EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

11 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe @HibeeJibee can tell us the last time an EOS game was postponed due to international call-ups?

I've been to a few Scotland futsal internationals (one in Perth at the Bell Centre), it's a decent game to watch not dissimilar to 5's.  That said we're still novices and will get humped in all three games probably.

55 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe @HibeeJibee can tell us the last time an EOS game was postponed due to international call-ups?

Guessing... never :lol:?

Unis will have juggled games around over the years - maybe back in the day some were cancelled outright, it's possible. Doubt enough ever turned out for (old) Scotland Amateurs.

EDIT: Modern players have gone soft anyway: third and final qualifier is 5pm on Friday 1st February so that gives them over 21 hours to get back from Bosnia to Perth... ;)...

Headlines you thought you'd never see #123... East of Scotland League game cancelled as club have too many players called-up for the national team.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Scotland Futsal's games in the Preliminary Qualifying Tournament for the Futsal World Cup 2020 in Lithuania are as follows. All games are at the Zenica Arena in Bosnia-Herzegovina. I think kickoffs are BST:

Tuesday 29th January ... 8pm ... Turkey Futsal v Scotland Futsal
Wednesday 30th January ... 8pm... Bosnia-Herzegovina Futsal v Scotland Futsal
Thursday 31st January ... no game
Friday 1st February ... 5pm ... Switzerland Futsal v Scotland Futsal

There are 32 teams in the PQT drawn in 8 groups of 4, each hosted by a participant. Top 2 in each progress to the Main Qualifying Tournament where they join 16 seeds with the same format (8 groups of 4). Top 2 in each progress to the Elite Qualifying Tournament (4 groups of 4) from which the 4 group winners, and 2 playoff winners for runners-up, qualify for FWC 2020.

EDIT: Here's the Scotland Futsal squad - there are 2 Heriot-Watt Uni players too but I don't think they play much/at all for their EOSL side. Tayport has 1 man involved.

Dx48QzKUwAAemke.jpg:large

Edited by HibeeJibee

Scotland Futsal succumbed 4-3 to the Turks, with a brace from McLaren and a goal from Yates, both of Jeanfield.

Bosnia-Herzegovina thrashed the Swiss 7-1.

Scotland face the Bosnians today - a loss coupled with a Turkish win would see them eliminated with 1 game to spare.

Switzerland 3-2 Turkey was a good result for Scotland Futsal... Bosnia-Herzegovina 10-1 Scotland Futsal was not.

Any qualification hope now rests on Scotland beating Switzerland by at least 3 goals, and the hosts continuing their rampant form by beating Turkey by at least 7 goals (or add an extra Scotland goal for every Bosnian goal you delete). Realistically that's an outside shot.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:55, HibeeJibee said:

Scotland Futsal's games in the Preliminary Qualifying Tournament for the Futsal World Cup 2020 in Lithuania are as follows. All games are at the Zenica Arena in Bosnia-Herzegovina. I think kickoffs are BST:

Tuesday 29th January ... 8pm ... Turkey Futsal v Scotland Futsal
Wednesday 30th January ... 8pm... Bosnia-Herzegovina Futsal v Scotland Futsal
Thursday 31st January ... no game
Friday 1st February ... 5pm ... Switzerland Futsal v Scotland Futsal

There are 32 teams in the PQT drawn in 8 groups of 4, each hosted by a participant. Top 2 in each progress to the Main Qualifying Tournament where they join 16 seeds with the same format (8 groups of 4). Top 2 in each progress to the Elite Qualifying Tournament (4 groups of 4) from which the 4 group winners, and 2 playoff winners for runners-up, qualify for FWC 2020.

EDIT: Here's the Scotland Futsal squad - there are 2 Heriot-Watt Uni players too but I don't think they play much/at all for their EOSL side. Tayport has 1 man involved.

Dx48QzKUwAAemke.jpg:large

Genuine question - how is a professional players allowed to be signed/associated to another SFA affiliated club.  Would this not be similar to playing for 2 teams and therefore a protest?

Pretty sure I wouldn't be happy if a signed player of Linlithgow was to get himself injured whilst playing futsal for another club.

Edited by Auld Heid

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Genuine question - how is a professional players allowed to be signed/associated to another SFA affiliated club.  Would this not be similar to playing for 2 teams and therefore a protest?

Pretty sure I wouldn't be happy if a signed player of Linlithgow was to get himself injured whilst playing futsal for another club.

Many Futsal players around the world play the 11-a-side game for clubs as well as Futsal.

In England, you can be signed for two different 11-a-side clubs.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Many Futsal players around the world play the 11-a-side game for clubs as well as Futsal.

In England, you can be signed for two different 11-a-side clubs.

But surely not at a professional level?   We are paying wages as I assume are Jeanfield - a contract which entitles a player to a weekly wage.  Add on discipline - if a player is suspended etc etc.

You don't see Mo Salah playing for Liverpool, Futsal and Brentford. 

I know at lower levels in England you can play Saturday and Sunday teams. 

Think it's OK as it's not 11-aside.

Incidentally you can play for different Saturday + Sunday amateurs here, IIRC?
Fair enough Saturday/Sunday amateurs that's always happened.

But under professional rules I'm surprised it's allowed to happen.

Certainly wouldn't be paying wages to a player injured playing futsal.

Hey ho

On 16/01/2019 at 00:35, Jabaroot said:

It's a pity all the clubs in the East Region hadn't gone to sleep when Dalkeith & Blackburn intimated their intentions of joining the almost defunct East of Scotland Seniors. I have never witnessed so much dross football in my life with so many teams no better than glorified amateurs. Keep being told how gd things will be from nxt season. Think alot of clubs will be wishing they'd stayed put. Apart from the good of producing a fixture list, this in my opinion has put football in the east back 20 or 30 yrs. Scottish Junior Cup days were special. There certainly isn't alot to get excited abt nowadays.

Spot on

On 20/01/2019 at 11:10, Burnie_man said:

Four of our last five games are very winnable, whether we do that is another matter but if we can then we're in with a wee chance of 5th, looking at the run-ins of those around us.

Fancy a wee name change bet on it? 

Finish 5th and I’ll change my username to anything you want.