EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

They are all pretty close, with maybe Broxburn and Linlithgow shading it.  What I'm certain of is that Bonnyrigg wont lose too much sleep over facing any in the play-offs.

It's a pity all the clubs in the East Region hadn't gone to sleep when Dalkeith & Blackburn intimated their intentions of joining the almost defunct East of Scotland Seniors. I have never witnessed so much dross football in my life with so many teams no better than glorified amateurs. Keep being told how gd things will be from nxt season. Think alot of clubs will be wishing they'd stayed put. Apart from the good of producing a fixture list, this in my opinion has put football in the east back 20 or 30 yrs. Scottish Junior Cup days were special. There certainly isn't alot to get excited abt nowadays.

It's a pity all the clubs in the East Region hadn't gone to sleep when Dalkeith & Blackburn intimated their intentions of joining the almost defunct East of Scotland Seniors. I have never witnessed so much dross football in my life with so many teams no better than glorified amateurs. Keep being told how gd things will be from nxt season. Think alot of clubs will be wishing they'd stayed put. Apart from the good of producing a fixture list, this in my opinion has put football in the east back 20 or 30 yrs. Scottish Junior Cup days were special. There certainly isn't alot to get excited abt nowadays.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Other than missing the Scottish there is no great difference this season in the overall entertainment value.

Going forward there is at least potential which is more than was on offer in the ERSJFA which was regressing year on year.

I wasn't a fan of the pyramid either - still realised it was a better option than we had - the proof being how many clubs felt moving was their only option going forwards.

Sometimes we need to look forwards no matter our own views.

8 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

This is a really backwards looking view for me Jaba. This season is not going to be great but you will be in with the top teams from next season, a wee bit of long term thinking would not go amiss surely? Kelty had plenty of games last season where we steamrolled teams but now we are being challenged every week even from the lower placed teams. Longer term the move was the only sensible option surely?

9 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

Stop talking shite. How many different names have you got

9 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

In my opinion I think the EOSFL got it spot on with the Conferences. Yes there's been some heavy defeats but you will also find them in the juniors & amateurs, it happens at all levels of football. What has made this season so special for the vast majority of clubs in the EOSFL is the opportunity to face clubs whom they might only face once in a blue moon in cups if ever. This season has also given all these clubs a little taste / experience of the higher level. Not forgetting almost all clubs playing in front of bigger crowds at some points of this season. In my opinion this season will give all clubs the drive and determination to improve on field and off, as has already started with many improving facilities be it for licensing or because it's the right thing to do for spectators as I believe all are. The more clubs who can gain their SFA licence the better and should help make for a more competitive  pyramid structure from top to bottom. 

As for excitement well there's clubs in all 3 conferences battling for titles, top 5 places and a good few cups still up for grabs. I personally think it's been brilliant. 

Ps included is att spreadsheet where I believe all clubs will have highest att in 3 figures by season end, showing all clubs benefit this season. 

IMG_20190116_103146.JPG

11 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

Tripe ! I suspect you are on your own with these views.

20 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I think there is nothing between the top 4 in this conference.  They all have the ability to beat each other.  I think Linlithgow are probably the most consistent after their early season blip which probably makes them favourites.  Come the playoffs if any of the 3 teams who will contest it turn up they will give the A and B conference sides a real good game.  However Bonnyrigg are still the team to beat.

As Auld Heid said, Linlithgow's defence is too inconsistent to make them favourites. Losing from 3-2 with 10 minutes to go, with a stiff wind at your back, is not great. Rose looked vulnerable at every set piece too. I've not seen Jeanfield this season so I can't comment on who ought to be favourites - Rose have the team to flatten weaker sides, but given we have a win and a defeat against each of Broxburn and Camelon, I think we'll go into the two Jeanfield matches with hope rather than expectation.

If Bonnyrigg are as good as they were last season, no-one in Conference C will lay a glove on them. My only hope would be that there's a terrible spell of weather and they have a big fixture backlog that leaves them tired for the play-offs. That's how Rose beat them at NDP the season before last.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

As Auld Heid said, Linlithgow's defence is too inconsistent to make them favourites. Losing from 3-2 with 10 minutes to go, with a stiff wind at your back, is not great. Rose looked vulnerable at every set piece too. I've not seen Jeanfield this season so I can't comment on who ought to be favourites - Rose have the team to flatten weaker sides, but given we have a win and a defeat against each of Broxburn and Camelon, I think we'll go into the two Jeanfield matches with hope rather than expectation.

If Bonnyrigg are as good as they were last season, no-one in Conference C will lay a glove on them. My only hope would be that there's a terrible spell of weather and they have a big fixture backlog that leaves them tired for the play-offs. That's how Rose beat them at NDP the season before last.

Bonnyrigg still in the cups. Linlithgow only have league and Kings cup left

It's funny how junior fans still mention the "dross" in the EOS like there is no dross in the juniors. Just to remind people, one result in the ERJFA League Cup in the weekend was Broughty Athletic 18-0 Coupar Angus. Just like I won't judge all the juniors based on the poor standard of Coupar Angus, you can't judge the EOS based on Tweedmouth, Inverkeithing etc. If there is a proper pyramid  of what's now "junior" and "senior" non-league, these teams will be in the lowest tier. And there is nothing wrong with that. Let them just play football at the level that's right for them, and let the same apply to Blackburn United, Linlithgow Rose, Kelty Hearts, but also the likes of Arbroath, Ayr United and Hearts for example. That's the point of a pyramid.

13 hours ago, Jabaroot said:

Plenty of dross football from your own team. Doubt you'd be complaining so much if you weren't out of two cups by mid-August and then pumped by four goals in your next two cup ties. Shame the games in the Scottish Cup against Beith and South Challenge Cup against East Stirlingshire didn't get you excited.

Oh and mind naming some clubs that would be wishing they'd stayed put?

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Just to remind people, one result in the ERJFA League Cup in the weekend was Broughty Athletic 18-0 Coupar Angus. 

I've seen Coupar Angus this season, I caught the second half when they lost 9-1 at home to Lochee Harp. They are the worst senior or junior team I've ever seen. If they were in an EOS conference they would get at least half a dozen double-digit defeats in the season.

The only reason there are mismatches in the EoS is because everyone got to join at the same level, in an extraordinary act of self-sacrifice by the original 13 EoS clubs. It takes an impressive level of denial to ignore this and slag it off for having one-sided games.

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've seen Coupar Angus this season, I caught the second half when they lost 9-1 at home to Lochee Harp. They are the worst senior or junior team I've ever seen. If they were in an EOS conference they would get at least half a dozen double-digit defeats in the season.

The only reason there are mismatches in the EoS is because everyone got to join at the same level, in an extraordinary act of self-sacrifice by the original 13 EoS clubs. It takes an impressive level of denial to ignore this and slag it off for having one-sided games.

Seeing as I drive through Coupar Angus twice a day on my daily commute, I should pay them a visit in the near future! So far the poorest team I've seen this season was Fort William, I bet that will change.

2 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Next years premier EoS will basically be a return to the old John Walker League. Those who loved the old juniors will much prefer that to the Super League which was fast becoming the Tayside League.

That's why the remaining WL Junior clubs have a decision to make before 31st March, particularly the likes of Whitburn, Fauldhouse and Pumpherston. Plough on in the Superleague with big travel and small crowds, or take a season in the EoS at tier 7 and see if they can get in amongst the EoS Premier at the first attempt which is a far more sensible place for them to be. 

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Broxburn beat them 3-0 last year at Albyn Park and lost 3-0 at NDP.   They had a few suspension for the game at Broxburn and Broxburn with a full squad turned up that night.  I suspect the same will have to apply if it is to be repeated.

Broxburn beat them 3-0 last year at Albyn Park and lost 3-0 at NDP.   They had a few suspension for the game at Broxburn and Broxburn with a full squad turned up that night.  I suspect the same will have to apply if it is to be repeated.
That was the game after our defeat to Beith in the Scottish where we had 5 sent off, think we scored a 90th minute consolation. That said Broxburn hasn't been a happy hunting ground for Bonnyrigg over the last few years, December 2015 was the last time we won there.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

That's why the remaining WL Junior clubs have a decision to make before 31st March, particularly the likes of Whitburn, Fauldhouse and Pumpherston. Plough on in the Superleague with big travel and small crowds, or take a season in the EoS at tier 7 and see if they can get in amongst the EoS Premier at the first attempt which is a far more sensible place for them to be. 

Doubt Whitburn will move. Last season they didn't learn their lesson from not joining the Superleague in 2002 so its likely they never will.

Edited by Skipper