Big night for players and supporters this Saturday at Lasswade Rugby Club.
Dean Brett must be in the running for one of the Awards after the displays he has produced this season.    but that's only one opinion.

poty.thumb.jpg.0f2a0fe1c8184284630fdbdbd882f483.jpg

Has Brett bet himself like ?

9 hours ago, leftbehind said:

Dean Brett was voted both Players and Supporters Player of the Year.   Class act recognised and appreciated.    Could play easily well above the EOS or the LL.

Congratulations to Dean on 2 well deserved awards.    We are delighted to have him at Bonnyrigg.

C’mon The Rose

Not sour grapes but thought it was a poor cup final today. EK had a lot of possession in the first half but never really made a chance until Micheal made a great save just before half time.  The second half livened up a bit and it was obvious the first goal was going to be all important. It did come from a free kick the rebound from the crossbar with the Rose defence slow to react and the rebound was headed into an empty net.  The equaliser was an absolutely cracking free kick from Lee Currie. An East Kilbride player(who had already been booked) pushed Ross Gray off the ball which prompted the EK player to be jumping up and down in frustration expecting a second yellow card which despite the appeals of the Rose players he kept in his pocket!!!

EK scored a decent second and the Rose had to go for it. In the last couple of minutes  an hand ball by an EK player in the box prompted strong penalty claims and Currie and Brett given second yellows for over exhuberent protests. Very soon after that the ref blew the final whistle but I thought kept out of the way of the players.

I don’t know what the remit of assistant referees is but it appears to me they flag the signal after the referee has given the decision.

Well done East Kilbride. The Rose have a chance this week to win the last trophy of the season.

It speaks volumes when even the defender knows he's walking for a last man challenge but stays on the park. I thought Currie was given a straight red for his comments after the penalty claim and the awarding of a free kick from the position he made the comments is a new one for me but presumably is in the rulebook.

The teams pretty much cancelled each other out, both sides seemed content for the other to play in their own half.

The wind did spoil the game a bit and I don't think many Rose fans will have an issue with the result, merely the referee.

Craig Napier, what a clown!

Edit - That must also be the first game for some considerable time when we haven't been favourites and there was no expectation that we'd win.

It speaks volumes when even the defender knows he's walking for a last man challenge but stays on the park. I thought Currie was given a straight red for his comments after the penalty claim and the awarding of a free kick from the position he made the comments is a new one for me but presumably is in the rulebook.

The teams pretty much cancelled each other out, both sides seemed content for the other to play in their own half.

The wind did spoil the game a bit and I don't think many Rose fans will have an issue with the result, merely the referee.

He's the man who sent Stuart Hunter off at Rutherglen for celebrating his goal.

47 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Edit - That must also be the first game for some considerable time when we haven't been favourites and there was no expectation that we'd win.

The same thing happened in our final when dean Shaw was sent off for swearing. They got a free kick from their. Sounds same as our final lowland league team got the edge with decisions. 

1 hour ago, Gimme said:

If the ball is in play when the red card offence (foul & abusive language) occurs, then the ref should restart the game from where the offender was on the park.  If the ball was out of play when the offence occurs, e.g. for a goal kick,  then the game will restart with the goal kick.

From a neutral viewpoint, I thought the game was one of the worst I've seen all season, at least until the opening goal. Both teams were guilty of giving the other too much respect and time on the ball.  The wind didn't help but it wasn't the main reason for a poor spectacle. 

Dean denies swearing or saying much to the ref - I thought at the time it was a straight red but maybe was a second yellow.

I wonder if rose gave a reputation for indiscipline with referees in big games - because they weren’t indisciplined by any manner of means and the 2 reds at the end were inexplicable - especially after the ref bottled the East Kilbride sending off - I thought his dance saved him. 

13 hours ago, Gimme said:

You’re being disrespectful to clowns. Having seen him refereeing Bo’ness games he’s a narcissist,  it’s all about him, he has to be the centre of attention. He needs to seek medical attention for his condition. 

15 hours ago, Gimme said:

It speaks volumes when even the defender knows he's walking for a last man challenge but stays on the park.

It speaks volumes that both you and the defender clearly dont know there is no such law in the game as a "last man challenge" 

Just now, Gimme said:
3 minutes ago, Jason King said:
It speaks volumes that both you and the defender clearly dont know there is no such law in the game as a "last man challenge" 

No problem you sad anarok c**t

Aye, sad that you are reduced to personal abuse when you highlighted your own lack of knowledge of what a red card offence actually is.

Sad, sad, sad but I guess you are one of those guys screaming for a red after a "last man challenge" and abusing the referee despite him correctly enforcing the laws of the game.

Aye, sad that you are reduced to personal abuse when you highlighted your own lack of knowledge of what a red card offence actually is.
Sad, sad, sad but I guess you are one of those guys screaming for a red after a "last man challenge" and abusing the referee despite him correctly enforcing the laws of the game.
No I'm one of those out there supporting the game at grassroots level week in week out rather than sitting behind my phone/tablet/keyboard denigrating anyone who doesn't use the latest jargon.

Its not jargon, Jesus with every response you are just highlighting more and more how little you know about the laws of the game. A last man challenge is not something that will get you sent off, I'll let you look up what actually is a red card offence.

...and FYI  I was at my 49th game of the season on Saturday from across the Junior and EoS spectrum but you carry on continuing to highlight your lack of knowledge of the game you are watching and making a complete tit of yourself.

Its not jargon, Jesus with every response you are just highlighting more and more how little you know about the laws of the game. A last man challenge is not something that will get you sent off, I'll let you look up what actually is a red card offence.

...and FYI  I was at my 49th game of the season on Saturday from across the Junior and EoS spectrum but you carry on continuing to highlight your lack of knowledge of the game you are watching and making a complete tit of yourself.

Nobody claimed it was a red card offence. The player in question had already been booked and then committed an IMO deliberate foul on the edge of the box in order to deny a goal scoring opportunity.

28 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Nobody claimed it was a red card offence. The player in question had already been booked and then committed an IMO deliberate foul on the edge of the box in order to deny a goal scoring opportunity.

If I remember rightly he was booked in the first half for a cynical challenge taking out a Bonnyrigg player. Then in the second half takes out another Bonnyrigg player, knows he has done wrong does a dance because he knows what’s coming(another yellow card), which the referee did not have the bottle to produce. Up till then it was generally an easy game for the referee.

I have also made comment in other post about assistant referees, they don’t make decisions, let the ref do that then I will put my flag in whatever direction to support his decision. The claims for a penalty were strong, the assistant was in a good position to see it and kept his flag down.

C’mon the Rose

Every spectator at the game will have an opinion on this incident but the game is over.  More importantly for Bonnyrigg  are these Red Cards carried on to this cup next season or does it effect the choice of players for Wednesday nights game at Prestonfield.?
Carried over into next season I believe.