Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
HibeeJibee

East Cup of (Football) Nations 2018-19

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Next available Saturday is 23rd March, unless it's done midweek.

It does put the 12/13th March date for the EOS City Cup semis out the window though.

I'd have thought 23rd and we'll probably play league cup with Crossgates or if we beat lthv the Kings cup match from 2nd march

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeanfield v Bonnyrigg won't be midweek as lights won't be ready any time soon.

Ideally it will be the 23rd if not before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar sort of situation occurred in 2015-16 when the section of the draw with Whitehill and LTHV in it fell badly behind (their QF wasn't actually played until May!). Then the Final got held at the end of the season. Kelty's expulsion means none of the Last 16 tie, QF or SF has lights... Jeanfield v Bonnyrigg, Peebles v Jeanfield/Bonnyrigg, or Camelon v Peebles/Jeanfield/Bonnyrigg... so don't see how they could all have been caught-up over the next 4-6 weeks.

It's a shame as the Final was supposed to be Sunday 24th March and that international weekend has often delivered good crowds over the last 10yrs (few held other dates). On the otherhand Edinburgh City might playing be in the Irn-Bru Cup Final that day - if they beat Connah's Quay Nomads in a fortnight - and San Marino v Scotland is on TV at 5pm.


Having been put back into good order over the last 5-10yrs the City Cup unfortunately went to pieces again last season... both SFs were held-over to the start of this season, and the Final (Edinburgh City v EK) still hasn't been played. City getting promoted means there are now 3 ties not just 1 - albeit the entrants are known after SFs not after Final.

It must be almost unique in that you qualify for that season's competition, not the following season's.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cumbo said:

Jeanfield v Bonnyrigg won't be midweek as lights won't be ready any time soon.

Ideally it will be the 23rd if not before then.

Thats the next cupdate. The South Challenge cup semis are 6th april so im guessing thats a cupdate. Jeanfield be playing Monday Wednesday at end of season if get through cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still in the league cup too away to LTHV. Expecting that to be away midweek along with our trip to Heriot-Watt in league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penicuik Athletic 3-0 University of Stirling


Friday 22nd March 2019
Spartans v Penicuik Athletic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spartans 1-1 Penicuik Athletic (aet, FT 1-1, 4-2p)

Spartans - just - edge it and reach Final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Spartans 1-1 Penicuik Athletic (aet, FT 1-1, 4-2p)

Spartans - just - edge it and reach Final.

Penicuik will be disappointed after playing well. Spartans were ruthless in the shootout though.  

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeanfield 2-4 Bonnyrigg


Going by twitter updates it was a hard-fought game in Perth where the visitors saw out a comfortable lead.

Bonnyrigg ran into a 4-0 lead after less than 25mins at which point the dazed hosts seem to have shook themselves from their slumber. They immediately got a goal back and so went in 1-4 at HT. Jeanfield them struck again with about 15mins left but were unable to setup a grandstand finish.

Bonnyrigg - still in all the cups - now proceed to QF at Peebles, victory in which would see SF at Camelon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Jeanfield 2-4 Bonnyrigg


Going by twitter updates it was a hard-fought game in Perth where the visitors saw out a comfortable lead.

Bonnyrigg ran into a 4-0 lead after less than 25mins at which point the dazed hosts seem to have shook themselves from their slumber. They immediately got a goal back and so went in 1-4 at HT. Jeanfield them struck again with about 15mins left but were unable to setup a grandstand finish.

Bonnyrigg - still in all the cups - now proceed to QF at Peebles, victory in which would see SF at Camelon.

Any dates for these games. I guess Peebles vs bonnyrigg be 27th april

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday 27th April football nation cup quarter finals Peebles Rovers vs bonnyrigg rose

 

Thursday 9th may semi final 7pm kick off camelon juniors vs Peebles/bonnyrigg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peebles 0-2 Bonnyrigg

Many would have expected a bigger margin but the homesters put up a good fight. So we know that Camelon or Bonnyrigg faceoff for a place in the Final and of course in the EOS Cup proper.




Thursday 9th May
Semi-Finals

Camelon v Bonnyrigg


Saturday 18th May
Final

Spartans v Camelon/Bonnyrigg          (Wednesday 22nd if Spartans also in LL Cup Final)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Peebles 0-2 Bonnyrigg

Many would have expected a bigger margin but the homesters put up a good fight. So we know that Camelon or Bonnyrigg faceoff for a place in the Final and of course in the EOS Cup proper.




Thursday 9th May
Semi-Finals

Camelon v Bonnyrigg


Saturday 18th May
Final

Spartans v Camelon/Bonnyrigg          (Wednesday 22nd if Spartans also in LL Cup Final)

Hopefully if camelon make it Spartans get put out so final can be 18th if we lose to bonnyrigg it can be whenever lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camelon 2-1 winners in the second semi-final/No-License Derby. Bit a disappointing end to the season for Bonnyrigg, who apparently had to play their starting 11 for the full 90 mins due to a shortage of subs.

Hopefully we can now fulfill @AlanCamelonfan's wish and dump Spartans out this Saturday for the final.

Edited by AlansHotBath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×