EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Some valid points about yesterday's match. Broxburn did make more guilt edged chances over the piece. I was just so impressed with Jeanfield's neat, intricate passing play and some of their players dribbling skills - great to watch. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish Broxburn no harm. Very hospitable club - and great pies to boot! 

Jeanfield are a good team but what's cost them this season is dropping points at home to Blackburn away at Edinburgh and at home to stirling uni. 

They haven't played.the big boys alright they hammered us butd they still have he rose to play twice and camelon at home I think he results in them games will show where they really are and how much they have to do next season 

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Huge day for Broxburn yesterday and the stars seems to be aligning nicely for them. Its theirs to lose. 

That said, that's three times I've saw them this season and I've yet to be impressed. We'll beaten by Camelon in the cup semi, linlithgow were the better team when Broxburn won 4-3, and Jeanfield were the better side yesterday. 

Broxburn may well drop points in the run in. 

Linlithgow were the better footballing side in the 4-3 game and had most of the possession, but Broxburn didn't win by luck. They won because, when they were 3-2 down with 10 minutes to go and they went on the attack, the Linlithgow defence wasn't up to it. The game could have gone either way, but Broxburn deserved the win for better finishing and better defending. They're a resilient side and with one foot in the play-offs I don't see them letting it slip.

33 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Some valid points about yesterday's match. Broxburn did make more guilt edged chances over the piece. I was just so impressed with Jeanfield's neat, intricate passing play and some of their players dribbling skills - great to watch. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish Broxburn no harm. Very hospitable club - and great pies to boot! 

No I agree with most of what you said - Jeanfield were excellent and a very good football side.  Broxburn have changed their style of play and are much more direct.  Just thought on chances created yesterday they deserved it.

In the top 5 race - expect Heriot Watt to get to 32 points with wins over Edinburgh Utd and IHS. If that happens St Andrews are out unless they pick up two points against one of the top 3 teams and beat Ormiston/Preston. Blackburn need three wins and a better goal difference to go ahead of HWU.

Preston might not get anything from their first three, leaving them needing a win from one of their last two games as their goal difference will surely be worse than HWU.

Linlithgow and Jeanfield were only leading 1-0 late in their games, while Broxburn won 2-1 against 10-man St Andrews, so it shows nothing can be taken for granted in this title race.

Jeanfield v St Andrews next week shaping-up a vital game for both.

Blackburn did the business but the rest of the top 5 or 6 contenders lost.

11 minutes ago, baker2 said:

Good result for the champs Broxburn!!emoji106.png

Really good first half performance from Broxburn and should have made the points safe but missed an early second half penalty.

After that they struggled badly even against the 10 men of St Andrew’s.  Three points obtained so onto the next game but this Conference is far from over.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Would be a tough ask. 6th in Conference A is on 31 pts, 6th in Conference B is on 30 pts. Blackburn are currently on 26 pts and will max out at 35 pts.

Probably need two 6th Placed sides to be used.

It's all exciting stuff lol. A different excitement be different again next season I think premier league will be speaking so tight

Hoping that there is no truth in the rumours that Leith Athletic and Craigroyston will  merge at the end of the season.

Would be a great shame to lose an EoS club.
Saw that as well. I really think Leith have suffered from not playing in the Leith area instead playing in Meadowbank & Riccarton on secondary pitches.

If they do merge which league position would they take? I know in England mergers require the new club take the place of the lower tier team. Ofc this is moot if tier 7 is another transitional conference season.