EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I'm assuming there's no trophy for winning a conference?

Actually, each conference winner gets an award, but the EOS League trophy (one-time Premier Division trophy) goes to round-robin winner:

LTHV-PREMIER-14.jpg

From the same regulations as the round-robin info:

D. Award of Mementoes and Trophies
1. the champion of each division will receive a commemorative shield or memento; a trophy will be presented to the league champion to be held for one year

For completeness - currently redundant First Division trophy (right):

Cppy00VW8AAI_GA.jpg

Broxburn Athletic 3-2 Jeanfield Swifts
Heriot-Watt University 1-2 Preston Athletic
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-5 Camelon Juniors
Linlithgow Rose 3-3 Ormiston
St Andrews United 2-0 Edinburgh United
University of Stirling EoS 2-1 Craigroyston

image.png.87164f5be6382e8096c7e32dc6172b2a.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

10 minutes ago, baker2 said:

Congratulations to Broxburn for winning the conference!emoji106.pngemoji122.png

Good day for Broxburn but think you are talking nonsense.  Still a lot of football to be played.  Yes they are in the box seat but they finish the season with 4 away games.

Today could have gone either way and the last couple of away games against IHS and Edinburgh United they struggled big time.

Good day for Broxburn but think you are talking nonsense.  Still a lot of football to be played.  Yes they are in the box seat but they finish the season with 4 away games.
Today could have gone either way and the last couple of away games against IHS and Edinburgh United they struggled big time.

A think you know am right![emoji6]

Broxburn have still to play St Andrews home-n-away, Stirling University EOS home-n-away, plus Craigroyston and Ormiston both away. No guarantee of maximum points. Equally if Jeanfield and Linlithgow share-out points in their 2 encounters that'd help Broxburn immensely.

Incidentally:

Sat 29th Sep     Ormiston 1-11 Linlithgow Rose
Sat 16th Feb     Linlithgow Rose 3-3 Ormiston

that's some turnaround in 4 months!

Edited by HibeeJibee

16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Broxburn have still to play St Andrews home-n-away, Stirling University EOS home-n-away, plus Craigroyston and Ormiston both away. No guarantee of maximum points. Equally if Jeanfield and Linlithgow share-out points in their 2 encounters that'd help Broxburn immensely.

Incidentally:

Doesn't Linlithgow play St Andrews twice aswell. Thats a tough run in for st andrews for aiming to finish 5th

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Doesn't Linlithgow play St Andrews twice aswell. Thats a tough run in for st andrews for aiming to finish 5th

St Andrews finish:

Sat 23rd Feb      Broxburn (A)
Sat 2nd Mar       Jeanfield (A)
Sat 9th Mar        Linlithgow (A)
Sat 16th Mar     Broxburn (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar     Ormiston (H)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr      Linlithgow (H)
Sat 20th Apr      Preston (H)

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

St Andrews finish:

Sat 23rd Feb      Broxburn (A)
Sat 2nd Mar       Jeanfield (A)
Sat 9th Mar        Linlithgow (A)
Sat 16th Mar     Broxburn (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar     Ormiston (H)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr      Linlithgow (H)
Sat 20th Apr      Preston (H)

Tough run in. Preston aswell even Ormiston with their improvement

Preston run-in:

Sat 23rd Feb          Jeanfield (H)
Sat 2nd Mar
Sat 9th Mar            Camelon (A)
Sat 16th Mar
- Tue 19th Mar     Camelon (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar         Blackburn (A)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr
Sat 20th Apr          St Andrews (A)

Heriot-Watt run-in:

Sat 23rd Feb          Camelon (A)
Sat 2nd Mar           Burntisland (A) - King Cup R2
Sat 9th Mar            Jeanfield (A)
Sat 16th Mar         Edinburgh Utd (A)
- Tue 19th Mar     Jeanfield (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar         Inverkeithing (A)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr
Sat 20th Apr           Camelon (H)

Tall order for Blackburn, nevertheless:

Sat 23rd Feb      Ormiston (H)
Sat 2nd Mar       Camelon (A) - King Cup R2
Sat 9th Mar
Sat 16th Mar     Linlithgow (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar     Preston (H)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr
Sat 20th Apr      Edinburgh Utd (A)

Edited by HibeeJibee

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Preston run-in:

Sat 23rd Feb          Jeanfield (H)
Sat 2nd Mar
Sat 9th Mar            Camelon (A)
Sat 16th Mar
- Tue 19th Mar     Camelon (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar         Blackburn (A)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr
Sat 20th Apr          St Andrews (A)

Heriot-Watt run-in:

Sat 23rd Feb          Camelon (A)
Sat 2nd Mar           Burntisland (A) - King Cup R2
Sat 9th Mar            Jeanfield (A)
Sat 16th Mar         Edinburgh Utd (A)
- Tue 19th Mar     Jeanfield (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar         Inverkeithing (A)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr
Sat 20th Apr           Camelon (H)

Tall order for Blackburn, nevertheless:

Sat 23rd Feb      Ormiston (H)
Sat 2nd Mar       Camelon (A) - King Cup R2
Sat 9th Mar
Sat 16th Mar     Linlithgow (H)
Sat 23rd Mar
Sat 30th Mar     Preston (H)
Sat 6th Apr
Sat 13th Apr
Sat 20th Apr      Edinburgh Utd (A)

If blackburn took 9 points from their games they have a chance

It's Broxburn's to lose. They can lose it, but they shouldn't, and I don't think they will. If Linlithgow don't win every game Broxburn can afford to lose one of their matches.

IMO today is Rose's most painful result since losing to Banks O'Dee in the big Scottish 18 months ago.

10 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You're absolutely right Alan. With 5 of our remaining 7 games against teams in the top 3 we're going to need to create a couple of upsets to have a chance.

I really hope results go our way and we can set up a winner takes all game against Preston on the last day of the season.

As for the top I can't see Broxburn dropping too many points from here. Definitely theirs to lose.

Huge day for Broxburn yesterday and the stars seems to be aligning nicely for them. Its theirs to lose. 

That said, that's three times I've saw them this season and I've yet to be impressed. We'll beaten by Camelon in the cup semi, linlithgow were the better team when Broxburn won 4-3, and Jeanfield were the better side yesterday. 

Broxburn may well drop points in the run in. 

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Incidentally:

As I said Broxburn are in the box seat but this is far from over.  There are two things that worry me. One is we finish with four away games and two we play two teams twice.  If we win the home games comfortably then there is a real danger of complacency setting in for the away games as I think happened to Lithgae yesterday.    It has happened a couple of times this season and only Broxburns knack of scoring late goals has prevented them dropping points to teams near the foot of the table.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Huge day for Broxburn yesterday and the stars seems to be aligning nicely for them. Its theirs to lose. 

That said, that's three times I've saw them this season and I've yet to be impressed. We'll beaten by Camelon in the cup semi, linlithgow were the better team when Broxburn won 4-3, and Jeanfield were the better side yesterday. 

Broxburn may well drop points in the run in. 

Broxburn were poor against Camelon in the cup but there wasn’t much between them and Linlithgow - both sides missed good chances so could have gone either way.  Yesterday though I thought they deserved the win.

Technically - Jeanfield are the best side I’ve seen this season but you would expect that from a Team provided 5 Scotland futsal internationalists.  However in terms of chances Broxburn could have been 4-1 up at halftime as they missed 3 gilt edged chances in the first half and scored what looked like a perfectly good goal just before they scored the winner.  Yes there was a player offside but he was nowhere near the ball.

What has impressed me has been the fact that they are a very small squad and have had to cope with numerous injuries this season.

Yesterday was the first time since the beginning of the season they had anything near like a full squad since the first day of the season.  They have battled hard with unfit players and players playing out of position.

Maybe the stars are aligning but that would be unusual for Broxburn so I still have the fear in me.

55 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Broxburn were poor against Camelon in the cup but there wasn’t much between them and Linlithgow - both sides missed good chances so could have gone either way.  Yesterday though I thought they deserved the win.

Technically - Jeanfield are the best side I’ve seen this season but you would expect that from a Team provided 5 Scotland futsal internationalists.  However in terms of chances Broxburn could have been 4-1 up at halftime as they missed 3 gilt edged chances in the first half and scored what looked like a perfectly good goal just before they scored the winner.  Yes there was a player offside but he was nowhere near the ball.

What has impressed me has been the fact that they are a very small squad and have had to cope with numerous injuries this season.

Yesterday was the first time since the beginning of the season they had anything near like a full squad since the first day of the season.  They have battled hard with unfit players and players playing out of position.

Maybe the stars are aligning but that would be unusual for Broxburn so I still have the fear in me.

Some valid points about yesterday's match. Broxburn did make more guilt edged chances over the piece. I was just so impressed with Jeanfield's neat, intricate passing play and some of their players dribbling skills - great to watch. 

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish Broxburn no harm. Very hospitable club - and great pies to boot!