Bonnyrigg within touching distance of lifting Conference B now.

Although a tall order they could yet win the title round-robin and all 4 'domestic' cups, for a quintuple the likes of Gala, Spartans, Whitehill and LTHV all approached but never achieved, IIRC... in QFs of South Challenge, Last 16 of EOS Qualifying + League, and Last 32 of King cups.

EDIT: Actually:

2010-11 ... Spartans won league and all 4 cups ... (also lost 2-1 in EOS Cup Final)

1993-94 ... Whitehill won league and 3 cups, lost League Cup Final on penalties !! ... (also won EOS Cup)
1994-95 ... Whitehill won league and 3 cups, lost in EOS Qualifying Cup
1995-96 ... Whitehill won league and 3 cups, lost in EOS Qualifying Cup
1997-98 ... Whitehill won league and 3 cups, lost in EOS Qualifying Cup
1998-99 ... Whitehill won league and 3 cups, lost in King Cup ... (also won EOS Cup)
2001-02 ... Spartans won league and 3 cups, lost 1-0 in League Cup Final !!
2009-10 ... Spartans won league and 3 cups, lost in EOS Qualifying Cup

Gala in 1965-66 and Selkirk in 1975-76 won 'domestic' clean sweeps but these were only quadruples (no League Cup then). Eyemouth likely would have in 1958-59 but league was abandoned.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Tempted to go to the game v East Stirlingshire now, should be a good one. Any good places to drink at/near the ground?
The ground is in the centre of the town, you have a choice of 4 pubs within a few minutes walk, or the social club.

The Calderwood is all of 25 feet from the ground and is probably your best bet.

20 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I'm looking forward to Saturday. Cant wait to see Bonnyrigg play 90 minutes of hoofball to McGachie and getting knocked back down to reality after losing to a Shire side that have been brutal at times this season

Be assured that Bonnyrigg are not a 1 man team and as usual we take one game at a time. Can’t say I’ve seen The Big Rose play a game of hoofball, is that a game local to Falkirk?

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

Be assured that Bonnyrigg are not a 1 man team and as usual we take one game at a time. Can’t say I’ve seen The Big Rose play a game of hoofball, is that a game local to Falkirk?

I actually got told the same thing by a player from your league. I haven't seen Bonnyrigg this season.

I never mentioned them being a 1 man team it just seems everything is played through McGachie where possible.

I've seen Bonnyrigg and know they're not a 1 man team but he is very involved on many plays. Strong on the ball and comfortable with his back to goal but I still reckon Andy Grant beats him in the air.

Bonnyrigg march on into South Challenge Cup SFs where they will face East Kilbride, Hill of Beath Hawthorn or University of Stirling.

It has been pointed-out to me Rose are actually in pursuit of a sextuple: as reaching the EOS Qualifying Cup final enters you into the EOS Cup with Berwick and Edinburgh City - though the actual ties are often held-over to next season. I suppose you could even say a septuple given the division (conference) and league title (round robin) are separate this season.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Enjoyed today’s game. Thought we were the better team for start to finish and ran out pretty comfortable.

It was nice to see some away fans for a change this season, one in particular with longer grey hair (a bit like the dad from 80’s tv show Bread) was highly amusing.

Also fair play to their GK, thought he was excellent for his team was unlucky to be on losing side.

42 minutes ago, Boomtown Boy said:

Enjoyed today’s game. Thought we were the better team for start to finish and ran out pretty comfortable.

It was nice to see some away fans for a change this season, one in particular with longer grey hair (a bit like the dad from 80’s tv show Bread) was highly amusing.

Also fair play to their GK, thought he was excellent for his team was unlucky to be on losing side.

Jamie barclay is a class keeper

Barclay has been our best player by a mile. The ref was honking today and at 0-0 at HT I thought we had a chance. Penalty was soft and an OG won it but the scorline flattered Bonnyrigg.

Hopefully we get 2 games to put it right next season.

12 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

"Mad Bill" 

Loves winding up the opposition, favourite quote "You're the worst team I've ever seen", directed at every team we've played. 

He even featured in a book about Scottish football, named as "Beard Man"! 

IMG_20190303_091247.jpg

That’s the fella.

walking past the home fans at HT saying “1/3 on at the bookies you are, ave got £3k on you” 

at least he is £1k up for team losing :lol:

also told our gk about 100 times “this is no a diddy team you are playing now” 

ah the banter

Edited by Boomtown Boy

57 minutes ago, Boomtown Boy said:

That’s the fella.

walking past the home fans at HT saying “1/3 on at the bookies you are, ave got £3k on you” 

at least he is £1k up for team losing :lol:

also told our gk about 100 times “this is no a diddy team you are playing now” 

ah the banter

He looks awfully like a Camelon supporter as well, who was a regular at Olivebank when we were in the Super League. Likes a pint and usually wearing a black leather coat! Maybe not the same guy, or maybe watched Camelon when East Stirlingshire travelled away?

8 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

He looks awfully like a Camelon supporter as well, who was a regular at Olivebank when we were in the Super League. Likes a pint and usually wearing a black leather coat! Maybe not the same guy, or maybe watched Camelon when East Stirlingshire travelled away?

Same guy.

More likely be when Shire were at home. During our time at Ochilview there were a number of our supporters who would only go to away games, due to the heavy handed, night club bouncer/stewards they employed. 

They chased quite a lot of support away from the club. There was always someone being huckled out, each week. Bill used to get searched every time he went up to the gates. I look after the club shop and I used to get searched without fail. The knuckle draggers even searched the away team kit man, once! 

9 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Same guy.

More likely be when Shire were at home. During our time at Ochilview there were a number of our supporters who would only go to away games, due to the heavy handed, night club bouncer/stewards they employed. 

They chased quite a lot of support away from the club. There was always someone being huckled out, each week. Bill used to get searched every time he went up to the gates. I look after the club shop and I used to get searched without fail. The knuckle draggers even searched the away team kit man, once! 

Cheers for that Nimmo! Yeah, he was vocal at Camelon matches as well!

11 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Same guy.

Did he no always go to games with a carrier bag ??