EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

41 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Doubt Whitburn will move. Last season they didn't learn their lesson from not joining the Superleague in 2002 so its likely they never will.

Aye I was being a bit optimistic mentioning them!

Problem is, the SJFA/ERJFA are filling their heads with this "done deal tier 6" shite, however people should be capable of looking beyond that and seeing that nothing will change in the league, which will remain Tayside top heavy.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Doubt Whitburn will move. Last season they didn't learn their lesson from not joining the Superleague in 2002 so its likely they never will.

Is that the same Whitburn that got relegated last season but took the bold step to jump 2 leagues to the Superleague and currently sit second in the Superleague?

Bathgate must now be the new Whitburn with their decision not to go to the Superleague.

7 minutes ago, PatP said:

Is that the same Whitburn that got relegated last season but took the bold step to jump 2 leagues to the Superleague and currently sit second in the Superleague?

Bathgate must now be the new Whitburn with their decision not to go to the Superleague.

its only the super league its not the EOSFL they are in

19 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

It's a pity all the clubs in the East Region hadn't gone to sleep when Dalkeith & Blackburn intimated their intentions of joining the almost defunct East of Scotland Seniors. I have never witnessed so much dross football in my life with so many teams no better than glorified amateurs. Keep being told how gd things will be from nxt season. Think alot of clubs will be wishing they'd stayed put. Apart from the good of producing a fixture list, this in my opinion has put football in the east back 20 or 30 yrs. Scottish Junior Cup days were special. There certainly isn't alot to get excited abt nowadays.

How are the brontosaurus mate? 

21 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

It's a pity all the clubs in the East Region hadn't gone to sleep when Dalkeith & Blackburn intimated their intentions of joining the almost defunct East of Scotland Seniors. I have never witnessed so much dross football in my life with so many teams no better than glorified amateurs. Keep being told how gd things will be from nxt season. Think alot of clubs will be wishing they'd stayed put. Apart from the good of producing a fixture list, this in my opinion has put football in the east back 20 or 30 yrs. Scottish Junior Cup days were special. There certainly isn't alot to get excited abt nowadays.

Hi Davie... 

4 hours ago, Gimme said:
6 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:
 Broxburn beat them 3-0 last year at Albyn Park and lost 3-0 at NDP.   They had a few suspension for the game at Broxburn and Broxburn with a full squad turned up that night.  I suspect the same will have to apply if it is to be repeated.

That was the game after our defeat to Beith in the Scottish where we had 5 sent off, think we scored a 90th minute consolation. That said Broxburn hasn't been a happy hunting ground for Bonnyrigg over the last few years, December 2015 was the last time we won there.

Yes I remember they had some suspended but didn’t know it was as many.  

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Seeing as I drive through Coupar Angus twice a day on my daily commute, I should pay them a visit in the near future! So far the poorest team I've seen this season was Fort William, I bet that will change.

The Fort William team I saw at Linlithgow Rose in the Scottish Cup this season were much better than the Inverkeithing team I saw lose 10-0 to us in their first-ever league match, or the Ormiston team that Rose beat 11-1. Unless I saw them on a very bad day - and results suggest it wasn't atypical -  I'd rank Coupar Angus below all of them. The pitch was the worst I've seen in senior or junior football in years, and genuinely, there were more people on the pitch and in the dug-outs than watching it.

But I'd never call a club "dross" (unless I was winding someone up); a town the size of Coupar Angus should have a football club, and the officials running it are doing far more for Scottish football than our friend who posted earlier, sitting on his/her backside passing judgement on the internet. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

The Fort William team I saw at Linlithgow Rose in the Scottish Cup this season were much better than the Inverkeithing team I saw lose 10-0 to us in their first-ever league match, or the Ormiston team that Rose beat 11-1. Unless I saw them on a very bad day - and results suggest it wasn't atypical -  I'd rank Coupar Angus below all of them. The pitch was the worst I've seen in senior or junior football in years, and genuinely, there were more people on the pitch and in the dug-outs than watching it.

But I'd never call a club "dross" (unless I was winding someone up); a town the size of Coupar Angus should have a football club, and the officials running it are doing far more for Scottish football than our friend who posted earlier, sitting on his/her backside passing judgement on the internet. 

Agreed, I've got lots of respect for the hard working volunteers who keep "poor" clubs alive despite the challenges they face. That's the case for Fort William, Inverkeithing, Coupar Angus and so on. These people are the unsung heroes of Scottish football AND often their local communities as well. Dismissing any of them as "dross" is disrespectful. They have as much of a place in Scottish football as bigger clubs.

It’s not that long ago that Hurlford Utd we’re bottom of the Ayrshire leagues with no points and a goal difference like FortWilliams.  It’s the possibility that your day will come that keeps these clubs going.
Hurlford are a classic example of buying success in the short-term they were successful now just part of the pack.

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Preston were on a mean run of form, but in last 2 games lost at Craigroyston and drew at home to Stirling University EOS.

Heriot-Watt and St Andrews both within striking distance of 5th now.

Don't rule out Blackburn who could easily win four of their last five games.

True, though obviously they're 5pts behind Preston having played 2 games more and on the same points as Heriot-Watt and only 1pt ahead of St Andrews who both have 4 games-in-hand, so it's long-shot to prevail over them all.

Still nothing between the sides at the top of the conference - with Broxburn on 39pts, Linlithgow on 36pts with 1 game-in-hand and Jeanfield on 33pts with 2 games-in-hand.

Camelon solid in 4th.

14 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Don't rule out Blackburn who could easily win four of their last five games.

Four of our last five games are very winnable, whether we do that is another matter but if we can then we're in with a wee chance of 5th, looking at the run-ins of those around us.