Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

South Challenge Cup 2018-19

I am not sure Dundonald have any grounds for complaint re the rules!

9. ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS

9.3 It shall be the responsibility of each Club participating in the Competition to ensure that its Players are eligible to play in any SFA South Region Challenge Cup match. If a Player participates in a Competition match, such Player being ineligible to play in the Competition match as a result of his suspension by The Scottish Football Association or for any other reason, the Club for which the Player participates in the Competition match shall be liable to such penalty as the Competition Committee may decide.
9.4 Any Club infringing this Regulation may be disqualified from the Competition and the tie awarded to its opponent.

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4271/mens-suspension-list-los10-13-september-2018-docx.pdf

Someone on Dundonald facebook says "He was registered with ourselves over 3 weeks before the suspension list was published. Depends on what the scope is in terms of ‘recently registered’. Surely the list when published should be live ?"

His name is spelled with an extra L, though if you do a ctrl + F for "O'Neil" it still highlights his name. And surely you spend a few minutes and also do a search for the player registration number to double check?

Edited by Ginaro

36 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4271/mens-suspension-list-los10-13-september-2018-docx.pdf

Someone on Dundonald facebook says "He was registered with ourselves over 3 weeks before the suspension list was published. Depends on what the scope is in terms of ‘recently registered’. Surely the list when published should be live ?"

His name is spelled with an extra L, though if you do a ctrl + F for "O'Neil" it still highlights his name. And surely you spend a few minutes and also do a search for the player registration number to double check?

They don’t have a leg to stand on I’m afraid. The suspension list clearly states that players who have recently registered for a new club should be checked for eligibility. He is on the list that I have been sent by a mate, and it looks pretty straightforward to see he was suspended.

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

9 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

They don’t have a leg to stand on I’m afraid. The suspension list clearly states that players who have recently registered for a new club should be checked for eligibility. He is on the list that I have been sent by a mate, and it looks pretty straightforward to see he was suspended.

The list is on the SFA website, as it always is:

Sean o'Neill / O'Neil's name being mis-spelled is a pathetic excuse - how many players did Kelty have last season with that kind of name..?

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

The list is on the SFA website, as it always is:

Sean o'Neill / O'Neil's name being mis-spelled is a pathetic excuse - how many players did Kelty have last season with that kind of name..?

Cheers mate, didn’t know you could access it freely.

Aye they've been online in that form for many years now (although having unique player ID # and highlighting in red those leaving clubs are more recent).

However always caveated by leader:

IMPORTANT – THIS LIST DOES NOT SUPERSEDE THE FORMAL NOTIFICATION OF PLAYER SUSPENSIONS TO CLUBS BY THE ASSOCIATION, VIA THE CLUB EXTRANET, AND IS INTENDED ONLY FOR USE AS AN ADDITIONAL CROSS-REFERENCE IN THE MONITORING AND OBSERVING, BY CLUBS, OF SUSPENSIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES.

IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CLUBS TO ENSURE THAT SUSPENSIONS ARE SERVED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES.

SHOULD ANY CLUB HAVE AN ENQUIRY REGARDING A PLAYER’S DISCIPLINARY POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT THE DISCIPLINARY DEPARTMENT ON 0141 616 6018 or 07702 864 165.

PLEASE CHECK ALL SECTIONS OF THIS LIST AND CONTACT THE DISIPLINARY DEPARTMENT IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED A NEW PLAYER FOR YOUR CLUB

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aye they've been online in that form for many years now (although having unique player ID # and highlighting in red those leaving clubs are more recent).

However always caveated by leader:

Dundonald don't really have a leg to stand on as posted the onus is on clubs to check things if in doubt phone the SFA.

Dundonald didn't appeal and Eyemouth appear in R3 as expected.

Natty graphic from Edinburgh Utd:

DpJNYfgW4AMYuC9.jpg:large

Many of the ties are all-EOSL: among them Bonnyrigg, Preston, Penicuik and Sauchie will be favourites. However the Burntisland-Coldstream, Hill of Beath-Musselburgh, Jeanfield-Broxburn and Tranent-Linlithgow games look very hard to call.

There is a single all-LL tie where in current form Kelty will be favourites at 'Shire. BSC will be expected to beat Threave in the only LLvSOSL tie, especially with the Castle Douglas men having a poor start to the season by their usual standards.

Perhaps the most intriguing, as in R2, are the LLvEOSL match-ups. Cumbernauld will be tipped to dispatch a struggling LTHV, although they have shown flashes of their old quality against Dundonald and Spartans this season. Edinburgh Uni, East Kilbride and Stirling Uni will also be firm favourites for their ties. This leaves Gretna v Camelon where I suspect the away side will be on shorter odds - though Gretna has logged improving results - plus Newtongrange v Civil Service where away side won't be massive favourite.

Away to shire in this, looking forward to a wee trip to the Falkirk stadium was blown away by last thing I saw there lol 

13 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Away to shire in this, looking forward to a wee trip to the Falkirk stadium was blown away by last thing I saw there lol 

And might be again with the Weather Forecast.  Hopefully games survive.

FTs as SOSL's last team, Threave, crash heavily:

Bonnyrigg 10-0 Eyemouth
BSCG 7-1 Threave
Burntisland 2-5 Coldstream
East Stirlingshire 3-2 Kelty
Edinburgh Uni 1-0 Edinburgh Utd
Inverkeithing 2-4 Preston
Jeanfield 4-2 Broxburn (aet)
Leith 0-2 East Kilbride
Sauchie 3-1 Ormiston
Tranent 2-6 Linlithgow
Uni of Stirling 3-1 Tynecastle

Gretna P-P Camelon
Hill of Beath P-P Musselburgh
LTHV P-P Cumbernauld
Newtongrange P-P Civil Service
Peebles P-P Penicuik

R4 will comprise:

LL (5)     BSCG, East Kilbride, East Stirlingshire, Edinburgh Uni, Uni of Stirling
EOSL (8)     Bonnyrigg, Coldstream, Hill of Beath/Musselburgh, Jeanfield, Linlithgow, Peebles/Penicuik, Preston, Sauchie
LL/EOSL (3)     Gretna/Camelon, LTHV/Cumbernauld, Newtongrange/Civil Service

Edited by HibeeJibee

13 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Do the postponed games get played next weekend?

No - league and Scottish Cup games take precedence. Might end up being 10th November (date for the next round) unless some are played midweek.

As expected all postponed R3 games go ahead at Nov 10th alongside unaffected R4 ties.

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/LeagueFixtures

Some real stunners in Last 16 draw like Jeanfield v Stirling Uni, BSCG v Bonnyrigg, 'Shire v Linlithgow:

BSC Glasgow v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
East Kilbride v Preston Athletic
East Stirlingshire v Linlithgow Rose
Jeanfield Swifts v University of Stirling
Lothian Thistle HV/Cumbernauld Colts v Gretna 2008/Camelon
Newtongrange Star/Civil Service Strollers v Hill of Beath Hawthorn/Musselburgh Athletic
Peebles Rovers/Penicuik Athletic v Coldstream
Sauchie v Edinburgh University

As expected all postponed R3 games go ahead at Nov 10th alongside unaffected R4 ties.

Some real stunners in Last 16 draw like Jeanfield v Stirling Uni, BSCG v Bonnyrigg, 'Shire v Linlithgow:

Newtongrange Star/Civil Service Strollers v Hill of Beath Hawthorn/Musselburgh Athletic

Bugger. That's a tasty draw for Lithgae, but I'm at the egg chasing that day.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:
13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bugger. That's a tasty draw for Lithgae, but I'm at the egg chasing that day.

If falkirk had been at homega it would be moved to Friday night but falkirk are away to dunfermline 

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If falkirk had been at homega it would be moved to Friday night but falkirk are away to dunfermline 

In that case, double bugger. How about if I ask them nicely?

I'd give away my tickets if the game was big enough - I skipped Scotland v England for Rose at Ross County, much to my daughter's annoyance - but this maybe isn't big enough. I sat through so many terrible defeats at Murrayfield, getting to see them play exciting open rugby is a tough thing to turn down. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

In that case, double bugger. How about if I ask them nicely?

I'd give away my tickets if the game was big enough - I skipped Scotland v England for Rose at Ross County, much to my daughter's annoyance - but this maybe isn't big enough. I sat through so many terrible defeats at Murrayfield, getting to see them play exciting open rugby is a tough thing to turn down. 

As a Shire supporter I wish them all the best but I'm at Scotland vs Fiji that day too.

GordonS I admire your enthusiasm and I agree with your final sentence but Fiji are the quickest team in the world and will be no gimme lolol.

Edited by come on shire

13 minutes ago, come on shire said:

As a Shire supporter I wish them all the best but I'm at Scotland vs Fiji that day too.

GordonS I admire your enthusiasm and I agree with your final sentence but Fiji are the quickest team in the world and will be no gimme lolol.

You go to too many Rugby games! 1st it's the Friday night games in Glasgow and now your Sats are being taken up as well. Are u missing our Scottish Cup game on Sat at Gala as well  ?