9 hours ago, BS7 said:

Well that wasn’t the plan. Hopefully just a bad day at the office 

You were favourites BS7 but dont be to despondent,Vales recent scottish cup record is pretty good.....Stirling,Berwick,Elgin and Linlithgow have all been put to the sword.

Best of luck the rest of the season.

The Rose were not good enough on the day. On reflection who scored the first goal was going to determine the final outcome. The first goal a speculative hit the second losing possession and defence nowhere.  Vale goalie only had crosses to deal with and he never dropped or fumbled one all day and never had a direct shot all game to save.

End of the day we were not good enough and well done Devronvale

P.S. To wear a Bo’ness hat Devronvale time wasting was blatant and not acted upon by the ref till the last 5 minutes, and the mince pies were braw.

Might be unexpected to the committee, but a surprise for the fans. Can’t help but wonder if the result on Saturday had been different we wouldn’t have got this news today.

Thanks Davie White you can hold your head high, personally I would have preferred it to have you in the technical area next Saturday and the rest of the season.

Big Decision now for the Committee 

C’ The Rose 

10 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

You were favourites BS7 but dont be to despondent,Vales recent scottish cup record is pretty good.....Stirling,Berwick,Elgin and Linlithgow have all been put to the sword.

Best of luck the rest of the season.

We’d already lost to civil and gala so we maybe should have approached the game differently; everyone is genius with hindsight though.

deveronvale worked extremely hard and gave up 70% possession to the rose based on their stats. The team that scores the most goals wins and everything else is just chatter. All the best to the vale in the next round, it’s a welcome set up.

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

We’d already lost to civil and gala so we maybe should have approached the game differently; everyone is genius with hindsight though.

deveronvale worked extremely hard and gave up 70% possession to the rose based on their stats. The team that scores the most goals wins and everything else is just chatter. All the best to the vale in the next round, it’s a welcome set up.

Was glad you guys took the jump to the EoS pre-season.

You had out grown the juniors.

Not surprised whitburn didnt,the committee are dinosaurs.

I believe the LL wont be far away,will pop thru sometime in the spring to see the set up and take in a game.

Aye PRP is a good set-up,only thing that lets it down is a lack of a shed/enclosure,hopefully one day.

Aw the best in your journey up the leagues bud.

On 23/09/2018 at 15:55, Gimme said:

I don’t believe he would have jacked if we had drawn or won on Saturday, so it’s a bit strange as is the use of the word revelation in the statement from the club.

onwards and upwards though - it’s still a great squad of players.

I don’t believe he would have jacked if we had drawn or won on Saturday, so it’s a bit strange as is the use of the word revelation in the statement from the club.
onwards and upwards though - it’s still a great squad of players.
Agreed, I think he was keen to see out the run in the Scottish but it came to a juddering halt.

Dave left as a coach at the end of 2016/17 when Robbie Horn was in charge because of other commitments, it surprised me a little when he took the job on full time but he obviously felt he could fit everything in. But working full time, training 2 nights plus match day and all the other commitments of being a manager together with having 2 young children just didn't stack up.

It won't be the last we see of him but it might take 5 or 10 years before things fall into place for him to have another crack.

Well a trip to the seaside tomorrow again. Will be interesting to see the players reaction after last weeks result. Hopefully a positive reaction and plenty of goals. Dundonald losing last week helps our league cause but looks like LTHV are now coming on to a game now.

C’mon the Rose

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well a trip to the seaside tomorrow again. Will be interesting to see the players reaction after last weeks result. Hopefully a positive reaction and plenty of goals. Dundonald losing last week helps our league cause but looks like LTHV are now coming on to a game now.

C’mon the Rose

Might have a wee walk over with the bairns to see this, has Robbie been announced yet ? 

Well thought that  was hard work for 4 goals and three points and a clean sheet. A bit open and breezy at that ground but enjoyed my day out.

Is the Managers job being advertised or do the board have someone in mind? Think Jonny Stewart will be a manager down the line but still young enough to keep playing.

C’mon the Rose

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well thought that  was hard work for 4 goals and three points and a clean sheet. A bit open and breezy at that ground but enjoyed my day out.

I suppose no one can complain at a 4 0 win away from home, with the vast majority of possession, never looking like losing the game, Currie also hitting  the woodwork as many times, Eyemouth  keeper pulling off a few good saves, but I left at the end slightly disappointed by your performance, oh and the fact you didn’t have your home strip on, that really pissed me off, fucking yellow indeed