Burnie_man

EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

Conference C

Edinburgh United 0-5 Blackburn United
Heriot-Watt University 3-3 Camelon Juniors
Jeanfield Swifts 2-1 Linlithgow Rose
University of Stirling EoS 0-4 Broxburn Athletic

image.png.0bcd0692d6cb53cde99e26e99b34079c.png

Congrats to Broxburn and Blackburn in getting their jobs done today in fine style.

Congratulations to both Broxburn and Blackburn.

Well done Broxburn. Good luck in the playoffs.

Blackburn were outsiders a few weeks ago but over 30 games deserve their spot in the premier.

Today was the first time all season that Blackburn rose as high as 5th. Talk about timing a run to the finishing line ..... :P

Well done to Blackburn, saw 5 games between Kilmarnock games. Shame I couldn't make this one as I wanted to. Oh well, sure I will pick a few games next season in the EOS premier.

13 hours ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

Well done to Blackburn, saw 5 games between Kilmarnock games. Shame I couldn't make this one as I wanted to. Oh well, sure I will pick a few games next season in the EOS premier

Edited by jay1

Well what a day yesterday. First half we seemed flat, although we had two decent penalty shouts turned down, Edinburgh went in at the break having the better of the game. Five minutes into the second half Darren Mitchell in goal pulls off a great double stop when it looked certain Edinburgh would take the lead, but instead we went up the park and scored, five minutes later from a corner it was two and there was no looking back from there.

First time all season we have been in 5th spot, but the best time to do it.  It looked all so unlikely only a couple of months back. Credit to the players and management for keeping going and taking advantage of others slipping up. Going to be tough next season but we'll give it our best shot and enjoy it.

Congratulations to Broxburn on winning the Conference, they certainly proved the doubters wrong, consistent throughout and well deserved.

Edited by Burnie_man

I've been reading back this thread, just interested in the pre season predictions and how the season rollercoasted.

Came across this belter.

Up to you @Burnie_man

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On 20/01/2019 at 11:10, Burnie_man said:

Four of our last five games are very winnable, whether we do that is another matter but if we can then we're in with a wee chance of 5th, looking at the run-ins of those around us.

On 02/02/2019 at 12:05, Midge said:

Fancy a wee name change bet on it? 

Finish 5th and I’ll change my username to anything you want. 

Edited by PastyMan

Took in Edinburgh Utd v Broxburn Blackburn.

Mad game.

Utd should've led at HT with more pressure and missing several great chances. Then forced a top save, up other end Blackburn score, thereafter one-way traffic.

Sobering conclusion for Heriot-Watt. They got their draw v Camelon. Had they beaten Edinburgh Utd last week they've have made Premier.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Took in Edinburgh Utd v Broxburn.

Mad game.

Utd should've led at HT with more pressure and missing several great chances. Then forced a top save, up other end Blackburn score, thereafter one-way traffic.

Sobering conclusion for Heriot-Watt. They got their draw v Camelon. Had they beaten Edinburgh Utd last week they've have made Premier.
Looks like HJ has already changed our name

Congratulations to Broxburn and Blackburn.
For Blackburn, they have been mocked and scorned for over a year now by some very local former rivals who might (and should) be left wondering what if, had they shown a bit of ambition, like Blackburn did.
Fantastic set up, a really well run club