EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

13 hours ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

Well done to Blackburn, saw 5 games between Kilmarnock games. Shame I couldn't make this one as I wanted to. Oh well, sure I will pick a few games next season in the EOS premier

Edited by jay1

Well what a day yesterday. First half we seemed flat, although we had two decent penalty shouts turned down, Edinburgh went in at the break having the better of the game. Five minutes into the second half Darren Mitchell in goal pulls off a great double stop when it looked certain Edinburgh would take the lead, but instead we went up the park and scored, five minutes later from a corner it was two and there was no looking back from there.

First time all season we have been in 5th spot, but the best time to do it.  It looked all so unlikely only a couple of months back. Credit to the players and management for keeping going and taking advantage of others slipping up. Going to be tough next season but we'll give it our best shot and enjoy it.

Congratulations to Broxburn on winning the Conference, they certainly proved the doubters wrong, consistent throughout and well deserved.

Edited by Burnie_man

I've been reading back this thread, just interested in the pre season predictions and how the season rollercoasted.

Came across this belter.

Up to you @Burnie_man

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On 20/01/2019 at 11:10, Burnie_man said:

Four of our last five games are very winnable, whether we do that is another matter but if we can then we're in with a wee chance of 5th, looking at the run-ins of those around us.

On 02/02/2019 at 12:05, Midge said:

Fancy a wee name change bet on it? 

Finish 5th and I’ll change my username to anything you want. 

Edited by PastyMan

Took in Edinburgh Utd v Broxburn Blackburn.

Mad game.

Utd should've led at HT with more pressure and missing several great chances. Then forced a top save, up other end Blackburn score, thereafter one-way traffic.

Sobering conclusion for Heriot-Watt. They got their draw v Camelon. Had they beaten Edinburgh Utd last week they've have made Premier.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Took in Edinburgh Utd v Broxburn.

Mad game.

Utd should've led at HT with more pressure and missing several great chances. Then forced a top save, up other end Blackburn score, thereafter one-way traffic.

Sobering conclusion for Heriot-Watt. They got their draw v Camelon. Had they beaten Edinburgh Utd last week they've have made Premier.
Looks like HJ has already changed our name [emoji23]

Congratulations to Broxburn and Blackburn.
For Blackburn, they have been mocked and scorned for over a year now by some very local former rivals who might (and should) be left wondering what if, had they shown a bit of ambition, like Blackburn did.
Fantastic set up, a really well run club

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Took in Edinburgh Utd v Broxburn Blackburn.

Mad game.

Edinburgh United should have won the game in the first half with all the chances created. Blackburn have been strong in the run in and maybe deserve it.

I think Heriot watt  will be happy to not play in the premier next season, with apparently students not coming back till September, going home in December and april, I also read somewhere on their social media, they had players missing yesterday to go to " V festival"  its a tough task but they have done well to push it till the last day of the season.

1 minute ago, Brainwaves said:

Edinburgh United should have won the game in the first half with all the chances created. Blackburn have been strong in the run in and maybe deserve it.

First half wasn't pretty for us. Edinburgh were livelier going forward but I think our keeper only had one decent save to make and there was one goalmouth scramble, whilst we had two very strong penalty shouts waved away. You could argue Edinburgh on balance of play deserved a lead at HT (we certainly didn't) but no way did they create enough to have won the game by that stage. 

Keepers save 5 minutes into second half was crucial, could have put us in a very difficult position if it had went in, but we went up the park and scored and then just ran over the top of them in the end.

HWU are a good team and I couldn't have complained if they had pipped us in the end. Good people running the club.

Congratulations to Broxburn and Blackburn.
For Blackburn, they have been mocked and scorned for over a year now by some very local former rivals who might (and should) be left wondering what if, had they shown a bit of ambition, like Blackburn did.
Fantastic set up, a really well run club

I swithered long and hard between going to watch the Broxburn game where they could clinch the title and the Edinburgh v Blackburn game where everything was on the line for the visitors re getting to the Premier League - the latter won out as I suspected Broxburn had an easy task and it turned out to be so.

So, Paties Road. The hosts were apparently top notch last week against Heriot-Watt, which set up the Blackburn game as the weekends most important encounter and you could see just why they’d managed to lance the university’s hopes by the way they got in and about Blackburn in the first half. However, they couldn’t turn that early prominence into a goal and a great double save early in the second half by the visiting keeper laid the foundation for a comfortable and deserving win for the visitors - timing is everything and boy did they not time their run to fifth place and ‘promotion’ perfectly?!

As an aside, I felt a little bit voyeuristic at the end when, on leaving, I saw who I later learned was Blackburn’s President/Chairman in what seemed two genuinely emotional embraces with two ladies who I’m guessing were also involved with the Club. You could see just how much it meant to each of them and it is exactly this commitment that should draw more people to the game at this level. I might even try to get along more often myself now!

Am I right in thinking that only once have a team in the top 4 lost to a team from outside the top 4, when St Andrew's beat Jeanfield in Perth?

Broxburn didn't drop any points to teams outside the top 4; Linlithgow Rose dropped 2, in a 2-2 draw at home with Ormiston; Jeanfield lost to St Andrew's as above and drew with Heriot Watt, Stirling Uni and Blackburn (all at home); and Camelon had draws at Heriot Watt and Preston.

Camelon and Jeanfield still have games to play, of course.

In 69 matches so far between the top 4 and the rest, the top 4 have won 62, drawn 6 and lost 1.

Just thought that was interesting.

Conference B

Ormiston 2-4 Camelon Juniors

image.png.7c42e6441dc8adfcc57fb8c64f5d65be.png

Ormiston will now finish bottom of the Conference. Just two more games left in the Conference but it won't be officially wrapped until the 4th of May.

Saturday 27th April

Camelon Juniors v. Craigroyston

Saturday 4th May

Jeanfield Swifts v. Ormiston

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Conference B

Ormiston 2-4 Camelon Juniors

image.png.7c42e6441dc8adfcc57fb8c64f5d65be.png

Ormiston will now finish bottom of the Conference. Just two more games left in the Conference but it won't be officially wrapped until the 4th of May.

Saturday 27th April

Camelon Juniors v. Craigroyston

Saturday 4th May

Jeanfield Swifts v. Ormiston

4th may game will be off I believe if Jeanfield make league cup semi final