for the Scottish Cup is the main prize and the trophy+title is secondary.

On the question of a stadium for the Alex Jack Cup final there have been EOS finals at Broxburn, Blackburn, and several at Falkirk in recent years - indeed Stirling Uni v LTHV which can't have got much of a gate! - and Linlithgow would clearly be another option presumably.

You'd like to think there would be a good crowd for it. Neither club has won a trophy for 4 or 5 years, IIRC, while Camelon have never played in the Scottish Cup and Bo'ness must be similarly 4 or 5 years ago? There look to be no other games in Scotland that day - and only Bournemouth-Arsenal and Wolves-Huddersfield on TV. Sauchie and Linlithgow are the odd teams that week.

Archived