Bonnyrigg Rose a Junior appreciation

bravehearts dad

Hi guys,

Thought  I would have one final nostalgic reminisce of our time as a prominent Junior Football Club.

Records which may remain in the record/history books for many years to come.

1)  Record equalling score in Scottish Junior Cup Final. 6-1 against Whitburn in the replay in 1966

2) At the moment the only junior club to beat a Championship club in the big Scottish Cup. December 2016 1-0 victory away at Dumbarton.

3) The only 4 times East Region Super League winners in the 16years of the competition 2009, 2012, 2016 & 2018.

Remind us of your favourite match, favourite/best player, favourite/best goal.

C’mon the Rose

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Nope, sorry, going to have to hold you to your own lofty standard here, we can't be having hypocrisy .  Senior forum. 

Good luck to the east teams in there new adventure in m sure the west teams will be joining soon enough. The seething from East Ayrshire is incredible.

42 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Nope, sorry, going to have to hold you to your own lofty standard here, we can't be having hypocrisy .  Senior forum. 

Not hypocrisy it’s fact 16th June. We’ll be gone then with the above facts in our history/record book.

Always remember as a 9 year old, my dad taking me to the 1972 Junior Cup Final and the replay at Hampden as we lived just down the road.  Sitting up in the old North Stand.  It was really sunny and I thought the red and white hoops looked brilliant!

In more recent times it'll be the 2006/07 Junior Cup, the last time Neilston made the quarter finals.  After a 4th round 1-1 draw at Brig O'Lea, we won 3-0 in the replay at New Dundas Park.

All the best for the future. I'm very anti-pyramid; but Bonnyrigg are a club I'll be keeping an eye on really have the potential to do something going forward into the SFL.

Sorry to see you go though. My favourite ever game of football took place at New Dundas Park, a great junior venue.

1 hour ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Always remember as a 9 year old, my dad taking me to the 1972 Junior Cup Final and the replay at Hampden as we lived just down the road.  Sitting up in the old North Stand.  It was really sunny and I thought the red and white hoops looked brilliant!

In more recent times it'll be the 2006/07 Junior Cup, the last time Neilston made the quarter finals.  After a 4th round 1-1 draw at Brig O'Lea, we won 3-0 in the replay at New Dundas Park.

Wild stab in the dark here but are you LTOGC?

Ashfield away was amazing! That auld wooden stand was nearly flattened. But some of the best days have been Senior Scottish, Brechin away, Dumbarton away, Hibs at home (kind of) although Hibs gubbed us what an experience for the town. With this new move hopefully it will  open up these possibilities on a more frequent basis which can only be good.

Sad to leave but happy to be moving in the direction we are.

I think in the next few years we will all end up in the same place and friends and rivals at the same standard will meet again. Hopefully a national tournament under the SFL for non league would be great but 1 step at a time i suppose.

As i said in another forum, good luck to the teams in both associations.

"Oh The Rosey Posey" 

Juniors over and out....its been good knowing you....its not you its me blah blah blah

Oh, lastly, do we now need to refer to the users of this forum as "junior thicko`s" only kidding :thumsup2

11 minutes ago, Boomtown Boy said:

Ashfield away was amazing! That auld wooden stand was nearly flattened. But some of the best days have been Senior Scottish, Brechin away, Dumbarton away, Hibs at home (kind of) although Hibs gubbed us what an experience for the town. With this new move hopefully it will  open up these possibilities on a more frequent basis which can only be good.

Sad to leave but happy to be moving in the direction we are.

I think in the next few years we will all end up in the same place and friends and rivals at the same standard will meet again. Hopefully a national tournament under the SFL for non league would be great but 1 step at a time i suppose.

As i said in another forum, good luck to the teams in both associations.

"Oh The Rosey Posey" 

Juniors over and out....its been good knowing you....its not you its me blah blah blah

Oh, lastly, do we now need to refer to the users of this forum as "junior thicko`s" only kidding :thumsup2

Junior cup semi final at tynecastle 1978. Beat carnoustie 4-2,  and then the final 1-0 win against Stonehouse. What a turnout when the open top bus arrived back at Bonnyrigg. 5-1 cup win against Boness at Lithgy , cant remember the year but so many more.  

Maybe after a few seasons you will be remembering your titanic struggle down at Peebles,the five goal thriller at Heriott Watt,after a great promotion run who will forget the battles with Edusport and the immense rivalry with Cumbernauld Colts and edging out East Kilbride Bowling Green to lowland league glory.The achievements continue as we look forward to that talked about,world famous derby with Edinburgh City......oh the glory years.

4 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Maybe after a few seasons you will be remembering your titanic struggle down at Peebles,the five goal thriller at Heriott Watt,after a great promotion run who will forget the battles with Edusport and the immense rivalry with Cumbernauld Colts and edging out East Kilbride Bowling Green to lowland league glory.The achievements continue as we look forward to that talked about,world famous derby with Edinburgh City......oh the glory years.

:thumsup2:thumsup2

9 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Good luck to the east teams in there new adventure in m sure the west teams will be joining soon enough. The seething from East Ayrshire is incredible.

Do you have a link to this seething?

Archived