3 hours ago, 3 Valuable Points said:

You’re being disrespectful to clowns. Having seen him refereeing Bo’ness games he’s a narcissist,  it’s all about him, he has to be the centre of attention. He needs to seek medical attention for his condition. 

No doubt he will be heading for the top sounds like he has all the credentials 

15 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

That will be good news for Bonnyrigg as the squad looks very depleted/tired and some are obviously carrying minor injuries   but having to play on in these final games.

It would be interesting to see how many game Bonnyrigg has played compared to everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Gimme said:
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:
No doubt he will be heading for the top sounds like he has all the credentials 

I'm sure he already is a Category 1 referee.

Correct, he was the referee featured on “A View From The Terrace” on BBC Scotland on Friday night for sending Dick Campbell to the stand in a top of the table league 1 clash. He done Stirling Uni v Kelty Hearts and any shout in his direction he was desperate for a confrontation and brandishing cards.

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Correct, he was the referee featured on “A View From The Terrace” on BBC Scotland on Friday night for sending Dick Campbell to the stand in a top of the table league 1 clash. He done Stirling Uni v Kelty Hearts and any shout in his direction he was desperate for a confrontation and brandishing cards.

He let a couple of tackles go that should have been punished, but I thought he was generally okay. It was a stonewall second yellow for EK - he gave the free kick - and that was pretty weak. He only played a couple of minutes of injury time, when there should have been at least 4 - but I think that was just to stop any more trouble that he had probably caused with the two reds.

Looking at the highlights - it was a pretty stonewall penalty under the laws/guidelines, and i can understand why the players would be frustrated - the key decisions going the wrong way by rank bad refereeing.

22 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

An East Kilbride player(who had already been booked) pushed Ross Gray off the ball which prompted the EK player to be jumping up and down in frustration expecting a second yellow card which despite the appeals of the Rose players he kept in his pocket!!!

21 hours ago, Gimme said:

It speaks volumes when even the defender knows he's walking for a last man challenge but stays on the park. I thought Currie was given a straight red for his comments after the penalty claim and the awarding of a free kick from the position he made the comments is a new one for me but presumably is in the rulebook.

Craig Napier, what a clown!

Always amusing when you read comments about a game, especially from partisan fans, then you see a video of it. From what's shown in the highlights, it seems the ref had a decent game, better than a lot of players anyway.

Assuming the "last man" incident is at 12:05 in the video (if not then it would be good to see it) - certainly not dogso and it's not stopping a promising attack so no need for a yellow card, I'm guessing the EK player was jumping up and down because he thought it was a soft free kick.

"Handball" incident at 16:18 - looks like the high ball is misjudged by the EK defender, who then kicks it right at his own player who is running back trying to stop himself from a collision (not deliberate handball). After that the Bonnyrigg #9 comes in to challenge and the ball goes back to the GK - but neither the camera nor the referee can see what happened. The ref needs the AR to help him out if indeed it was handball.

For the first sending off if he's given a YC for dissent and the ball is in play then it's an indirect free kick: Law 12.2 - An indirect free kick is awarded if a player: is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures or other verbal offences

The Bonnyrigg #2 needs to learn that when you get a YC for dissent you walk away and don't do the same thing again to get a second one.  

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Handball? Unnatural position?

MpYDSSz.jpg

The following must be considered:

the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

It's clearly ball to hand, with the ball kicked at him from less than a metre away, and it's telling that none of the Bonnyrigg players appeal for that handball (except #3 who is furthest away in the video).

58 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Wasn’t at the game but after watching same highlights my conclusion is you are an East Kilbride official

Is that the best you can come up with? 

Edited by Ginaro

7 hours ago, pie n beans said:

It would be interesting to see how many game Bonnyrigg has played compared to everyone else. 

7 hours ago, Gimme said:

The game against Linlithgow on Wednesday will be the 49th competive fixture.

I'm sure someone will have a full breakdown of all the clubs.

These are season's totals:

49/50     Bonnyrigg
44             Camelon
43             Bo'ness, Penicuik, Tranent
42             Broxburn
40             Jeanfield, Musselburgh
39             Hill of Beath
38/39     Linlithgow
38             Coldstream, Newtongrange
37             Crossgates, Haddington, LTHV (inc 1 City Cup), Sauchie
36             Burntisland (inc 1 Fife Cup), Dunbar
35             Edinburgh Utd
34             Dalkeith, Dunipace, Ormiston, Preston
33             Blackburn, Craigroyston, Easthouses, Inverkeithing, Oakley, Peebles, Tynecastle
32             Arniston, Dundonald, Eyemouth, Heriot-Watt Uni, St Andrews
31             Hawick, Leith, Tweedmouth
28             Stirling Uni EOS

These are season's totals:

49/50     Bonnyrigg

44             Camelon

43             Bo'ness, Penicuik, Tranent

42             Broxburn

40             Jeanfield, Musselburgh

39             Hill of Beath

38/39     Linlithgow

38             Coldstream, Newtongrange

37             Crossgates, Haddington, LTHV (inc 1 City Cup), Sauchie

36             Burntisland (inc 1 Fife Cup), Dunbar

35             Edinburgh Utd

34             Dalkeith, Dunipace, Ormiston, Preston

33             Blackburn, Craigroyston, Easthouses, Inverkeithing, Oakley, Peebles, Tynecastle

32             Arniston, Dundonald, Eyemouth, Heriot-Watt Uni, St Andrews

31             Hawick, Leith, Tweedmouth

28             Stirling Uni EOS

I knew someone would have them. 

We haven't actually played many more games than others, it just feels like we've had a load of games crammed into the last 6 weeks or so as we fell behind in some of the cup draws (IIRC our game at Jeanfield fell victim to the weather twice which caused a long delay in that cup), if only we had some of those pesky floodlights.

15 hours ago, Gimme said:

I knew someone would have them. 

We haven't actually played many more games than others, it just feels like we've had a load of games crammed into the last 6 weeks or so as we fell behind in some of the cup draws (IIRC our game at Jeanfield fell victim to the weather twice which caused a long delay in that cup), if only we had some of those pesky floodlights.

I was speaking with a Linlithgow Rose player about the EK game, and i did mention that Bonnyrigg did seem to be playing a lot recently compared to everyone else and maybe that was a factor in 1 or 2 of the defeats Bonyrigg has suffered recently and 13 games in 5 weeks was hell of a lot.

6 hours ago, pie n beans said:

Bonnyrigg did seem to be playing a lot recently compared to everyone else and maybe that was a factor in 1 or 2 of the defeats Bonyrigg has suffered recently and 13 games in 5 weeks was hell of a lot.

Bonnyrigg played a lot of midweek games during April and early May, as they were still in all the cups and got drawn in the midweek title round robin game... However the 2 midweeks leading up to Sunday's final they had no games.

EK had not actually played for 3 weeks leading up to Sunday's final... They'd lost out to Cove in the playoff SF, and therefore had 2 blank Saturdays when they'd hoped to be humping Berwick.

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

All the very best to Bonnyrigg tonight.

To all fans travelling to the game, remember it’s £7 & £4 as opposed to £6 & £3 for absolutely no reason.

Unlike yourselves we have maintenance and upkeep costs of our OWN LICENCED GROUND.