4 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Looks like it's time to regroup and go again next season.

Disappointing outcome but not entirely unexpected.

No team would be disadvantaged by the licensing process?

well, we clearly have, as have Broxburn and Penicuik.

Edited by BS7

Don't think there's any doubt we'll appeal but given the shitshow that is the SFA it probably won't be heard in time to allow us to play in the Lowland League if successful.

5 minutes ago, gogsy said:

If  floodlights are the only thing stopping Bonnyrigg getting a license then surely that's it just delayed for a short period of time until they are installed? Meanwhile next season you will be in the big Scottish and in a league where attendances will probably be bigger than the average Lowland league game and one which you will  be favourites to win again.

Feck that - we’ve showed this season we could challenge for lowland league and a place in the play offs for the league

4 hours ago, BS7 said:

Feck that - we’ve showed this season we could challenge for lowland league and a place in the play offs for the league

And it likely delays another team moving on.  Bonnyrigg will be stronger than the team dropping from the LL and thus disadvantage other teams in the EoS premier next year.

In terms of the pyramid it has to be said that it's amazing work to have destroyed any real faith in it and for the SFA to manage such ineptitude that they've largely taken a sledgehammer to the deserved positivity that the EoS has developed this year.  Petrie, Maxwell etc., absolute arseholes, this would be the problems that we were largely led to believe wouldn't be an issue for teams moving in. 

No disrespect but movement into the EoS and pyramid has made it stronger in footballing terms what we don't need is an organisation run by utterly amateur cretins to halt progress by being completely unable to deliver an agreed set of conditions with enough flexibility to allow clubs to meet them.  Arseholes, this in no way reflects my feelings for the EoS who, personally, I think have delivered brilliantly in terms of administration this season and is a great set-up for the clubs within it.

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Surely LL could allow them to ground share with a licensed club for a season until lights are installed.

At least as per previous posts they have their own ground and want to instal them

That's far too sensible a post. 

2 hours ago, RobM said:

In terms of the pyramid it has to be said that it's amazing work to have destroyed any real faith in it and for the SFA to manage such ineptitude that they've largely taken a sledgehammer to the deserved positivity that the EoS has developed this year.  

That's the most galling thing - that after Saturday everyone was buzzing, the feelgood factor around the EoS was sky-high, and now Maxwell has dropped his pants and shat all over it. 

Surely LL could allow them to ground share with a licensed club for a season until lights are installed.

At least as per previous posts they have their own ground and want to instal them

That’s a great shout. Gives Bonnyrigg (or any other club in a similar position) time to get lights installed. It’d also give the SFA a big set of baws to dangle instead of being utter c***s. At least if after a year (or whatever timeframe is agreed) the lights aren’t up, then at least the SFA’s ‘GTF!’ is a fair one.

2 hours ago, snowball said:

Sign an agreement to ground share with a nearby licensed club, get SFA licence, gain promotion, get LL board to approve New Dundas Park as their registered ground - sorted.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Sign an agreement to ground share with a nearby licensed club, get SFA licence, gain promotion, get LL board to approve New Dundas Park as their registered ground - sorted.

#Scenes of that, if it happens.

I feel terrible for you guys, I do hope there is an appeal as if there is then you'll win it.  @HibeeJibee had a good post in another thread with examples when degradation was given to Linlithgow Rose and Banks O'Dee

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

That's far too sensible a post. 

Sorry won't do that again.

But there must be at least 5 LL sides who share with an SPFL club. So to keep their licence they dont need to worry about spending money on improvements just have an agreement with that club.

One side hasnt had it's own ground since league started

53 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Shocking decision imo just shocking , does this mean teams without lights currently in LL will be removed ? Which would be another shocking decision but a fair one , another clusterfuck from the sfa

Can’t speak for Strollers or Vale, but I think WW license is up for review  in October. I assume if they didn’t get the lights their license would be revoked and they’d be demoted at end of season whether bottom or not. Can’t see any other way in fairness. Genuinely sorry for Rose though.

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Sorry won't do that again.

But there must be at least 5 LL sides who share with an SPFL club. So to keep their licence they dont need to worry about spending money on improvements just have an agreement with that club.

One side hasnt had it's own ground since league started

I am always fascinated by this argument. 

The financial landscape in Scottish football is not a healthy one, so what are new clubs to do? Build their on ground or enter into a ground share agreement? 

The cost of a new build ground, when taking into account land costs, is probably prohibitive for lower league clubs. The club wants to enter the pyramid and progress, the sensible solution would appear to be ground-share?

The parochial attitude that seems to dominate Scottish football holds us back, and that includes attitudes towards “new clubs”. 

We need to look to modernise our thinking, which should include attitudes towards certain club’s infrastructures.

To be clear, I admire clubs like Rose who are ploughing their cash in to upgrade and offer the best possible product on the pitch. However, it’s not the fault of newer clubs that this has happened, that finger of blame points at Hampden.

Edited by The Informer

Feel for Bonnyrigg  Rose if they do not get up into the Lowland League. Clearly makes a mockery of the so called pyramid system where you have teams who are good enough to add to the Lowland League but are denied because they do not have floodlights at present. Hopefully common sense prevails and the SFA changes their minds. 

3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Feel it for Bonnyrigg if there had been no embargo they would have a license before any of this.

How is this for irony Bonnyrigg share with Whitehill who have a license but no floodlights 

Haha I thought that myself then I thought of the pitch ;)

Edit - it also means Whitehill agreeing to swap places in the league.

Edited by The Mantis