At last some common sense Rose promoted, it took a while but they got their in the end. Best of luck next season in the Lowland League, it’s going to be interesting to see who comes out on top between the top sides in this League, certainly will make it very intriguing.

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Congratulations BR, not a bad first year in senior football 

Must be fairly unique for a club to get promoted in its first season in the principal grade and league system.

Kelty did it last season, of course... seeing off Threave 10-0 in playoff. Aberdeen did it in 1904-05, but in very dubious circumstances... they finished 7th of 12 in SFL Division Two, yet they and the runners-up won the promotion vote at the expense of Clyde. Alloa did it in 1921-22... after the incorporation of the Central League. Stirling Albion did it in 1946-46 immediately after WWII.

Edited by HibeeJibee

At long last both Bonnyrigg and Whitehill now know where they will be playing their football next season after a needless long drawn out affair caused by the SFA. I feel for Whitehill and just hope that they bounce back albeit in what will be a very tough league. However I am looking forward to the new challenge in the LL next season and wish all teams competing in EOS all the best for next season.

The highlight was the Broxburn game where the league was won and eventually won us promotion, however the trips to Eyemouth, Burntisland, Dunipace etc will last long in the memory as well. However more new grounds to come and with old foes in Kelty spending big and bringing in quality players going to be interesting.

Cheers EOS

Yes! Delighted for Bonnyrigg and everyone who helped get them there, finally common-sense won in the end :thumsup2

Now, one little thing... you’re polluting the wrong forum. Away n noise up your own forum now :P  :whistle

Did the SFA ever give an explanation as to why they went from "No chance, and there's no room for an appeal" to "Well done on your promotion"?

I find it concerning that such an important organisation can be in such a mess yet unaccountable to anyone.

15 minutes ago, MDM said:

Did the SFA ever give an explanation as to why they went from "No chance, and there's no room for an appeal" to "Well done on your promotion"?

I find it concerning that such an important organisation can be in such a mess yet unaccountable to anyone.

Is it not a case of Bonnyrigg getting their floodlights up so quickly and LL extending their deadline that got promotion? Rather than anything the sfa did.

23 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Is it not a case of Bonnyrigg getting their floodlights up so quickly and LL extending their deadline that got promotion? Rather than anything the sfa did.

My understanding of the shambles was Bonnyrigg didn't meet the criteria that was set (albeit with a major last minute change).

When the Rose advised the SFA that they'd have the lights up in time the SFA basically said "Hard lines - and you can't appeal the decision."

Now common sense has prevailed but I wonder what the events were surrounding the turnaround.

Did they admit they were being stupid, did they acknowledge that their process was 'illegal' / open to challenge, did they concede in any way that they were wrong....or did they just saddle up to a Bonnyrigg representative and say "Here's that certificate we were talking about, I managed to sort it out cause I ken a guy who kens a  guy"?

B

35 minutes ago, MDM said:

My understanding of the shambles was Bonnyrigg didn't meet the criteria that was set (albeit with a major last minute change).

When the Rose advised the SFA that they'd have the lights up in time the SFA basically said "Hard lines - and you can't appeal the decision."

Now common sense has prevailed but I wonder what the events were surrounding the turnaround.

Did they admit they were being stupid, did they acknowledge that their process was 'illegal' / open to challenge, did they concede in any way that they were wrong....or did they just saddle up to a Bonnyrigg representative and say "Here's that certificate we were talking about, I managed to sort it out cause I ken a guy who kens a  guy"?

That may well be the case but Jeanfield have been granted a license and they do not yet have floodlights installed, well not a full set anyway. Could it just have been that those who didn’t need criteria were denied in May, then apparently derogation applications were sent out and subsequent derogations granted for Jeanfield with Dundonald & Bonnyrigg bow meeting all criteria and no need for derogation. 

Jeanfield have lights down one side? 'Entry' criteria simply says there should be lights. It doesn't even specify a minimum brightness - only recommendations.

In practice only Cumbernauld, Spartans and Nairn have 'Bronze' grounds. Albion Rovers are also only 'Entry'.

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Jeanfield have lights down one side? 'Entry' criteria simply says there should be lights. It doesn't even specify a minimum brightness - only recommendations.

Did St Andrews miss an opportunity here then - if they had got some of their lights operational?

9 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Did St Andrews miss an opportunity here then - if they had got some of their lights operational?

No idea.

Presumably there is some sort of "common sense" limit applied by the licensing board anyway? I don't suppose you can throw-up a bus shelter then claim it holds 100 because all your fans are pygmies (if you've seen Golspie's you do wonder tbf), or throw-up 4 telegraph poles with 40-watt bulbs on top.

This is a photo at Jeanfield (on 1/3-power):

20181213_192224.jpg

and these are St Andrews' lamps:

standrews004.jpg
standrews006.JPG
standrews008.JPG

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 hours ago, BS7 said:

I know it’s been covered before but it’s one thing having floodlights - it’s another entirely to make sure the ground is illuminated for spectators.

Random