EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Bum emoji57.png

Based on the performance of Blackburn today you'd probably be best not playing the top EoS teams next season ;)

Superb game of football at the Riverside. Saints keeper Wilson made some huge saves but Saints battled well and led three times, finishing with just nine men.

We're right on the top five battle now.

As for the top, with their run in Broxburn are hot favourites. But we'll do our best to help the other contenders in a fortnight's time.

Based on the performance of Blackburn today you'd probably be best not playing the top EoS teams next season [emoji6]
Well given we had no recognised striker for 90% of the game and our 30 goal top scorer on holiday I thought 3-0 was an unfair reflection on the game, we should have went a goal up, and had another great chance of 2-0, that's not to mention the first Camelon goal looking suspiciously offside. We were better than the scoreline suggests IMO.

37 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
45 minutes ago, drs said:
Based on the performance of Blackburn today you'd probably be best not playing the top EoS teams next season emoji6.png

Well given we had no recognised striker for 90% of the game and our 30 goal top scorer on holiday I thought 3-0 was an unfair reflection on the game, we should have went a goal up, and had another great chance of 2-0, that's not to mention the first Camelon goal looking suspiciously offside. We were better than the scoreline suggests IMO.

I thought 2nd half was comfortable for camelon. Blackburnlost their heads at first goal and it was game over at the 2nd. 3-0 maybe a tad unfair given their first half performance 

I thought 2nd half was comfortable for camelon. Blackburnlost their heads at first goal and it was game over at the 2nd. 3-0 maybe a tad unfair given their first half performance 
Fair summary, could have been different if we had taken the lead instead of the ball being cleared off the line. First goal was iffy, but second half Camelon were better although we had a great chance to pull back to 2-1 but good stop by keeper.

image.png.e2a9d4cb84c58d04d83450b488a6ac19.png

Broxburn Athletic v. Stirling University EoS
Camelon Juniors v. Preston Athletic
Craigroyston v. Ormiston
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v. Edinburgh United
Jeanfield Swifts v. Heriot-Watt University
Linlithgow Rose v. St Andrews United

Idle: Blackburn United

Jeanfield and Camelon can secure their status at Tier 6 in next season's EoS Premier if they both win today.

Conference C

Broxburn Athletic 6-1 Stirling University EoS
Camelon Juniors 4-1 Preston Athletic
Craigroyston 2-2 Ormiston
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 2-0 Edinburgh United
Jeanfield Swifts 2-1 Heriot-Watt University
Linlithgow Rose 3-1 St Andrews United

Idle: Blackburn United

image.png.1cebcd20a27fffb0515d8afb6946a84f.png

Camelon and Jeanfield secure their EoS Premier status with their wins. The 5th guaranteed spot could go down to their wire as the losses for Preston and St Andrews give Blackburn and Heriot-Watt some hope to move up the table.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, marcelo said:

With the top 4 all winning yesterday it could be argued that this is the most exciting league out of the conferences, it’s Broxburns to lose but still a 4 horse race

Broxburn have 4 pretty straightforward games left. You could maybe see them having a surprise draw that would allow Linlithgow to catch them on goal difference, but it would be a very hard collapse for them to drop the 6 points required for Jeanfield or Camelon to pull level. In any case, Linlithgow have tough games home and away against Jeanfield so Broxburn could probably have one slip and still make it.

I'd say it's one horse out in front with the line in sight, with another close behind but needing to clear a couple of jumps in the final straight.

43 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Broxburn have 4 pretty straightforward games left. You could maybe see them having a surprise draw that would allow Linlithgow to catch them on goal difference, but it would be a very hard collapse for them to drop the 6 points required for Jeanfield or Camelon to pull level. In any case, Linlithgow have tough games home and away against Jeanfield so Broxburn could probably have one slip and still make it.

I'd say it's one horse out in front with the line in sight, with another close behind but needing to clear a couple of jumps in the final straight.

I do think it’s still very much a two horse race between Broxburn and Lithgae.  I think Camelon and Jeanfield will concentrate on the cups with their Premier Division status secured (which was the priority or the ex-Super League sides.

Whilst Broxburn’s fixtures look straightforward on the face of it, I’d add a couple of banana skins onto it - they are all away from home, they will all be played on grass, Lithgae’s run in will not be as hard as expected (for reason given above with Jeanfield) and there is a huge pressure on Broxburn in front running.

Going to be a very nervous last 4 games for me to watch.

image.png.b0df00c5b58bf8238d9bbdd003bc49bc.png

St Andrews United v. Broxburn Athletic

Just the one game to have survvied the weather and it's an important one for Conference C.

St Andrews win places them in the Top on a superior goal difference to Preston Athletic. It would also open the door for Linlithgow Rose to win out and clinch the Conference Championship. Even a draw would play into Linlithgow's favour due to their superior goal difference.

Pressure will be on Broxburn to grab the away win in bad weather to keep them favourites for the Conference.