Is that you getting your excuses in early if we beat you in the semi final or Peebles somehow manage to tumble yous in the quarter finals lol
Not at all, I fully expect us to win the Quintuple this season [emoji3]

7 hours ago, Jason King said:

Do they have the squad size to ding the Edinburgh and Peebles games?

Are the other teams potentially in the Title games playing on those dates?

I certainly would be resting my better players for those two games.

On paper a league game with Eyemouth and cup-ties with Edinburgh Utd and Peebles are considerably less formidable than a cup-tie with Pencuik and title games with Penicuik/Hill of Beath plus Broxburn/Linlithgow. On the otherhand any lapse in a knockout cup-tie can prove fatal.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I believe the King Cup is being restricted to clubs outwith the EoS Premier for next season (well that's the proposal).  The Alex Jack is already restricted to non-licenced clubs.

That's also what happened after the Lowland League's first season - its clubs ceased entering the King Cup.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The South Challenge Cup should have a small first round of 7 matches next season, that would be another one to limit to non-LL clubs at the very least.

I doubt that would be favoured. It took considerable efforts to get the cup back to being all-in (for several years it was regionalised into 2 sections with each having 4 places in QFs). This season only 1 SOSL club won a tie and many LL clubs went out early-on.

Tbh it makes little odds. This season 2 LL clubs were drawn out and played an 'extra' midweek game (it proved Selkirk's last ever match) - whilst 3 EOSL clubs were drawn and became the odd teams in each conference. Even with a few new EOSL clubs you'd typically expect 3 LL, 3 SOSL and 8 EOSL... equivalent to at most 2, 2 or 4 league games respectively.

Edited by HibeeJibee

24 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Unbeaten  league run to play for in the league. Bo’ness is always a decent game so I’m looking forward to tomorrow. 

I would expect  to win every cup albeit East Kilbride might give us a game.

Camelon will give you a game if you can get passed peebles

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon will give you a game if you can get passed peebles

Don’t see it. I can’t remember them giving us a game before. We’re a level above. Hopefully the authorities see that. 

Let us concentrate on today’s game first, 3pts most important for league status. Know we have a cup tie on Wednesday and last League game of the season at home to Eyemouth next Saturday. Then we can concentrate on Cup ties with a difficult trip to Penicuik on Easter Monday. Camelon  can wait till after our little jaunt up to lovely Peebles and Whitestone Park for their next opponents.

C’mon the Rose

On 6/8/2018 at 01:58, GordonS said:

Bonnyrigg drew the short straw getting LTHV. Presumably only one will be in the promotion shake-up, so there's no margin for error right from the start. Kelty had to win every other game to get in front of these guys. 

Interesting to see what's on the first page of this thread.  LHTV still have a reasonable chance of making the EoS premier given the fixtures that are left, but their performance this season has burst their bubble in a big way. They seemed to take a long time to recover from having five rattled past them by Bo'ness United.

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Interesting to see what's on the first page of this thread.  LHTV still have a reasonable chance of making the EoS premier given the fixtures that are left, but their performance this season has burst their bubble in a big way. They seemed to take a long time to recover from having five rattled past them by Bo'ness United.

Yeah, the demise of LTHV is one of the stories of the season in the EOS. In the last couple of seasons they were the only EOS team (Kelty apart, obv) that was capable of tangling with the big East Juniors, they were the one non-Junior team everyone wanted to avoid. Others will know better than me what happened to the players they had. 

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Yeah, the demise of LTHV is one of the stories of the season in the EOS. In the last couple of seasons they were the only EOS team (Kelty apart, obv) that was capable of tangling with the big East Juniors, they were the one non-Junior team everyone wanted to avoid. Others will know better than me what happened to the players they had. 

Put simply, Tynecastle moved out of Saughton Park, so the Council doubled the rent for LTHV.  Budget then screwed and could not afford to keep their best players.

42 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Put simply, Tynecastle moved out of Saughton Park, so the Council doubled the rent for LTHV.  Budget then screwed and could not afford to keep their best players.

Was there not also something to do with the manager leaving then coming back late into the pre-season?

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

They've not done too badly in a way, they've got wins over Dundonald, Tranent, Crossgates and Sauchie who are 3rd to 6th. Losing to Burntisland at home and only taking 2/12 points from Haddington & Dalkeith is where they really should have done better.

26 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Couple of new signings in this evenings team, presumably on loan.

Jesus Garcia Tena from Stenhousmuir and Kyle McClung of Edinburgh City.

There's also a guy on the bench. Herrera whoever that is