EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

Another thumping win for Preston tonight lifts them into 4th - and they go into their 2 next games against Craigroyston and Stirling University EOS on a good run of form. After that they face a tougher run with Broxburn, St Andrews, Heriot-Watt Uni, Jeanfield and Camelon. They've already played Linlithgow twice.

Perhaps as interesting is whether or not Heriot-Watt Uni can keep with the pace. They face Linlithgow and Blackburn, then Ormiston, before Preston, Camelon and Jeanfield, in what looks a harder program. They've already met Broxburn twice.

Edited by HibeeJibee

After yesterday’s win for Broxburn it’s now a 3 horse race and really the only conference that has a title race.  Too close to call with probably Linlithgow favourites (best goal difference),  Broxburn second favourites (only got 1 game left v top 3, but worst goal difference and Jeanfield 3rd (worse goal difference than Linlithgow and 3 games to play against top 3).  All have it in their own hands, but Broxburn would have to drastically improve their goal difference to catch Lithgae.

There are also a number of games they will also have to play against the rest of the conference teams under some pressure now as every point is a prisoner for these 3 from now on.

Every game will have the feeling of a cup game with winning is the main thing.

A real pot boiler so to speak and a great way to start life in the seniors for these 3 teams.  

Finally a Big shout out to the large travelling support from Linlithgow yesterday who made for a great atmosphere in probably the game of the season so far in Conference C. Had more twists than a hangman’s noose.

Jeanfield are the best team I've seen in the EoS this season, they utterly humiliated Camelon at Carmuirs but seem to have the nasty habit of dropping silly points against the lower down teams, wouldn't surprise me if they end up with the best record in the top 3 mini league but still don't win the league.

Although obviously I'll be rooting for them to win the league!

Penicuik are in a strong position, but given Hill of Beath have 2 games-in-hand and have still to visit Penicuik it's very much alive.

However, by the same token HoB have to play Newtongrange twice, whereas Penicuik's only match against 3rd/4th is a home game v Musselburgh.

2 hours ago, drs said:

Jeanfield are the best team I've seen in the EoS this season, they utterly humiliated Camelon at Carmuirs but seem to have the nasty habit of dropping silly points against the lower down teams, wouldn't surprise me if they end up with the best record in the top 3 mini league but still don't win the league.

Although obviously I'll be rooting for them to win the league!

Your basing it on one game. Could have been honking every other game so they'll win it

On 13/01/2019 at 13:34, HibeeJibee said:

Penicuik are in a strong position, but given Hill of Beath have 2 games-in-hand and have still to visit Penicuik it's very much alive.

However, by the same token HoB have to play Newtongrange twice, whereas Penicuik's only match against 3rd/4th is a home game v Musselburgh.

Broxburn played Penicuik a couple of weeks back.  Can’t see them not finishing top of Conference A.  HoB have done really well but will come up short.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:48, AlanCamelonfan said:

Your basing it on one game. Could have been honking every other game so they'll win it

Aye. cos I've seen them once - I've also seen Broxburn and the Miniscule Rose play the same team and put in lesser performances.

Next time I'll get in Concorde and fly between every match all of the teams play just to make you happy before proffering my own humble opinion! :lol:

2 hours ago, drs said:

Aye. cos I've seen them once - I've also seen Broxburn and the Miniscule Rose play the same team and put in lesser performances.

Next time I'll get in Concorde and fly between every match all of the teams play just to make you happy before proffering my own humble opinion! :lol:

What's your dig at camelon. Last few posts at camelon you've had a dig

What dig?

You are seeing things that arent there.

In plain English - I have seen Jeanfield, Broxburn and the Miniscule Rose play Camelon this season - once for each team. Of those four teams Jeanfield have put in by far the best performance I have witnessed in the conference.

Followed by Broxburn, Camelon, Wee Rose in that order. That is my opinion, its not a fact and its not a "dig"

1 hour ago, drs said:

What dig?

You are seeing things that arent there.

In plain English - I have seen Jeanfield, Broxburn and the Miniscule Rose play Camelon this season - once for each team. Of those four teams Jeanfield have put in by far the best performance I have witnessed in the conference.

Followed by Broxburn, Camelon, Wee Rose in that order. That is my opinion, its not a fact and its not a "dig"

You slated camelon saying they were never anywhere near the league title. Had we beat the rose we would have been right in the mix. 

"slated" ????????? , seriously? For thinking that Camelon havent been in the title race! I dont think they have been in it, I'd expect Broxburn to finish ahead of them and have thought that since they played earlier in the season at Carmuirs.

I've been consistent since last season, I didnt think then, and said so,  when the move was announced with the original 12 forward thinkers that there was any chance of Camelon winning the league this season as there was no way they were going to catch up a 28 point gap to Bonnyrigg. When other teams moved and the three conferences were set up that viewpoint didnt change once the leagues were decided as again I didnt think there was any chance that Camelon would close a 24 point gap on Linlithgow and was suspect that they would close an 8 point gap on Broxburn.

And whilst the Wee Rose have clearly gone backwards from last season I dont think they have gone that far backeards, even if the Mariners had beaten the Mediocre Rose then I still dont think they would have been in the mix - I think Broxburn are a better team. 

I've not thought at any point that Camelon would win this conference, thats not slating - thats offering an honest opinion based on past and current performance. You are looking through glasses that are exceptionally rose tinted and seeing an agenda that isnt there.

Edited by drs

47 minutes ago, drs said:

"slated" ????????? , seriously? For thinking that Camelon havent been in the title race! I dont think they have been in it, I'd expect Broxburn to finish ahead of them and have thought that since they played earlier in the season at Carmuirs.

I've been consistent since last season, I didnt think then, and said so,  when the move was announced with the original 12 forward thinkers that there was any chance of Camelon winning the league this season as there was no way they were going to catch up a 28 point gap to Bonnyrigg. When other teams moved and the three conferences were set up that viewpoint didnt change once the leagues were decided as again I didnt think there was any chance that Camelon would close a 24 point gap on Linlithgow and was suspect that they would close an 8 point gap on Broxburn.

And whilst the Wee Rose have clearly gone backwards from last season I dont think they have gone that far backeards, even if the Mariners had beaten the Mediocre Rose then I still dont think they would have been in the mix - I think Broxburn are a better team. 

I've not thought at any point that Camelon would win this conference, thats not slating - thats offering an honest opinion based on past and current performance. You are looking through glasses that are exceptionally rose tinted and seeing an agenda that isnt there.

Having seen Broxburntwice the two league games we also beat them up their in alex jack. In the two games I did see i felt we didn't turn up and weren't a better side other than 2nd game. First game we were bad but brox weren't much better. We well beat the rose at carmuirs. Again didn't turn up at the rose. We have more than closed the gap on the rose. We are doing well in the cups. We are vastly better than last season. We are better than Broxburn bl they might finish above us. They've turned up for their big games that is only difference so far

Having seen all the games involving Blackburn and the top 4 I'd pretty much agree with drs. The 4 are well clear of the chasing pack but I'd rate Camelon 4th on what I've seen. Jeanfield were excellent, even with 10 men, and I could see them capable of notching up a winner against broxburn or Linlithgow. However, both those 2 looked pretty good quality outfits unlikely to drop many points out with the top 4.

47 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Having seen all the games involving Blackburn and the top 4 I'd pretty much agree with drs. The 4 are well clear of the chasing pack but I'd rate Camelon 4th on what I've seen. Jeanfield were excellent, even with 10 men, and I could see them capable of notching up a winner against broxburn or Linlithgow. However, both those 2 looked pretty good quality outfits unlikely to drop many points out with the top 4.

I think there is nothing between the top 4 in this conference.  They all have the ability to beat each other.  I think Linlithgow are probably the most consistent after their early season blip which probably makes them favourites.  Come the playoffs if any of the 3 teams who will contest it turn up they will give the A and B conference sides a real good game.  However Bonnyrigg are still the team to beat.

11 hours ago, drs said:

Concorde! And you'll be driving to the airport in your Sinclair C5.

I have driven a Sinclair C5 in my time. Top of the range motors in Bo'ness.

They are all pretty close, with maybe Broxburn and Linlithgow shading it.  What I'm certain of is that Bonnyrigg wont lose too much sleep over facing any in the play-offs.
Linlithgow's biggest danger are themselves.

Unfortunately our defence undone all the hard work. 3-2 with ten minutes left there should only be one winner.