EoS Conference C chat 2018-19

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 00:56, Raydale Grannie said:

I know someone who was involved at Stirling University. He reckons the current manager of the EoS team is Alan Morgan, according to my source he says the first manager of the uni in EoS after start of the LL will Alan Taylor, he was in fact first team manager when the uni won the EoS title.

Great work RG - many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hats off to Jeanfield and Broxburn for earlier deciding to bring forward today's game 30mins to 1:30pm ko.

Having been delayed 30-40mins for bad injury (ambulance needed) it thus finished instead of likely being abandoned for darkness?

meg.png

Hopefully injured Broxburn striker isn't badly hurt.

Edited by HibeeJibee

• 3 weeks later...
Great game for my last match of 2018: Jeanfield 2-2 Blackburn
Blog here :https://www.kayemphoto.co.uk/blog/late-penalty-snatches-draw-for-swifts and photo gallery here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmtgKKJd

web_Jeanfield_v_Blackburn-31.thumb.jpg.80badf885bf72c0f6015454513d10c11.jpg
Good write-up, apart from both second goals came from free kicks, inc the non existent last kick of the ball penalty after the free kick taker ballooned the ball way over the bar.

Couple of very big weeks coming up for leaders Linlithgow against fellow contenders as they first host Camelon then travel to Broxburn - the other facing Blackburn both weeks.

1   Linlithgow      P11   30pts   +52

-------------------------------------
2   Jeanfield       P12   30pts   +43

3   Broxburn        P12   30pts   +32

4   Camelon         P11   24pts   +21

Jeanfield are without a game this Saturday then travel to Inverkeithing - they remain the only unbeaten side in the conference. At the end of March they visit Linlithgow on the groundhop.

|    Broxb.    |   Camelon    |    Jeanf.    |    Linlit    |

|              |              |              |              |

Jan 05  |  Blackb (A)  |  Linlit (A)  |     idle     |  Camelon(H)  |

Jan 12  |  Linlit (H)  |  Blackb (H)  |  Inverk (A)  |  Broxb. (A)  |

Jan 19  |  Ed Utd (A)  |  Kelty  (A)  |  Bonnyr (H)  |  HW Uni (H)  |  EQC R4

Jan 26  |  Preston(H)  |  St And (H)  |  Craigr (A)  |  St U E (A)  |
Feb 02  |  Dunip. (H)  |  LTHV   (A)  |  Ed Utd (H)  |  Inverk (H)  |

Feb 09  |  Inverk (A)  |  St U E (H)  |  St And (H)  |  Craigr (A)  |
Feb 16  |  Jeanf. (H)  |  Inverk (A)  |  Broxb. (A)  |  Ormist (H)  |
Feb 23  |  St And (H)  |  HW Uni (H)  |  Preston(A)  |  Ed Utd (A)  |
Mar 02  |  Dun/Col(H)  |  Blackb (H)  |  St And (A)  |  Tweedm (A)  |  KC R2
Mar 09  |  St U E (H)  |  Preston(H)  |  HW Uni (H)  |  St And (H)  |
Mar 16  |  St And (A)  |  Craigr (H)  |  Ormist (H)  |  Blackb (A)  |

Mar 23  |              |              |              |              |  KC R3

Mar 30  |  Ormist (A)  |  Ed Utd (H)  |  Linlit (A)  |  Jeanf. (H)  |

Apr 06  |              |              |              |              |

Apr 13  |              |              |              |              |  KC R4

Apr 20  |              |              |              |              |

dates  |  Craigr (A)  |  HW Uni (A)  |  Camel. (H)  |  Jeanf. (A)  |

tbc   |  St U E (A)  |  Jeanf. (A)  |  Linlit (H)  |  St And (A)  |

|              |  Ormist (A)  |  HW Uni (A)  |              |

|              |  Preston(A)  |              |              |

No surprise results today with all the favourites winning... Absolutely massive game at Broxburn next Saturday as they host Linlithgow. Camelon are now in a rather difficult position, as far as the title is concerned, having slid 9pts off the pace - indeed several teams are now breathing down their necks from behind, albeit having played more games.

Linlithgow  P12   33pts, +54
-----------------------------
Broxburn     P13   33pts, +33
Jeanfield      P12   30pts
Camelon      P12   24pts
Preston         P14   23pts
HW Univ      P14   22pts
Blackburn    P17   19pts
St Andrews P14   18pts

Preston could lift themselves above Camelon and into 4th win a win over Edinburgh Utd on Tuesday night.

I think the top 5 you see will be the top 5 come end of season.  Title between Linlithgow and Broxburn.
I wouldn't count us out yet Burnie though we have dropped silly points. Yes you held us at home last week but we did play nearly 70 minutes with 10 men

I wouldn't count us out yet Burnie though we have dropped silly points. Yes you held us at home last week but we did play nearly 70 minutes with 10 men
Agreed, I just think Linlithgow and Broxburn just have a wee bit extra. You can prove me wrong!

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
26 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

Agreed, I just think Linlithgow and Broxburn just have a wee bit extra. You can prove me wrong!

Next week is the big game Broxburn vs linlithgow 

No surprise results today with all the favourites winning... Absolutely massive game at Broxburn next Saturday as they host Linlithgow. Camelon are now in a rather difficult position, as far as the title is concerned, having slid 9pts off the pace - indeed several teams are now breathing down their necks from behind, albeit having played more games.

Linlithgow  P12   33pts, +54

Broxburn     P13   33pts, +33

Jeanfield      P12   30pts

Camelon      P12   24pts

Preston         P14   23pts

HW Univ      P14   22pts

Blackburn    P17   19pts

St Andrews P14   18pts

Preston could lift themselves above Camelon and into 4th win a win over Edinburgh Utd on Tuesday night.

It looks like Blackburn are looking to finish their season before March. Have they got a European tour planned? [emoji6]

And from what I’m lead to understand, Jeanfield only got a point from the game thanks to a truly outrageous penalty decision (that your Captain really should be ashamed of) almost five minutes into added time?    

15 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Camelon are now in a rather difficult position, as far as the title is concerned, having slid 9pts off the pace 

Camelon have never realistically been anywhere near the title . Out of the 5 games they have played against the top 3 they have picked up 3 points and were utterly bodied by Jeanfield at Carmuirs. They are too good for the former EOS and lower league Junior teams but they are still below the quality of the top teams. They'd be in exactly the same position in either of the other conferences - a step 2 team if you like.

Its possible they could win every league game from here on in but that still wouldn't be enough for the title imo. I cant see them finishing above third but I don't see them finishing any lower than 4th. 

1 hour ago, drs said:

Camelon have never realistically been anywhere near the title . Out of the 5 games they have played against the top 3 they have picked up 3 points and were utterly bodied by Jeanfield at Carmuirs. They are too good for the former EOS and lower league Junior teams but they are still below the quality of the top teams. They'd be in exactly the same position in either of the other conferences - a step 2 team if you like.

Its possible they could win every league game from here on in but that still wouldn't be enough for the title imo. I cant see them finishing above third but I don't see them finishing any lower than 

The way the fixtures came out made it seem that way lithgae have to play Jeanfield twice and brox and brox have to play Jeanfield so possibly one of the other teams could be same as us.

I felt we could have been up their but now no pressure of trying to keep up in the league just make sure finish top 5 and enjoy the cups