• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

6 hours ago, Van magic said:

Not entirely it’s all the work that goes on in between matches is the trick

Agree that the work done in between times to rectify any damage is very necessary but the foundation work done each year pre season is where the park reaps the benefit.

An annual costly exercise over the last 10/12 years but the club has reaped the benefit of the outlay with a good playing surface each week.

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

In exclusive news - I understand Edinburgh Leisure own a mower.

It’s all very well having a mower but do they have an operative to drive it? Also is the job “Cutting the Grass” on the to do list prior to the Cup Final?

43 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

It’s all very well having a mower but do they have an operative to drive it? Also is the job “Cutting the Grass” on the to do list prior to the Cup Final?

Don't know much about Edinburgh Liesure and their machinery or working practices but can assure you as a member of Boroughmuir Rugby and Sports Club they do have the necessary equipment to trim the grass for your game a week on Sunday. How short do you want it ?

3 hours ago, leftbehind said:

Don't know much about Edinburgh Liesure and their machinery or working practices but can assure you as a member of Boroughmuir Rugby and Sports Club they do have the necessary equipment to trim the grass for your game a week on Sunday. How short do you want it ?

I also know nothing about Edinburgh Leisure and have a lot of time for  Boroughmuir Rugby Club and their standing within local community and beyond.

I thank you for your offer on the length of the grass but it is better if someone from the club answers that question not a humble supporter.

C’mon The Rose

40 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

I also know nothing about Edinburgh Leisure and have a lot of time for  Boroughmuir Rugby Club and their standing within local community and beyond.

I thank you for your offer on the length of the grass but it is better if someone from the club answers that question not a humble supporter.

C’mon The Rose

Your modesty astounds me  *  Humble Supporter. *

20 hours ago, leftbehind said:

Your modesty astounds me  *  Humble Supporter. *

Big night for players and supporters this Saturday at Lasswade Rugby Club.

Dean Brett must be in the running for one of the Awards after the displays he has produced this season.    but that's only one opinion.

poty.jpg

4 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Big night for players and supporters this Saturday at Lasswade Rugby Club.

Dean Brett must be in the running for one of the Awards after the displays he has produced this season.    but that's only one opinion.

poty.jpg

Rose club booked ?

Just now, lithgierose said:

Rose club booked ?

Sorry   use of Social Club next NDP by the football club is not a subject that is aired any more in local  supporter circles.  Petty dispute I am afraid that's gone on too long.

Since the last time I checked there have been more documents added to the planning application (dated after 8th April), mainly correspondence discussing the updated site plan/lighting design: https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

Seems like environmental health still have concerns (13th May document) with obtrusive light, plus recommending the usual 21.30 time constraints. I do wonder how much the trees would affect the light spill in that direction, as that doesn't seem to have been taken into account.

Next planning committee meeting on 18th June?

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Since the last time I checked there have been more documents added to the planning application (dated after 8th April), mainly correspondence discussing the updated site plan/lighting design: https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

Seems like environmental health still have concerns (13th May document) with obtrusive light, plus recommending the usual 21.30 time constraints. I do wonder how much the trees would affect the light spill in that direction, as that doesn't seem to have been taken into account.

I really think the planning stuff around floodlights is a load of bollocks. We live in a country that sees broad daylight in summer from 4 in the morning until after 10 at night. Any Scottish household that doesn't have a decent set of curtains doesn't get to complain about a couple of hours of floodlit football over their back wall until 10am every now and then. Different if it was going to be 3G and used every night, but for the odd match and training? Gie's peace.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I really think the planning stuff around floodlights is a load of bollocks. We live in a country that sees broad daylight in summer from 4 in the morning until after 10 at night. Any Scottish household that doesn't have a decent set of curtains doesn't get to complain about a couple of hours of floodlit football over their back wall until 10am every now and then. Different if it was going to be 3G and used every night, but for the odd match and training? Gie's peace.

Boness are facing their floodlights into the houses.by popular demand.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

That's the next scheduled meeting.   Agenda will be available before that date on the website and the meeting is open to the public. All sporting activity should be finished at NDP by that time and the contractors should be able to move in after the plans are finally passed but it could be the next meeting which could be September  IF THE CURRENT MATTERS ARENT RESOLVED.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Looks like Bonnyrigg themselves stated they wouldn’t be used after 9.30pm. They’ll get a shock when it’s a cup tie that goes to extra time and penalties and they are on for an additional hour. 

3 hours ago, Onthelookout said:

Obsessed!!! Why are lithgae fans so obsessed everything boness ?? 

Because Bo,ness fans are obsessed with every thing Lithgae,

3 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Looks like Bonnyrigg themselves stated they wouldn’t be used after 9.30pm. They’ll get a shock when it’s a cup tie that goes to extra time and penalties and they are on for an additional hour. 

Environmental Health did say the club could provide written notice of any fixture going past that time to the planning authority at least 2 days in advance and cup ties are mentioned in the final report, so I suppose they'll be fine.

But good news having checked the link again - planning permission has been granted :)

Edited by Ginaro

This really is great news:
5cde89eb21a17_PPExtract.thumb.JPG.c4bfb03f1c45c3265ce6f37af369ac26.JPG
Full details available on the Midlothian council website: https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00 .
Hopefully copies of the planning permission have already been sent to the SFA.

Ultimately I don't think it'll make any difference and that the SFA will stick with their original decision which any sane person knows is wrong.

I hope I'm proved wrong and our appeal is successful but at the moment I'm expecting us to be playing in the EoS Premier next season.

13 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Ultimately I don't think it'll make any difference and that the SFA will stick with their original decision which any sane person knows is wrong.

I hope I'm proved wrong and our appeal is successful but at the moment I'm expecting us to be playing in the EoS Premier next season.

Good news on that front anyway.  Now lets get the contractors in and get the job done without any other snags. Have the contractors been selected or are funds still required to top up the final cost ?