16 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Haha I thought that myself then I thought of the pitch ;)

Edit - it also means Whitehill agreeing to swap places in the league.

Yes there is no way it will happen because effectively Whitehill would be relegating themselves but it could probably be done

34 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Haha I thought that myself then I thought of the pitch ;)

Edit - it also means Whitehill agreeing to swap places in the league.

Any reason why ww would want to swap positions  ? 

I've said countless times now it's no ww s fault Bonnyrigg did nae get a license. 

The current ww pitch has had a fair bit work and improved a lot the last couple of seasons by the way. 

21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Any reason why ww would want to swap positions  ? 

I've said countless times now it's no ww s fault Bonnyrigg did nae get a license. 

The current ww pitch has had a fair bit work and improved a lot the last couple of seasons by the way. 

Just worded it wrong Newky, cookieboy understood what I meant, WW would be relegating themselves, never said they would want it.

No matter what state the pitch is in, no grass pitch can have two teams sharing it unless they have full time ground staff. Nae lights either means both teams have a backlog.

Right Newky, here's one for you. Devil's advocate and all that.

Can WW pull a rabbit out of the hat and get lights in the near future, noting your comments about digging up the main street?

Because if they can't, next season will be their last in the LL. Is it worth hanging on in that league for a year, otherwise they'd be as well doing a ground swap with Bonnyrigg, maybe accept a wee cash donation, play at New Dundas Park for a year in the EOS, let Bonnyrigg play at FP in the LL.

Edited by The Mantis

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Just worded it wrong Newky, cookieboy understood what I meant, WW would be relegating themselves, never said they would want it.

No matter what state the pitch is in, no grass pitch can have two teams sharing it unless they have full time ground staff. Nae lights either means both teams have a backlog.

Right Newky, here's one for you. Devil's advocate and all that.

Can WW pull a rabbit out of the hat and get lights in the near future, noting your comments about digging up the main street?

Because if they can't, next season will be their last in the LL. Is it worth hanging on in that league for a year, otherwise they'd be as well doing a ground swap with Bonnyrigg, maybe accept a wee cash donation, play at New Dundas Park for a year in the EOS, let Bonnyrigg play at FP in the LL.

You'll know more than me regarding the lights situation and where it be sourced from. Theres a new estate just built across road from Ferguson Park might be some other means than my knowledge.

How do you know it's their last season have the rules been clarified I know it's a matter of time wi the floodlight scenario but is there a specific date ? 

Don't think Bonnyrigg would want to play Rosewell nor ww play at Bonnyrigg both could sell up and build somewhere  and groundshare possibly up past Lasswade rugby club though :P

3 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Erode another part of the green belt to have enough money to install lights at a soulless football stadium with No PUBLIC TRANSPORT  PASSING IT.   No thank you.

There will be hooses connecting Rosewell and Bonnyrigg soon enough the green belt doesn't seem to count up that area,I was only jesting but aye yer right :thumsup2

3 hours ago, snowball said:

Sorry won't do that again.

But there must be at least 5 LL sides who share with an SPFL club. So to keep their licence they dont need to worry about spending money on improvements just have an agreement with that club.

One side hasnt had it's own ground since league started

2 hours ago, The Informer said:

I am always fascinated by this argument. 

The financial landscape in Scottish football is not a healthy one, so what are new clubs to do? Build their on ground or enter into a ground share agreement? 

The cost of a new build ground, when taking into account land costs, is probably prohibitive for lower league clubs. The club wants to enter the pyramid and progress, the sensible solution would appear to be ground-share?

That's fair enough Informer, and I don't think snowball is in any way blaming those clubs. But it can't be right that the SFA would have happily licensed Bonnyrigg if they'd moved  to Stenhousemuir. The SFA had, and would still have, no problem with a group of businessmen buying Clydebank, moving it to Airdrie and changing its name and colours to those of Airdrie.

Groundsharing is fine when it's in the same community, like East Stirling, Edinburgh City and Cumbernauld Colts. But Cove got a licence while flitting all over Aberdeenshire, and a club from the west end of Glasgow playing permanently in Clackmannanshire is just ridiculous. A club should be in its community, otherwise what is it for? 

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

, and a club from the west end of Glasgow playing permanently in Clackmannanshire is just ridiculous. A club should be in its community, otherwise what is it for? 

Maybe ridiculous but they're at a level where they obviously can sustain it financially and it seems to be allowed,why is this argument just coming out now shouldn't all these clubs have kicked off aboot it back then when it happened though  ? 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybe ridiculous but they're at a level where they obviously can sustain it financially and it seems to be allowed,why is this argument just coming out now shouldn't all these clubs have kicked off aboot it back then when it happened though  ? 

...and there was nothing to stop the Bonnyriggs, Auchinlecks etc from applying to the LL when it was set up but too many clubs were run in fear of change. 

Kelty have singlehandedly changed Scottish Football, its just that Scottish Football as a whole looks like taking some time to catch up.

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Who are "all these clubs"?

1 hour ago, leftbehind said:

Erode another part of the green belt to have enough money to install lights at a soulless football stadium with No PUBLIC TRANSPORT  PASSING IT.   No thank you.

At the risk of being a bit pedantic the LRT 31 and 49 will both take you to about 50 yards from lasswade rugby club.

30 minutes ago, Jason King said:

...and there was nothing to stop the Bonnyriggs, Auchinlecks etc from applying to the LL when it was set up but too many clubs were run in fear of change. 

Kelty have singlehandedly changed Scottish Football, its just that Scottish Football as a whole looks like taking some time to catch up.

28 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Who are "all these clubs"?

I think its blatantly obvious you know what I'm on aboot but see the post above ;)

28 minutes ago, Winkles said:

At the risk of being a bit pedantic the LRT 31 and 49 will both take you to about 50 yards from lasswade rugby club.

At the risk of being extremely pedantic LRT hasn’t existed for 19 years ;).

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

You'll know more than me regarding the lights situation and where it be sourced from.

Haha you're kidding, I'm right out the loop now. Went up the other week for the Gala game, had a couple o pints and watched the Edinburgh derby, I have to say I was made very welcome, by NEARLY everybody :lol:

How do you know it's their last season have the rules been clarified I know it's a matter of time wi the floodlight scenario but is there a specific date ? 

Surely it's common knowledge, if the inspection is October or whatever, nae lights nae license, nae LL the season after.

Don't think Bonnyrigg would want to play Rosewell nor ww play at Bonnyrigg both could sell up and build somewhere  and groundshare possibly up past Lasswade rugby club though :P

You're missing the point, I said for a year only. Can't see why a successful club like the Rose would want to move from the centre o Bonnyrigg anyway. Apart from the slope ;)

Plus there's always been a story that if WW folded or moved, there's an agreement with the cooncil that FP could only be used for recreational use, not hooses. But I think that's some pish made up by Peter, because if WW own the ground surely they can do what they like.