EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Saw that as well. I really think Leith have suffered from not playing in the Leith area instead playing in Meadowbank & Riccarton on secondary pitches.

They've played at Muirhouse (2008-12), Ainslie Park (2012-13), Meadowbank 3G (2013-17), and now Peffermill 3G (2017-). All have been backpitches.

Interesting topic historically. Leith Athletic of course came into EOSL in 2008 by absorbing Edinburgh Athletic, who faced going out of EOSL upon charges of maladministration. They were formerly Manor Thistle. Back in 1928 Clerwood and Corstorphine merged as Clerwood; in 1999 Ormiston Primrose and Pencaitland as Pencaitland & Ormiston; and in 2005 Tynecastle BC absorbed Tollcross Utd.

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It's all exciting stuff lol. A different excitement be different again next season I think premier league will be speaking so tight

Bonnyrigg seem to be the outstanding team, but if they go up then there could easily be 8 or more clubs looking to win the thing. 

37 minutes ago, marcelo said:

Conference c is certainly heating up imo there is still 4 challenging for the title with Camelon jeanfield linlithgow and Broxburn  it will be a case of who wins the head to heads between them I think Broxburn will just pop it though

I think we are out of it. We've had a great season. Jeanfield are a good team but see how good they are lost at brox stI'll got linlithgow rose to play twice and camelon at Jeanfield. Chance for us to fInish 3rd

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think we are out of it. We've had a great season. Jeanfield are a good team but see how good they are lost at brox stI'll got linlithgow rose to play twice and camelon at Jeanfield. Chance for us to fInish 3rd

Never know if you win all you’re remaining games could be in with a shot 

40 minutes ago, marcelo said:

Conference c is certainly heating up imo there is still 4 challenging for the title with Camelon jeanfield linlithgow and Broxburn  it will be a case of who wins the head to heads between them I think Broxburn will just pop it though

From the fixtures left Broxburn shouldn't drop another point.  Not sure the same could be applied to Camelon, Linlithgow and Jeanfield.

Just now, marcelo said:

Never know if you win all you’re remaining games could be in with a shot 

I think brox would be lucky to lose 1 game i think they have 5 left. Although pressure might get to them I remember. I think it was 2003-2004 season we lost 5-1 @ home to sauchie a win would have won the title. We did win the title is think we drew last game or something so won the league ahead of whitburn 

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Broxburn's showing to date is proof of the old adage on winning your home games 'n beating the non-contenders. This has put them clear despite losing 2-0 at Jeanfield and 3-0 at Linlithgow.

The last ten minutes of the Broxburn-Linlithgow game, when it flipped from 2-3 to 4-3, may well be the decisive moment of the entire campaign. 

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I can't see them dropping points in any of their last 5.

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It's Broxburn's to lose, their only tricky one is away to St.Andrews.

Watched Broxburn all season.  It’s been tough going but they have put themselves in a good position but it’s far from finished.

If they can find the killer instinct from earlier in the season they have a great chance but it has been very nervy over the last 4/5 games.  Finishing with 4 away games makes it very tricky.  A long way to go until the fat lady sings.

Watched Broxburn all season.  It’s been tough going but they have put themselves in a good position but it’s far from finished.
 If they can find the killer instinct from earlier in the season they have a great chance but it has been very nervy over the last 4/5 games.  Finishing with 4 away games makes it very tricky.  A long way to go until the fat lady sings.

The league is done and dusted! Broxburn won’t drop anymore points!!![emoji106]

St Andrews and Preston have brought up their last game of the season, from April 20th to March 23rd, both having gone out of the King Cup:

https://www.eosfl.com/item.php?pg=matchlge&pd=1044&fsea=10&fcomp1=61&frt=all&fclub1=2119755208&it=6660

Having exited all the cups, as it stands this means Saints will finish their season 1 week early on April 13th, and Preston some 3 weeks on March 30th... on the other hand, it gives a boon to Heriot-Watt University and Blackburn, who will better know what is required for 5th & 6th.

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

St Andrews and Preston have brought up their last game of the season, from April 20th to March 23rd, both having gone out of the King Cup:

https://www.eosfl.com/item.php?pg=matchlge&pd=1044&fsea=10&fcomp1=61&frt=all&fclub1=2119755208&it=6660

Having exited all the cups, as it stands this means Saints will finish their season 1 week early on April 13th, and Preston some 3 weeks on March 30th... on the other hand, it gives a boon to Heriot-Watt University and Blackburn, who will better know what is required for 5th & 6th.

Preston will finish their season more than two months before many Juniors clubs typically have. The West Juniors finished last season on 15 June.

Only the one Conference game today: Jeanfield Swifts v St Andrews United

And its a big one for either side and their rivals for the Conference championship or Top 5/6 finish. Jeanfield have to keep winning to stay in the title race and will be the favourites having home field advantage.

A win for St Andrews gets them 6th placed. Draw or defeat and they stay in 8th. Which will dent their hopes of playing in next season's EoS Premier with such a hard end to the Conference campaign.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Jeanfield Swifts 2-3 St Andrews United

image.png.5b2f98ed070dbd8a9b0d0f8c2af2d8ac.png

Massive win for St Andrews! They had to really fight for it as Jeanfield clawed by back twice, only for a 3rd and final goal for St Andrews to prove decisive.

Massive dent in Jeanfield title challenge

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Massive dent in Jeanfield title challenge

Think that was already pretty well dented when you compared the run ins that Broxburn has compared to Jeanfield. Broxburn's toughest test on paper is St Andrews away. While Jeanfield still have Linlithgow (x2), Camelon and a Top 5 chasing Heriot-Watt (x2)