EOS Qualifying League 2018-19

11 minutes ago, 4everblue said:

it looks like more group games and a 2,leg semi final,if I'm wrong please correct me

Not sure how you worked that out? As mentioned on the previous page, the 10 group winners and best second place go through to the last 16/first round. They are then joined by the 5 winners of ties between the rest of the runners -up and best third place. So:

Last 16: Tranent, LTHV, Penicuik, Dalkeith, Camelon, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Musselburgh, Jeanfield, St Andrews, best runner-up, and first round winners

Preliminary round: rest of the runners-up and best third place (10 teams) - I'm sure @HibeeJibee will be along to tell us who they all are. :P

Including playoffs,there are 8 dates set aside for league cup,the playoffs are due on 1/9,same day as Alex Jack r.2,after which from the last 16,there are 7possible dates up to the final on 5/5/19

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Not sure how you worked that out? As mentioned on the previous page, the 10 group winners and best second place go through to the last 16/first round. They are then joined by the 5 winners of ties between the rest of the runners -up and best third place. So:

Last 16: Tranent, LTHV, Penicuik, Dalkeith, Camelon, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Musselburgh, Jeanfield, St Andrews, best runner-up, and first round winners

Preliminary round: rest of the runners-up and best third place (10 teams) - I'm sure @HibeeJibee will be along to tell us who they all are. :P

I make it that the first 11 sides already in the last 16 are Tranent, LTHV, Penicuik, Dalkeith, Camelon, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Musselburgh, Jeanfield, St Andrews and  best runners up BROXBURN.

The 10 sides who will play off against each other to get in the last 16 are Blackburn, Easthouses Lily, Crossgates, Haddington, Dunbar, Hill O'Beath, Dunipace, Bo'ness, Tynecastle and the best 3rd place side Edinburgh United.

15 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I make it that the first 11 sides already in the last 16 are Tranent, LTHV, Penicuik, Dalkeith, Camelon, Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange, Musselburgh, Jeanfield, St Andrews and  best runners up BROXBURN.

The 10 sides who will play off against each other to get in the last 16 are Blackburn, Easthouses Lily, Crossgates, Haddington, Dunbar, Hill O'Beath, Dunipace, Bo'ness, Tynecastle and the best 3rd place side Edinburgh United.

Hill O'Beath are best runners-up.

16 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

Hill O'Beath are best runners-up.

Hill O'Beaths 6 points and +10 goal difference is the best record of the sides that finished second but when I said "best runners up Broxburn" that was on the basis of what was posted on page 1 of this thread which was "in calculating the best runner-up, results v fourth place finishers in Sections A-I will be omitted".      When you take away the Hill O'Beath thrashing of Stirling Uni it leaves HoB's with 3 points.  Broxburn when you take away their result v Craigroyston  have a superior 4 points .    

The EoSFL has also retweeted a post on their twitter page that shows Broxburn as best runner up and Edinburgh United as best 3rd place.

Given that 1 of the leagues only had 3 sides in it I suppose the approach taken was probably the fairest one....................if a bit baffling !!

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hill O'Beaths 6 points and +10 goal difference is the best record of the sides that finished second but when I said "best runners up Broxburn" that was on the basis of what was posted on page 1 of this thread which was "in calculating the best runner-up, results v fourth place finishers in Sections A-I will be omitted".      When you take away the Hill O'Beath thrashing of Stirling Uni it leaves HoB's with 3 points.  Broxburn when you take away their result v Craigroyston  have a superior 4 points .    

The EoSFL has also retweeted a post on their twitter page that shows Broxburn as best runner up and Edinburgh United as best 3rd place.

Given that 1 of the leagues only had 3 sides in it I suppose the approach taken was probably the fairest one....................if a bit baffling !!

As a Broxburn supporter definitely think this is the fairest way to do it 

3 hours ago, 4everblue said:

Now that the 1st group stage is over,what is the format from the last 16;it looks like more group games and a 2,leg semi final,if I'm wrong please correct me

Surely it is a straight forward knockout from the last 16 onwards? Anyone know when the draw will be?

3 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Surely it is a straight forward knockout from the last 16 onwards? Anyone know when the draw will be?

From Wikipedia (so it must be true !!!)   East of Scotland League Cup: Group winners and runners-up from the East of Scotland Qualifying Leagues enter this straight knock-out competition.

Looking at the fixtures list that was issued there is some scope for  League Cup games to maybe start on 1st September for sides have been bumped out the first round of the Alex Jack Cup so I guess the draw will have to be made soonish.      There is more scope for these games to be on 22nd September and 13th October which are set aside for playing games in 4 different Cups.     The fixture secretary is certainly going to be working hard for his money.   

more group games and a 2,leg semi final,if I'm wrong please correct me

Aside from the more group games, and the 2-leg Semi-Finals, you're bang on the money ;)...

Section winners + best runners-up = League Cup R1. Section runners-up + best-third-place (A-I) = League Cup Preliminary.

So you've got 5 ties in the Preliminary then a Last 16 > QFs > SFs > Final.

Including playoffs,there are 8 dates set aside for league cup,the playoffs are due on 1/9,same day as Alex Jack r.2,after which from the last 16,there are 7possible dates up to the final on 5/5/19

There aren't any dates specifically set aside for the League Cup except the Final (at the start of May).

It generally just takes its chance, with some ties played on cup weekends when both clubs are out, or others played midweek.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I'm sure @HibeeJibee will be along to tell us who they all are. :P

_41601334_potnoodle_203.jpg

Qualify for League Cup First Round
Tranent
LTHV
Penicuik
Dalkeith
Camelon
Bonnyrigg
Newtongrange
Musselburgh
Jeanfield
St Andrews
Broxburn (best runners-up: 4pts +1 F4)

Qualify for League Cup Preliminary
Blackburn
Easthouses
Crossgates
Haddington
Dunbar
Hill of Beath
Dunipace
Bo'ness
Tynecastle
Edinburgh Utd (best-third-place: 3pts +3)

Crossgates were slightly unfortunate: they had 4pts and Goal Difference of +1 and missed out on being best runners-up by a single Goal For. Everyone else had 3pts except Tynecastle on just 1pts.

Dundonald could count themselves slightly unlucky not to qualify: they missed out on being best-third-place by a brace in Goal Difference. Everyone else had negative GD, while Hawick and Heriot-Watt University had 1pt instead of 3pts.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

No Linlithgow 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Fair enough. Odd way of doing it. I can see they're trying to make it 'fair' for the 3 team group but they had 1 less team to compete with anyway!

32 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting that among 21 qualifiers no fewer than 5... Crossgates, Dalkeith (who won their section), Dunipace, Easthouses, Edinburgh Utd... came from the 'bottom seeds' pot.

Amongst the ex-Juniors fraternity, Crossgates are the biggest surprise by a long way.  A big well done to them emerging from that Group.  Probably the strongest of the lot when it was drawn

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

There aren't any dates specifically set aside for the League Cup except the Final (at the start of May).

Which would surely change from the date listed (Sunday 5th May) if one of the teams were fighting to win the title on the previous day.

Archived