EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

1 hour ago, lokforever said:

Inverkeithing looked quite decent in the second half although i think the rose were half asleep.

I've seen them like that for long spells against weaker opposition all season, such as at Stirling Uni EOS and Tweedmouth.  They've got away with it almost every time because their firepower is just too much for these teams, but I think it's how they came unstuck against Ormiston. That 3-3 draw will cost us a play-off place.

Inverkeithing have made big strides since that 10-0 defeat in their first ever league game way back in August, on that day they were a collection of naive boys and veterans who hadn't played much in years. They've gelled pretty well and results suggest they could do alright next season. Good luck to them, they've put in a ton of work on and off the pitch.

Conference C

Edinburgh United v. Heriot-Watt University
Jeanfield Swifts v. Camelon Juniors
Ormiston v. Broxburn Athletic
St Andrews United v. Linlithgow Rose

image.png.11b9cbca2098e7f2c548f42fa7d489c0.png

Ormiston caused an upset against Linlithgow Rose with a 3-3 draw. Can they get Linlithgow back in title contention by doing something similar against Broxburn?

Of course Linlithgow have their own concerns on the road to St Andrews. This is St Andrews last game of the season and they know only a win will do if they are to make next season's EoS Premier.

Heriot-Watt control their own destiny and a win against Edinburgh United could see them rise as high as 5th.

Finally you've got the battle for 3rd between Jeanfield and Camelon.

Conference C

Edinburgh United 3-0 Heriot-Watt University
Jeanfield Swifts 3-3 Camelon Juniors
Ormiston 0-4 Broxburn Athletic
St Andrews United 1-4 Linlithgow Rose

image.png.0db4563d6ec5b13a476445ac24c55fc0.png

The Battle for 5th place is now down to 3 with St Andrews losing in their last game of the season. Blackburn need to win away to Edinburgh United, no easy task especially going by today's showing. Heriot-Watt had a chance to gain an advantage with 2 games to play over their rivals, but with today's loss it pretty much rules them out unless they beat Camelon by a heavy margin to boost their goald difference.

Preston may yet be sitting pretty.

Results went our way today and it's now in our own hands (freak result not withstanding) but a tough game at old rivals Edinburgh to come.

Mind you I would have bitten your hand off for that chance just a couple of months back.

Ref today in ormiston game shout be shot after mistakes today. Gave a pen for a blatant dive and ormiston should’ve had a defo pen. Defo has a bet on Broxburn winning today. Do these refs ever get watched or reported on. This is killing the smaller teams. He can’t say it’s hard being on his own. He had linesmen today. 

Edited by Barbers4mybush

Ref today in ormiston game shout be shot after mistakes today. Gave a pen for a blatant dive and ormiston should’ve had a defo pen. Defo has a bet on Broxburn winning today. Do these refs ever get watched or reported on. This is killing the smaller teams. He can’t say it’s hard being on his own. He had linesmen today. 
Saying a referee should be shot really doesn't help.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
33 minutes ago, Barbers4mybush said:

Saying a referee should be shot really doesn't help.

Was at the game today the Ref was okay.  The Broxburn penalty was a clear penalty-the Ormiston player didn’t see him coming and caught him from behind. 

I’d agree that Ormiston had a decent shout for a penalty for much the same thing which the Ref didn’t give.

But come on the score was 4-0 and I don’t think Ormiston had a shot on target of any note?

16 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Was at the game today the Ref was okay.  The Broxburn penalty was a clear penalty-the Ormiston player didn’t see him coming and caught him from behind. 

I’d agree that Ormiston had a decent shout for a penalty for much the same thing which the Ref didn’t give.

But come on the score was 4-0 and I don’t think Ormiston had a shot on target of any note?

I’m not saying they wouldn’t have won but in a even game. To give a pen when it was a clear dive changed it. Both teams where very even upto then. The ormiston keeper never had much to do either if you take out the goals. Not this first game I’ve seen this ref have a shocker. If he gives ormiston the pen that was a defo pen it’s 1-1 if they score but he plays on and Broxburn go up and score there second. Ormiston heads defo drop then.  My point in this is surely these refs mistakes need to be looked into. 

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

You're watching a game in the sixth tier of Scottish football, i'm sure his performance is in congruence with the level he is officiating at.

Aw so that justifies given a pen after the player throws himself to the ground and misses a blatant pen at the other end. If your that incompetent you shouldn’t take up that roll. 

Sounds like Ormiston would've won, if I hadn't been for the ref awarding Broxburn a penalty and not awarding them a penalty assuming they'd have scored it provided they had not conceded the other 3 goals as if so they'd have lost 3-1. Truly outrageous!

So the title comes down to whether Broxburn can win at Stirling Uni EOS, and if not whether Linlithgow can win at Jeanfield. If you're a Linlithgow fan, you're probably looking at St Andrews and an on-form Ormiston as having been the better chances for Broxburn to drop points, but stranger things have happened. In early part of the season they drew 3-3 at Jeanfield and scared Linlithgow.

Calamitous result for Heriot-Watt Uni. Opens the door for Blackburn.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sounds like Ormiston would've won, if I hadn't been for the ref awarding Broxburn a penalty and not awarding them a penalty assuming they'd have scored it provided they had not conceded the other 3 goals as if so they'd have lost 3-1. Truly outrageous!

So the title comes down to whether Broxburn can win at Stirling Uni EOS, and if not whether Linlithgow can win at Jeanfield. If you're a Linlithgow fan, you're probably looking at St Andrews and an on-form Ormiston as having been the better chances for Broxburn to drop points, but stranger things have happened. In early part of the season they drew 3-3 at Jeanfield and scared Linlithgow.

Calamitous result for Heriot-Watt Uni. Opens the door for Blackburn.

Broxburn to win it, the hardest games they have overcome.

Not surprised at the Heriot watt result, they do seem to struggle in April. By all accounts they had guys missing today had chances to win the game. I think Blackburn will just finish 5th

I don't want to pre-empt anything, but if Broxburn see it out it'll be a testament to their resilience and consistency. They've not hammered many teams but since beating Linlithgow they've just got the job done week after week after week. They'll fully deserve it.

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't want to pre-empt anything, but if Broxburn see it out it'll be a testament to their resilience and consistency. They've not hammered many teams but since beating Linlithgow they've just got the job done week after week after week. They'll fully deserve it.

Transit van Saturday next week. Can brox hold their nerve. A tough game for the rose at Jeanfield 

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

It has been extremely nervous over the last few weeks but have managed to get the job done so far.  The management team and the players have to take credit for that. 

One last hurdle to negotiate but under no illusion it will be tough.  Main problem has been scoring goals.  Lost Downie and Anderson at the start of the season (both scoring for fun in the EOS) so it’s no surprise.  

Will be a nervous wreck next Saturday.