Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

South Challenge Cup 2018-19

Good day out.  Started on the terrace facing the stand with sunshine on my face, this slowly mutated to grey skies then a spit in the air then heavy rain.  Watched second half from the stand and you could really see the strength of the wind from up there.

Good free kick from Cammy for our opener but an even better one from Lee Currie for the equaliser.  I didn't think we looked great but felt we looked in control for large parts of the match.  Jama came on and did what he often does...gets into good positions and seems to make things happen...cue the winner from BJ.

Per chance, does anyone know the winning raffle ticket numbers? :lol:

Does anyone know when the 1st round draw for next season is? Just curious as the draw's traditionally quite sharp over summer if I mind right.

13 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Does anyone know when the 1st round draw for next season is? Just curious as the draw's traditionally quite sharp over summer if I mind right.

Last year it was announced at the EoSFA AGM on 7th June, if it's the same again you'll find out a week on Thursday.

Invariably drawn by one of the leagues during AGM season - late May/early June. By my reckoning there should be 70 entrants with Selkirk defunct but Berwick Rangers + Glenrothes added.

Dm9Ea0bXcAE5NJ7.jpg:large

An interesting tie would be Tweedmouth Rangers v Berwick Rangers, a local derby between two clubs whose grounds are separated by the thickness of a breeze block wall, 8 inches I think.

There could be no starker demonstration of the fall from grace of Berwick Rangers than an away tie at Eyemouth or Tweedmouth. We'll see if this cup or the EOS Qualifying Cup throws it up.

On 26/05/2019 at 19:19, cowdenbeath said:

Any word on the crowd today I would guess 500 or so @HibeeJibee

Confirmed as 570 cowden. Not the best of games but a good occasion. Thought a draw and extra time would have been pretty fair but well done EK who edged it. That’s their third win in this completion taking them level with Spartans. 

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Confirmed as 570 cowden. Not the best of games but a good occasion. Thought a draw and extra time would have been pretty fair but well done EK who edged it. That’s their third win in this completion taking them level with Spartans. 

Over the piece I thought EK were that wee bit better. Not too far out with my crowd.