46 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Gossip in the Lithgae Shed last night.          Bonnyrigg   getting re-assessed for license before next SFA meeting next week.  *Political Pressure* is the reason being given. 

Fingers crossed that there's a grain of truth in this.

Gossip in the Lithgae Shed last night.          Bonnyrigg   getting re-assessed for license before next SFA meeting next week.  *Political Pressure* is the reason being given.        Other rumour/gossip   Kieran McGaughy  will be on Bo,nesses books next season in the new Newton Park Development Trust complex.    Things are a movin  
I'm sure McGachie is signed on for next season so would be surprised if that's true.

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

Hope so but smells like shite

Tbh, considering the Scottish Government responded to Niel Findlay's question that they have discussed the matter with the SFA, it could be the case. They can't force the SFA to admit Bonnyrigg, but obviously they can put some pressure on them to treat clubs fairly.

Gossip in the Lithgae Shed last night.          Bonnyrigg   getting re-assessed for license before next SFA meeting next week.  *Political Pressure* is the reason being given.        Other rumour/gossip   Kieran McGaughy  will be on Bo,nesses books next season in the new Newton Park Development Trust complex.    Things are a movin  

Big keys going to Bo’ness even for your stirring ways this is a belter Bill

Could be true but the lack of any information about next seasons signings and pre-season games on their Web site gives any rumours credence at the moment  .Still advising that someone is taking part in an event that is past four days ago not updated very often.
The club aren't going to announce anything until the bigger issues are resolved one way or the other.

Club takes the best approach these pre contracts are waste of time until the 1st of July I’m sure? Mind dean Brett was paraded in a Montrose shirt only for him to change his mind was still under contract at Bonnyrigg so basically just signed an extension.

Not saying it happens a lot but can mind one season at Bonnyrigg 2-3 signed pre contracts

Only to change there minds sure a couple ended up at nitten and we won the league [emoji23]

Can agree that pre-season promises from players can be taken with a pinch of salt but was not aware that clubs had to wait till 1st July to announce the seasons signings.  That's an interesting development that I was not aware off.

Teams are more than welcome to announce it but pretty sure contracts begin/end 1st July

Considering teams have been, and are still in the Lowland league without lights, I really think commonsense should prevail here and give Bonnyrigg time to get the work done. But can SFA and commonsense go together?  As the floodlight rule came in late think this should have been this is what is happening from x date giving clubs the opportunity to get work carried before applying. So if it is true that the application will be reconsidered I hope it is favourable, but the way it has all been handled it has been totally unfair on both Bonnyrigg and Whitehill as neither knows what is happening, how can they plan for next season until they know the outcome.

With regards to the teams without lights in the LL, at what point will they be required to have them in order to renew their licence? 

9 hours ago, supersmith said:

Considering teams have been, and are still in the Lowland league without lights, I really think commonsense should prevail here and give Bonnyrigg time to get the work done. But can SFA and commonsense go together?  As the floodlight rule came in late think this should have been this is what is happening from x date giving clubs the opportunity to get work carried before applying. So if it is true that the application will be reconsidered I hope it is favourable, but the way it has all been handled it has been totally unfair on both Bonnyrigg and Whitehill as neither knows what is happening, how can they plan for next season until they know the outcome.

With regards to the teams without lights in the LL, at what point will they be required to have them in order to renew their licence? 

Clearly you are new to this - I have highlighted the error of your thinking. 

On 31/05/2019 at 00:02, supersmith said:

Whitehill have been shit on twice here, first off all the Selkirk debacle  and the powers to be sticking by absolute laws by using the bottom team term rather than team 16 to be relegated and now people are using the "morally correct rule" to suit the situation, for what it's worth the on field performances last year there's no question in my eyes they deserve nothing more than relegation and I have stated that constantly, but the hypocrisy around this whole debarcle is staggering 

10 hours ago, magoo said:

for what it's worth the on field performances last year there's no question in my eyes they deserve nothing more than relegation

No doubt about that. WW should be relegated no matter what happens with Bonnyrigg. 

Whitehill have been shit on twice here, first off all the Selkirk debacle  and the powers to be sticking by absolute laws by using the bottom team term rather than team 16 to be relegated and now people are using the "morally correct rule" to suit the situation, for what it's worth the on field performances last year there's no question in my eyes they deserve nothing more than relegation and I have stated that constantly, but the hypocrisy around this whole debarcle is staggering 

If Selkirk had completed the season, Berwick's relegation would still have relegated you if Bonnyrigg were licensed.

The Selkirk decision was the correct one, and as has been pointed out the Berwick relegation would have relegated you anyway.

However what is unfair, is WW being left hanging whilst this shambles unfolds, and blame for that lies entirely at the feet of the SFA board.

I think the sfa/ll are likely to go for the path of least resistance so I suspect WW are safe and Bonnyrigg shafted.

unless Bonnyrigg have let the sfa know they will act on an adverse decision on terms that they will likely succeed. 

I think this sorry debacle highlights that as far as the sfa is concerned, the more things change, the more things stay the same.

8 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I think the sfa/ll are likely to go for the path of least resistance so I suspect WW are safe and Bonnyrigg shafted.

unless Bonnyrigg have let the sfa know they will act on an adverse decision on terms that they will likely succeed. 

I think this sorry debacle highlights that as far as the sfa is concerned, the more things change, the more things stay the same.

I think the LL AGM is tonight, so perhaps a little more clarity will emerge from that.   There is talk of another audit and potential for licence award before next weeks SFA AGM.  Whether that is true, and whether it leads to LL promotion who knows.

6 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Whilst Bonnyrigg should be in the LL (no dispute there) do you think taking legal action and getting politicians involved will be the way to go  ? 

At the end of the day they're fighting wi an organisation that's been on the go for well over 100 years and I would imagine Bonnyrigg want to make friends no enemies at this early stage of their new footballing pathway ? 

Whether rightly or wrongly challenging the SFA,should they really be banging doors doon at hq ,if for one more season at least they were to stay where they finished last season  ? 

Its absolutely ridiculous the SFA let them get that far wi the play offs before declining them promotion.