3 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's fair enough Informer, and I don't think snowball is in any way blaming those clubs. But it can't be right that the SFA would have happily licensed Bonnyrigg if they'd moved  to Stenhousemuir. The SFA had, and would still have, no problem with a group of businessmen buying Clydebank, moving it to Airdrie and changing its name and colours to those of Airdrie.

Groundsharing is fine when it's in the same community, like East Stirling, Edinburgh City and Cumbernauld Colts. But Cove got a licence while flitting all over Aberdeenshire, and a club from the west end of Glasgow playing permanently in Clackmannanshire is just ridiculous. A club should be in its community, otherwise what is it for? 

No i wasn't blaming those clubs as they obviously met LL criteria for entry.

In fact since posting read that  the LL clubs are in fact the landlords.

Re being in local community Edusport are based at Little Hampden but play in Annan.

Hope some compromise can be reached to allow Bonnyrigg to get promoted.

Nobody is doubting they earned promotion ,,,,,,,,,,,,,sadly the chances of the SFA changing their decision are slim at best 

what i do not understand if it was a blanket rule no flood lights no entry ,,,why let them apply ?

4 hours ago, leftbehind said:

Just to let you know an ON-LINE petition has been started by Bonnyrigg fans to get the SFA to change their decision.

On -Line petition ? Have you seen how many Rose fans comment on they’re  teams results, weeks can go by without them posting, unless they’ve played Hibs //// ⚽️

1 hour ago, Golum said:

what i do not understand if it was a blanket rule no flood lights no entry ,,,why let them apply ?

It wasn't in the criteria when they applied. It was altered while they were part-way through the process.

This has then been compounded by not waiving the new requirement or giving a grace period, while giving existing clubs time... and not recognising some applicant clubs are installing lights imminently, while some existing clubs aren't.

1 hour ago, edthebaw said:

On -Line petition ? Have you seen how many Rose fans comment on they’re  teams results, weeks can go by without them posting, unless they’ve played Hibs //// ⚽️

Maybe it’s because the fans are with the team, results, and progress being made and see no need to rock the boat.

2 hours ago, snowball said:

No i wasn't blaming those clubs as they obviously met LL criteria for entry.

In fact since posting read that  the LL clubs are in fact the landlords.

Re being in local community Edusport are based at Little Hampden but play in Annan.

Hope some compromise can be reached to allow Bonnyrigg to get promoted.

Edusport are hoping to be based out of a part of Strathclyde Park starting next season. Although they will shed their identity and rebrand as something else. I've managed to forget most of the names they've had to vote on. Only ones I can remember off the top of my head are FC Venom and Edusport Pheonix (yes pheonix was spelt that way in the promotional video).

Latest update from the club

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic @BonnyriggRose

The support received from right across the league and non league game has been truly overwhelming & much appreciated by everyone at the club so just a short message to say thank you. We'll only be concentrating on activities on the pitch publicly until we have an update to give.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I know Bonnyrigg Rose are hurting with the licence refusal but take some consolation that next seasons EoSFL top league will be a more exciting league to play in than the Lowland League.  

Well it’s just the super league really LL is where it’s at and I’m sure Bonnyrigg would rather be thete

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm not being pedantic. I don't know who he's talking about.

I answered ye further doon the page! (See Jason King's post). Ex Juniors,there I've answered ye and going by your posts your club (Linlithgow) were in a prime position and could've done something aboot it back then especially the position you were in licensewise but stayed where you were  ? It's not the fault of the LL this is all kicking off now ?

Massive credit to Kelty for getting where we are today in what shouldve been enforced years ago  ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

I answered ye further doon the page! (See Jason King's post). Ex Juniors,there I've answered ye and going by your posts your club (Linlithgow) were in a prime position and could've done something aboot it back then especially the position you were in licensewise but stayed where you were  ? It's not the fault of the LL this is all kicking off now ?

Massive credit to Kelty for getting where we are today in what shouldve been enforced years ago  ? 

I agree the SFA should have taken total control at the conception of the Lowland League 

Today in Parliament, Neil Findlay is a Lothians MSP and a Fauldhouse man btw

Bonnyigg should be allowed to move into the senior ranks

Motion Number: S5M-17235
Lodged By: Neil Findlay
Date Lodged: 09/05/2019

Title: SFA Moves the Goalposts on Bonnyrigg's Application

Motion Text:
That the Parliament expresses its concern at the decision of the SFA to reject Bonnyrigg Rose’s application for full membership; believes that the club, which won the 2018-19 East of Scotland league, applied to join the Lowland league, but that, due to a lack of floodlights at its home ground, New Dundas Park, this application was rejected; understands with concern that the membership condition regarding floodlighting was brought in after the club applied; considers this to be a very unfair way to treat a team that has invested heavily in its stadium, with fundraising ongoing to install floodlights within the next 12 months, and squad and that applied in good faith under the existing rules at the time, and calls on the SFA to think again in relation to Bonnyrigg’s application.