4 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

The other point worth considering !   Will such action cause the 19/20 EOS fixture programme to be delayed until the case is resolved either way ?

A strong possibility.

Na the EOS fixture lists will already be drafted up for next season. Fixtures,cup matches etc will be on similar dates to the season just passed. 

It'll be just a case of WW/BR or free week fixture depending on where they end up I'd imagine  ? 

9 minutes ago, gogsy said:

It was a play off for the overall EOS league title, they would have been in it if they had no intention of going for a license anyway.

True but still a bit shit the way it's been handled especially now getting the lights up so quick ? 

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Na the EOS fixture lists will already be drafted up for next season. Fixtures,cup matches etc will be on similar dates to the season just passed. 

It'll be just a case of WW/BR or free week fixture depending on where they end up I'd imagine  ? 

I read somewhere that CSS have already had quotes for floodlights for the next again season but VoL and whitehill are no further down the road with installing floodlights due to money costs. Surely if both these clubs cannot afford the cost they are just delaying the inevitable and in Whitehill's case through no fault of their own should be relegated this season anyway 

1 minute ago, Daydreamer said:

I read somewhere that CSS have already had quotes for floodlights for the next again season but VoL and whitehill are no further down the road with installing floodlights due to money costs. Surely if both these clubs cannot afford the cost they are just delaying the inevitable and in Whitehill's case through no fault of their own should be relegated this season anyway 

I'm led to believe the 3 clubs you mentioned being members of the SFA a lot longer than Bonnyrigg have been given a time limit regarding floodlights  ? 

Cant speak for the vale here  but where have you heard/seen ww cant afford floodlights  ? 

31 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

While Bonnyrigg are rightly aggrieved at the action of the SFA and have garnered wide support to challenge the decision, and  I am sure have taken the best legal advice on how to proceed    Civil actions can be long and protracted when they eventually come to court. The cost of the same could make the installation of the floodlights pale into insignificance. 

The other point worth considering !   Will such action cause the 19/20 EOS fixture programme to be delayed until the case is resolved either way ?

A strong possibility.

In some cases it would cause a massive issue but in this one it’s probably pretty straightforward. A mile apart and with with their ground. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Whilst Bonnyrigg should be in the LL (no dispute there) do you think taking legal action and getting politicians involved will be the way to go  ? 

At the end of the day they're fighting wi an organisation that's been on the go for well over 100 years and I would imagine Bonnyrigg want to make friends no enemies at this early stage of their new footballing pathway ? 

Whether rightly or wrongly challenging the SFA,should they really be banging doors doon at hq ,if for one more season at least they were to stay where they finished last season  ? 

Its absolutely ridiculous the SFA let them get that far wi the play offs before declining them promotion.

First two paragraphs,hit nail on the head.sfa will just bring in some other stipulation.to put the brakes on any team that tries to challenge or as they could see it.undermine them.what next ? Your pitch isn't level enough.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If Selkirk had completed the season, Berwick's relegation would still have relegated you if Bonnyrigg were licensed.

There not

I'm led to believe the 3 clubs you mentioned being members of the SFA a lot longer than Bonnyrigg have been given a time limit regarding floodlights  ? 
Cant speak for the vale here  but where have you heard/seen ww cant afford floodlights  ? 
The number I recall being touted was 3 years. Assume that also applies to Golspie & Girvan (Glasgow Uni aren't included as they use Airdrie's ground)

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Surely the point is all licenced clubs should be meeting the same criteria.  There is no consistency of approach being applied - existing licences should be required to meet the same standards being applied to new applicants.

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Surely the point is all licenced clubs should be meeting the same criteria.  There is no consistency of approach being applied - existing licences should be required to meet the same standards being applied to new applicants.

In a perfect world yes, but seeing as the junior influx over the last 12 months has completely thrown the pyramid system into overhaul mode, it's clear that at the moment these are extreme circumstances, it seems at the moment there's lots of fresh feet stamping going on....

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Yip but whitehill or the other 2 clubs don't make the rules up. You should take up yer grievance wi the SFA. 

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...but that latest tweet suggests they are an audit away from being so.

We call hang around until all relevant parties are ready then....

There's something almost symbolically appropriate in Bonnyrigg applying for and receiving planning permission, obtaining, transporting, erecting and getting lights operating, in considerably less time than it took SFA to arrange a meeting.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

EOS fixture lists will already be drafted up for next season. Fixtures,cup matches etc will be on similar dates to the season just passed. 

It'll be just a case of WW/BR or free week fixture depending on where they end up

:unsure2:?

EOS format differs substantially to last season. By fluke Bonnyrigg / Whitehill are similarly located and equipped (except Rose will have lights).

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

There's something almost symbolically appropriate in Bonnyrigg applying for and receiving planning permission, obtaining, transporting, erecting and getting lights operating, in considerably less time than it took SFA to arrange a meeting.

:unsure2:?

EOS format differs substantially to last season. By fluke Bonnyrigg / Whitehill are similarly located and equipped (except Rose will have lights).

Obviously but is Scots cup/sandy Jack cup no played same weekends wi King cup later on in season  ?  

Them dates hardly changed for years  ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

The number I recall being touted was 3 years. Assume that also applies to Golspie & Girvan (Glasgow Uni aren't included as they use Airdrie's ground)

I'm fairly sure that derogations only last 12 months until the next audit, then you have to either meet the requirement or apply again presumably showing progress made over the previous year.  I think that's the way it is supposed to work.

For a requirement such as floodlights, all clubs inc new applicants should have been given derogation this year to avoid this mess.

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Whilst Bonnyrigg should be in the LL (no dispute there) do you think taking legal action and getting politicians involved will be the way to go  ? 

At the end of the day they're fighting wi an organisation that's been on the go for well over 100 years and I would imagine Bonnyrigg want to make friends no enemies at this early stage of their new footballing pathway ? 

Whether rightly or wrongly challenging the SFA,should they really be banging doors doon at hq ,if for one more season at least they were to stay where they finished last season  ? 

Its absolutely ridiculous the SFA let them get that far wi the play offs before declining them promotion.

I suspect they don’t have to take legal action as such

Had clubs received feedback on the licence applications at the time of Maxwell's email rejections then much of the discussion over the past wee while would probably not have happened.

What is clear is that the current situation is solely the making of the SFA who have failed to consider the impact of the decisions they have made.