South Challenge Cup 2018-19

HibeeJibee

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aye they've been online in that form for many years now (although having unique player ID # and highlighting in red those leaving clubs are more recent).

However always caveated by leader:

Dundonald don't really have a leg to stand on as posted the onus is on clubs to check things if in doubt phone the SFA.

• 3 weeks later...

Dundonald didn't appeal and Eyemouth appear in R3 as expected.

Natty graphic from Edinburgh Utd:

DpJNYfgW4AMYuC9.jpg:large

Many of the ties are all-EOSL: among them Bonnyrigg, Preston, Penicuik and Sauchie will be favourites. However the Burntisland-Coldstream, Hill of Beath-Musselburgh, Jeanfield-Broxburn and Tranent-Linlithgow games look very hard to call.

There is a single all-LL tie where in current form Kelty will be favourites at 'Shire. BSC will be expected to beat Threave in the only LLvSOSL tie, especially with the Castle Douglas men having a poor start to the season by their usual standards.

Perhaps the most intriguing, as in R2, are the LLvEOSL match-ups. Cumbernauld will be tipped to dispatch a struggling LTHV, although they have shown flashes of their old quality against Dundonald and Spartans this season. Edinburgh Uni, East Kilbride and Stirling Uni will also be firm favourites for their ties. This leaves Gretna v Camelon where I suspect the away side will be on shorter odds - though Gretna has logged improving results - plus Newtongrange v Civil Service where away side won't be massive favourite.

FTs as SOSL's last team, Threave, crash heavily:

Bonnyrigg 10-0 Eyemouth
BSCG 7-1 Threave
Burntisland 2-5 Coldstream
East Stirlingshire 3-2 Kelty
Edinburgh Uni 1-0 Edinburgh Utd
Inverkeithing 2-4 Preston
Jeanfield 4-2 Broxburn (aet)
Leith 0-2 East Kilbride
Sauchie 3-1 Ormiston
Tranent 2-6 Linlithgow
Uni of Stirling 3-1 Tynecastle

Gretna P-P Camelon
Hill of Beath P-P Musselburgh
LTHV P-P Cumbernauld
Newtongrange P-P Civil Service
Peebles P-P Penicuik

R4 will comprise:

LL (5)     BSCG, East Kilbride, East Stirlingshire, Edinburgh Uni, Uni of Stirling
EOSL (8)     Bonnyrigg, Coldstream, Hill of Beath/Musselburgh, Jeanfield, Linlithgow, Peebles/Penicuik, Preston, Sauchie
LL/EOSL (3)     Gretna/Camelon, LTHV/Cumbernauld, Newtongrange/Civil Service

Edited by HibeeJibee

As expected all postponed R3 games go ahead at Nov 10th alongside unaffected R4 ties.

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/LeagueFixtures

Some real stunners in Last 16 draw like Jeanfield v Stirling Uni, BSCG v Bonnyrigg, 'Shire v Linlithgow:

BSC Glasgow v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
East Kilbride v Preston Athletic
East Stirlingshire v Linlithgow Rose
Jeanfield Swifts v University of Stirling
Lothian Thistle HV/Cumbernauld Colts v Gretna 2008/Camelon
Newtongrange Star/Civil Service Strollers v Hill of Beath Hawthorn/Musselburgh Athletic
Peebles Rovers/Penicuik Athletic v Coldstream
Sauchie v Edinburgh University

As expected all postponed R3 games go ahead at Nov 10th alongside unaffected R4 ties.

Some real stunners in Last 16 draw like Jeanfield v Stirling Uni, BSCG v Bonnyrigg, 'Shire v Linlithgow:

Newtongrange Star/Civil Service Strollers v Hill of Beath Hawthorn/Musselburgh Athletic

Bugger. That's a tasty draw for Lithgae, but I'm at the egg chasing that day.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:
13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bugger. That's a tasty draw for Lithgae, but I'm at the egg chasing that day.

If falkirk had been at homega it would be moved to Friday night but falkirk are away to dunfermline 

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

If falkirk had been at homega it would be moved to Friday night but falkirk are away to dunfermline 

In that case, double bugger. How about if I ask them nicely?

I'd give away my tickets if the game was big enough - I skipped Scotland v England for Rose at Ross County, much to my daughter's annoyance - but this maybe isn't big enough. I sat through so many terrible defeats at Murrayfield, getting to see them play exciting open rugby is a tough thing to turn down. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

In that case, double bugger. How about if I ask them nicely?

I'd give away my tickets if the game was big enough - I skipped Scotland v England for Rose at Ross County, much to my daughter's annoyance - but this maybe isn't big enough. I sat through so many terrible defeats at Murrayfield, getting to see them play exciting open rugby is a tough thing to turn down. 

As a Shire supporter I wish them all the best but I'm at Scotland vs Fiji that day too.

GordonS I admire your enthusiasm and I agree with your final sentence but Fiji are the quickest team in the world and will be no gimme lolol.

Edited by come on shire

13 minutes ago, come on shire said:

As a Shire supporter I wish them all the best but I'm at Scotland vs Fiji that day too.

GordonS I admire your enthusiasm and I agree with your final sentence but Fiji are the quickest team in the world and will be no gimme lolol.

You go to too many Rugby games! 1st it's the Friday night games in Glasgow and now your Sats are being taken up as well. Are u missing our Scottish Cup game on Sat at Gala as well  ?

6 hours ago, come on shire said:

Hey, I said it was good to see us play exciting, open rugby - I never said we'd win!

• 3 weeks later...

Underway again this coming Saturday.

Third Round

Cumbernauld strong favourites at LTHV but recent results perhaps narrowed the expectations. Similar situations leave Gretna v Camelon and Newtongrange v Civil Service hard-to-call.

Penicuik big tips at Peebles (lets hope it finishes :ph34r:). HoB v Musselburgh - homesters slight favourites?

Fourth Round

Jeanfield possibly shorter odds against a flat Stirling Uni. Sauchie v Edinburgh Uni looks intriguing, and 'Shire v Linlithgow looks evenly-matched.

Bonnyrigg perhaps slight favourites at BSCG. EK will be expected to dispatch Preston.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Underway again this coming Saturday.

Third Round

Cumbernauld strong favourites at LTHV but recent results perhaps narrowed the expectations. Similar situations leave Gretna v Camelon and Newtongrange v Civil Service hard-to-call.

Penicuik big tips at Peebles (lets hope it finishes :ph34r:). HoB v Musselburgh - homesters slight favourites?

Fourth Round

Jeanfield possibly shorter odds against a flat Stirling Uni. Sauchie v Edinburgh Uni looks intriguing, and 'Shire v Linlithgow looks evenly-matched.

Bonnyrigg perhaps slight favourites at BSCG. EK will be expected to dispatch Preston.

This is looking like some QF line up Hibee.