South Challenge Cup 2018-19

HibeeJibee

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Anybody know if the suspensions for the red cards will apply in the next game, in the King Cup? @HibeeJibee?

I might be hoping the answer is yes...

No, the King Cup is part of the EoSFA group of competition and separate to the South Challenge Cup: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

They have one player suspended from the King Cup: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5266/mens-suspension-list-los46-23-may-2019.pdf

26 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Did EK have any fans at the final today?

I made a point on another thread earlier, what difference does it make? People are obsessed by how many fans a club has. 

No, the King Cup is part of the EoSFA group of competition and separate to the South Challenge Cup: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf
They have one player suspended from the King Cup: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/5266/mens-suspension-list-los46-23-may-2019.pdf
Ta [emoji106]

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Any word on the crowd today I would guess 500 or so @HibeeJibee

Not heard anything, but think it'd be more than that. Stand seats over 500 and was pretty full... arriving just after kick-off I had to go to the front of the furthest block to find 2 seats together... and there was a plentiful smattering standing along the concourse, and on both terraces (until HT when the heavens opened decisively).

As for the game - instantly forgettable, and spoiled by squally winds plus periodic rain bursts. Both sides looked a bit lethargic... perhaps in EK's case due to having 2 blank weeks in the run-up (having failed to beat Cove), perhaps in Bonnyrigg's case due to having had an arduous spring which has brought its on-field highs and off-field disappointments. Certainly the game only burst into life for fitful moments. There was a single excellent piece of play first half which produced an outstanding onehanded save from the Rose stopper. Second half a pair of freekicks - the first striking the bar and being nodded in, the second a Currie superlative reminiscent of a City Cup Final of years gone - preceded the winner prodded in from a neat cross while the defence slept.

Sadly the end it descended into farce with Bonnyrigg reduced to 9-men for indiscipline and EK taking the ball into the corner.

Regarding suspensions it was unclear whether Currie received a straight red for excessive dissent or simply another yellow for dissent. Not sure if that makes any difference in terms of being immediate.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Not heard anything, but think it'd be more than that. Stand seats over 500 and was pretty full... arriving just after kick-off I had to go to the front of the furthest block to find 2 seats together... and there was a plentiful smattering standing along the concourse, and on both terraces (until HT when the heavens opened decisively).

As for the game - instantly forgettable, and spoiled by squally winds plus periodic rain bursts. Both sides looked a bit lethargic... perhaps in EK's case due to having 2 blank weeks in the run-up (having failed to beat Cove), perhaps in Bonnyrigg's case due to having had an arduous spring which has brought its on-field highs and off-field disappointments. Certainly the game only burst into life for fitful moments. There was a single excellent piece of play first half which produced an outstanding onehanded save from the Rose stopper. Second half a pair of freekicks - the first striking the bar and being nodded in, the second a Currie superlative reminiscent of a City Cup Final of years gone - preceded the winner prodded in from a neat cross while the defence slept.

Sadly the end it descended into farce with Bonnyrigg reduced to 9-men for indiscipline and EK taking the ball into the corner.

Regarding suspensions it was unclear whether Currie received a straight red for excessive dissent or simply another yellow for dissent. Not sure if that makes any difference in terms of being immediate.

Cheers I was being conservitive with my crowd will be interesting to see the official one.

10 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Check the subject heading on the thread. Can you remind me of how many trophies your club won this season?

2 pathetic posts in the last 10,

Good day out.  Started on the terrace facing the stand with sunshine on my face, this slowly mutated to grey skies then a spit in the air then heavy rain.  Watched second half from the stand and you could really see the strength of the wind from up there.

Good free kick from Cammy for our opener but an even better one from Lee Currie for the equaliser.  I didn't think we looked great but felt we looked in control for large parts of the match.  Jama came on and did what he often does...gets into good positions and seems to make things happen...cue the winner from BJ.

Per chance, does anyone know the winning raffle ticket numbers? :lol:

13 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Does anyone know when the 1st round draw for next season is? Just curious as the draw's traditionally quite sharp over summer if I mind right.

Last year it was announced at the EoSFA AGM on 7th June, if it's the same again you'll find out a week on Thursday.

On 26/05/2019 at 19:19, cowdenbeath said:

Any word on the crowd today I would guess 500 or so @HibeeJibee

Confirmed as 570 cowden. Not the best of games but a good occasion. Thought a draw and extra time would have been pretty fair but well done EK who edged it. That’s their third win in this completion taking them level with Spartans. 

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Confirmed as 570 cowden. Not the best of games but a good occasion. Thought a draw and extra time would have been pretty fair but well done EK who edged it. That’s their third win in this completion taking them level with Spartans. 

Over the piece I thought EK were that wee bit better. Not too far out with my crowd.