1 hour ago, Gimme said:

We don't have a free date until April 27th so it'll likely be that weekend, the only other alternative is that we play the game on a Monday night as all the Wednesdays are occupied until May 8th.

Plus all the other cups. League cup final is meant to be 12th may and football nation cup final is 18th

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

If we get the necessary one point tonight will a trophy be presented after the match?

C’mon the Rose

Would expect it to be done after the last home league game braveheart.

Bonnyrigg's winning streak brought to an end by Saturday's draw, but still unbeaten.

Confirmation of their run-in should they do the unthinkable and reach every final of every cup:

Wed 17 Apr     Haddington (H) - LC R1
Sat 20 Apr         Eyemouth (H)
Mon 22 Apr      Penicuik (A) - LC R2                                                             Easter Monday
Wed 24 Apr     Edinburgh Utd (H) - KC R2
Sat 27 Apr         Peebles (A) - EQC R4
Wed 1 May       Penicuik/HoB (H) - Title Round-Robin
Sat 4 May           Broxburn/Linlithgow (A) - Title Round-Robin
Mon 6 May        Tranent/Bo'ness (A) - LC SF                                           May Day
Thu 9 May          Camelon (A) - EQC SF
Sun 12 May       LC Final (N)
Wed 15 May     Jeanfield (H) - KC R3
Sat 18 May         Spartans (N) - EQC Final     #
Wed 22 May     Bo'ness (H) - KC R4     #
Sun 26 May        East Kilbride (N) - SCC Final                                         at Meggetland
Wed 29 May      KC SF (  )
Sat 1 Jun               KC Final (N)

# or vice versa if Spartans in Lowland League Cup Final

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bonnyrigg's winning streak brought to an end by Saturday's draw, but still unbeaten.

Confirmation of their run-in should they do the unthinkable and reach every final of every cup:

Wed 17 Apr     Haddington (H) - LC R1
Sat 20 Apr         Eyemouth (H)
Mon 22 Apr      Penicuik (A) - LC R2                                                             Easter Monday
Wed 24 Apr     Edinburgh Utd (H) - KC R2
Sat 27 Apr         Peebles (A) - EQC R4
Wed 1 May       Penicuik/HoB (H) - Title Round-Robin
Sat 4 May           Broxburn/Linlithgow (A) - Title Round-Robin
Mon 6 May        Tranent/Bo'ness (A) - LC SF                                           May Day
Thu 9 May          Camelon (A) - EQC SF
Sun 12 May       LC Final (N)
Wed 15 May     Jeanfield (H) - KC R3
Sat 18 May         Spartans (N) - EQC Final     #
Wed 22 May     Bo'ness (H) - KC R4     #
Sun 26 May        East Kilbride (N) - SCC Final                                         at Meggetland
Wed 29 May      KC SF (  )
Sat 1 Jun               KC Final (N)

# or vice versa if Spartans in Lowland League Cup Final

Meggetland  for a final who makes these decisions unbelievable 

I wonder if next season the amount of cups will be reduced, or seeded so that Lowland and/or EOS Premier teams come in after the opening rounds - given there will be 6 more league games?

10 minutes ago, cookieboy said:
2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Meggetland  for a final who makes these decisions unbelievable 

Suggestions of where it should be held instead? (apart from Prestonfield)

55 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I wonder if next season the amount of cups will be reduced, or seeded so that Lowland and/or EOS Premier teams come in after the opening rounds - given there will be 6 more league games?

I might be recalling this for a different league and even then it's only a suggestion from here, was that a cup could be just for the lower divisions.

EDIT: And the Alex Jack Cup is probably going to lose a round with a lot of clubs becoming SFA members.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I might be recalling this for a different league and even then it's only a suggestion from here, was that a cup could be just for the lower divisions.

I believe the King Cup is being restricted to clubs outwith the EoS Premier for next season (well that's the proposal).  The Alex Jack is already restricted to non-licenced clubs.

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I believe the King Cup is being restricted to clubs outwith the EoS Premier for next season (well that's the proposal).  The Alex Jack is already restricted to non-licenced clubs.

They would have been better making premier league teams not play the League Cup Qualifying and enter the League Cup at the knockout stage

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

They would have been better making premier league teams not play the League Cup Qualifying and enter the League Cup at the knockout stage

I guess these things are up for discussion if clubs want changes.

Do they have the squad size to ding the Edinburgh and Peebles games?
Are the other teams potentially in the Title games playing on those dates?
I certainly would be resting my better players for those two games.

Bonnyrigg don't have a big squad, we've only used 20 (I think) players all season. As long as we can avoid injuries it'll be fine although one or two did pick up knocks last night.

The next 2 Saturdays are league games against Bo'ness and Eyemouth but there's nothing to play for in them, the conference is already won. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the youth players in the squad over the next few weeks.

I would have thought by any stretch of the imagination that a club with a squad of 20 players IS a big squad in this league.    It is certainly  a big squad to finance over a season and outwith the capabilities of many of the current clubs.    Don't see where the YOUTH players are coming from in the current set up as they aren't in the *Academy* set up.  please enlighten.?  Finally if the last two games are * meaningless*  then the club wont expect punters to turn up or as  a jesture for this years loyal support it will be entry free.
Touched a nerve?

We don't have a squad of 20, we've used 20 players over the course of the season, 2 of whom have left the club and a third has been out on loan since early on, compare that to say Dunipace who've used 49 I think at the last count.

The 'youth' players I refer to will come from the Under 19 side if required, we've had their goalkeeper in the squad a few times this season.

Finally I don't see the word meaningless in my post, I said nothing to play for, perhaps I should have qualified that with 'other than pride' the conference is won, the squads been rotated most of the season, that certainly won't change now. The club want to win every single game but you have to be realistic about it and ensure the strongest squad is available for the most important games which, at the moment are the round robin and the South Challenge Cup Final.

30 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Touched a nerve?

We don't have a squad of 20, we've used 20 players over the course of the season, 2 of whom have left the club and a third has been out on loan since early on, compare that to say Dunipace who've used 49 I think at the last count.

The 'youth' players I refer to will come from the Under 19 side if required, we've had their goalkeeper in the squad a few times this season.

Finally I don't see the word meaningless in my post, I said nothing to play for, perhaps I should have qualified that with 'other than pride' the conference is won, the squads been rotated most of the season, that certainly won't change now. The club want to win every single game but you have to be realistic about it and ensure the strongest squad is available for the most important games which, at the moment are the round robin and the South Challenge Cup Final.

Is that you getting your excuses in early if we beat you in the semi final or Peebles somehow manage to tumble yous in the quarter finals lol