4 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Big night for players and supporters this Saturday at Lasswade Rugby Club.

Dean Brett must be in the running for one of the Awards after the displays he has produced this season.    but that's only one opinion.

poty.jpg

Rose club booked ?

Since the last time I checked there have been more documents added to the planning application (dated after 8th April), mainly correspondence discussing the updated site plan/lighting design: https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

Seems like environmental health still have concerns (13th May document) with obtrusive light, plus recommending the usual 21.30 time constraints. I do wonder how much the trees would affect the light spill in that direction, as that doesn't seem to have been taken into account.

Next planning committee meeting on 18th June?

Edited by Ginaro

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Since the last time I checked there have been more documents added to the planning application (dated after 8th April), mainly correspondence discussing the updated site plan/lighting design: https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

Seems like environmental health still have concerns (13th May document) with obtrusive light, plus recommending the usual 21.30 time constraints. I do wonder how much the trees would affect the light spill in that direction, as that doesn't seem to have been taken into account.

I really think the planning stuff around floodlights is a load of bollocks. We live in a country that sees broad daylight in summer from 4 in the morning until after 10 at night. Any Scottish household that doesn't have a decent set of curtains doesn't get to complain about a couple of hours of floodlit football over their back wall until 10am every now and then. Different if it was going to be 3G and used every night, but for the odd match and training? Gie's peace.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I really think the planning stuff around floodlights is a load of bollocks. We live in a country that sees broad daylight in summer from 4 in the morning until after 10 at night. Any Scottish household that doesn't have a decent set of curtains doesn't get to complain about a couple of hours of floodlit football over their back wall until 10am every now and then. Different if it was going to be 3G and used every night, but for the odd match and training? Gie's peace.

Boness are facing their floodlights into the houses.by popular demand.

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Looks like Bonnyrigg themselves stated they wouldn’t be used after 9.30pm. They’ll get a shock when it’s a cup tie that goes to extra time and penalties and they are on for an additional hour. 

3 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Looks like Bonnyrigg themselves stated they wouldn’t be used after 9.30pm. They’ll get a shock when it’s a cup tie that goes to extra time and penalties and they are on for an additional hour. 

Environmental Health did say the club could provide written notice of any fixture going past that time to the planning authority at least 2 days in advance and cup ties are mentioned in the final report, so I suppose they'll be fine.

But good news having checked the link again - planning permission has been granted :)

Edited by Ginaro

This really is great news:
5cde89eb21a17_PPExtract.thumb.JPG.c4bfb03f1c45c3265ce6f37af369ac26.JPG
Full details available on the Midlothian council website: https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00 .
Hopefully copies of the planning permission have already been sent to the SFA.

Ultimately I don't think it'll make any difference and that the SFA will stick with their original decision which any sane person knows is wrong.

I hope I'm proved wrong and our appeal is successful but at the moment I'm expecting us to be playing in the EoS Premier next season.

2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

No idea, just copied the link from the evening news website.

The other link thats been in use up til now is

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/brfcfloodlightappeal

Maybe because there's two pages for the same issue started by the same user, the one that can't be donated to has presumably been closed.